Poser crash when using Genesis extra items

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have purchased the V5 suite and am trying to use it in Poser. I have Poser 9, SR3 and Windows 7. I have reinstalled Poser 9 into C:\SmithMicroInstall\Poser 9 and applied the SR3 patch to the same location. I have verified that the version number represents SR3. I then installed the DSON importer 32 bit and the Genesis Starter Essentials - two packages, pointing them all at the C:\SmithMicroInstall\Poser 9 directory. I also installed the body and head morphs and V5. I added the runtime pointing to these items. I can click on the Genesis figure and it will appear and render. However, if I pick any other figure, such as basic male or female, or the V5 character, it opens a dialog box, prints messages such as 'applying settings to actors' and then pops us a message that 'Poser executable file has stopped working' and I have to kill the program.

When I look at the log file I can find in Scripts/DSON Importer Preferences

DSONPoser Starting Tue Oct 30 08:06:43 2012
creating Scene
DSON Importer
Setup
