The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Argh - man-eating plant installed, Rendo and RDNA new stuff installed..

..but NO VICKYS!!!! :bug: :bug:

what's my poor plant gonna eat, Cookie? She's a toon, she won't digest well. :smirk:

So today's fun will be installing some Vicys and maybe a Mike for dinner! :vampire: :vampire:

I should render the plant just to see how it looks! :snake:

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Why u not have Victoria and Michael installed? Or genesis ? They is essential man lol

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    is hockey popular in the UK?

sometimes i think i'm a Canadian trapped in the body of an American, cuz the Canadian anthem makes me feel emotional sometimes. "O Canada aaa"

well, the Whitney rendition of "O say can you see" makes for an emotional overload. the Roseann version, not so much.

Are you talking Hockey or Ice hockey here. Hockey is a sport that is (or certainly was) played in just about every British school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_field_hockey

was talking ice hockey. they play the national anthems for the playing teams.

i was trying to remember what's the UK national anthem

edited November 2012

I remember the theme of UK anthem... But like the US one... I don't know the words to them.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

genesis on a bun with some relish and hot sauce? tee hee

do man eating plants has table manners?

edited December 1969

huh, Sarina for A3 in my w/l just dropped to 2.98.

waaaa my visagc is completely tapped out. emergency yard sale

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I remember the theme of UK anthem... But like the US one... I don't know the words to them.

God save our old tom cat
    feed him on bread and fat
    God save our cat.
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    AtticAnne said:
    Thanks, tjohn. Ice would definitely help, but I don't have any frozen whole kernel corn or blackeyed peas right now. Those are my preferences for migraine control because they are moldable to my head, then when the migraine leaves I can get up and cook them up for supper.

hopes you are doing OK again by now :)

This was just a little one and was gone when I woke up this morning. Just needed to sleep it off I guess.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

sometimes i think i'm a Canadian trapped in the body of an American, cuz the Canadian anthem makes me feel emotional sometimes. "O Canada aaa"

well, the Whitney rendition of "O say can you see" makes for an emotional overload. the Roseann version, not so much.

What do you mean, I cry every time I hear Roseanne sing.

(Hug to Whitney)

Makes my dogs cry too.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

how do I change the default settings for programs? I want to watch all my DVDs and Blurays with Nero.

Under Windows XP, if you right-click on the drive in Windows Explorer and select Properties, there's an "AutoPlay" tab, which allows you to select which action to perform for a particular content type - with different actions for Music CD, DVD Movie, and HD DVD Movie. The application to use can be selected there. Alternatively, under the Settings, Control {Panel, Add or Remove Programs, there's an option to 'Set Program Access and Defaults', which also allows you to 'Choose a default media player'.

Under Windows 7, I'm not too sure what the equivalent will be, but it should be somewhere nearby <(^_^).</p>

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

In windows 7, just right click on whatever it is you want to change, then change "Opens With" under General tab.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Anything else on your w/l dropped as well?
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Anything else on your w/l dropped as well?

a few. now i know why, lol
    just saw the email for the 70 percents category.

and the email didn't have a chopped up dude in it. gratefuls

edited December 1969

Yeah, I've read that thread... pretty touchy subject that... I am tempted to expresses my feelings on it's subject, but, as a regular forum addict, I don't want to 'stir the pot' so to speak. I'm actually rather surprised how many there are with conflicting opinions.

edited December 1969

Complaint: I just worked, and the whole time at work all I wanted to do was create... Now that my shift is over, I have very little time to create, and am left feeling tired. I also know that my shift tomorrow with have the same effect. :( I love work cant you tell :roll:

Considered getting a job where I CAN create... But I would be concerned it would just become "work" and deter me from creating. :S

edited December 1969

i peeked in that thread once, won't do it again.

what to render today?
    anyone want a faerie? or catgirrl? naughty tentacles?

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Yeah, I've read that thread... pretty touchy subject that... I am tempted to expresses my feelings on it's subject, but, as a regular forum addict, I don't want to 'stir the pot' so to speak. I'm actually rather surprised how many there are with conflicting opinions.

I appreciate what you say Spyro. You just went up a couple of notches in my book. If only me and several others could do the same and if other peoples morals were taken into consideration, it would not have become a problem to begin with. Thank you for expressing your reason not to post in that thread, it makes me look at things a bit differently and hopefully try not to stir the pot in the future, even though that was not my intention.

edited December 1969

looks like daz bought out some LR characters. Lorelei for v4 is in the discount cat. she looks Norma Jean-ish, very pretty

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Spyro said:

I appreciate what you say Spyro. You just went up a couple of notches in my book. If only me and several others could do the same and if other peoples morals were taken into consideration, it would not have become a problem to begin with. Thank you for expressing your reason not to post in that thread, it makes me look at things a bit differently and hopefully try not to stir the pot in the future, even though that was not my intention.

Lol, thanks man :) - I don't by any means intend to discourage ones right to express themselves on an opinion... Every one is entitled to it. I'm just wavering my right to do so on that topic. :-P

edited December 1969

I see alot of cool new expressions on RO for V4!!! But none for genesis which is disappointing for me :( I wish RO would start bringing out stuff for Genesis... Genesis is feeling rather neglected there :(

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,029
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Are you talking Hockey or Ice hockey here. Hockey is a sport that is (or certainly was) played in just about every British school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_field_hockey
    You don't want to know what "field hockey" is in my neck of the woods. :lol:
    edited December 1969

Have anything to do with cows, tjohn?

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Why u not have Victoria and Michael installed? Or genesis ? They is essential man lol

I wiped out my old runtime and I'm rebuilding.. urgh. :bug:

All my RDNA and Rendo content is re-installed, now for the Daz People.. :snake:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,029
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Has everything to do with cows, Anne. :lol:
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,616
    edited November 2012

Jaderail said:
    Complaint for the thread. This will sound like more than one but is really just one long one all run together.

Rendering animation still frames is one heck of a fast way to cook your PC's chip set without even trying hard. Trying to edit the said frames into a good movie format with a Freeware editor is as easy as taking a fresh peace of meat from a sharks mouth. Adding good Audio effects to the finished movie format is almost as much fun as passing a kidney stone (for the men) or pushing something the size of a watermelon out of your uterus (for the ladies). Wanting GREAT software (that cost tons) to make the last two things easier when your living on rice and beans just so you can have a really NICE Thanksgiving dinner BITES THE BIG ONE.

Accidentally finding out that you REALLY Really really like animating after spending every extra penny you've had for the last four years on getting better at single image renders (I never get better, so hush) Just chaps my arse.

Rant, Complaint, what ever this was is now over. Blah!

...I hear you on this. Studied "classic" cel based animation back in the 80s.Unfortunately a 16mm multi plane animation stand (and the place to put it) makes even proggies like 3DS, C4D, Maya and Lightwave look like Daz PC items in comparison (and that's not including cinelab processing fees or the facilities to do it yourself). Even paying for time on a stand is relatively cost prohibitive for most on our income level.

The tough thing I I've had the animation bug for some twenty five years now. About the only way to go is GPU assisted rendering to save your CPU some of the strain, however outside of the high priced Pro Grade apps, only Blender (with it's Cycles render engine) has that capability right now (which is why I am taking the time to learn it).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    AtticAnne said:

Has everything to do with cows, Anne. :lol:

Hmm now I am intrigued, come on fill us non US types in, why don't you.
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    When it comes to business the better the suit the blacker the heart is a rule of thumb which works for me :)

...agree 100%.
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Rain is still quite a novelty, shiny puddles everywhere from overnight showers are sparkly delightful in bright sun, as if some giant scattered glitter all over while we were asleep :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752
    edited December 1969

I am learning to listen to my vibe sense of people. If I get a bad vibe, that person is probably no good. It has to do with how he acts and behaves. How he talks. It is about the whole package of how he behaves, even the most minute thing my mind picks up and then combine it all and process it to see if I can trust him or not. My brain does it automatically it has become second nature. I observe the world, consciously and subconsciously. I try to see as many details I can, but I also have a filter so I will not get overwhelmed with all the details. Even though I notice a lot of things, I try to focus on the task on hand, but sometimes that is hard.

I met a guy yesterday and the vibe I got from him is that he is not good for me.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

God save our old tom cat
    feed him on bread and fat
    God save our cat.

...ah, the anthem of the women's loo at Paddington where the late Tiddles once resided.

tiddles.jpg
    296 x 220 - 16K
This discussion has been closed.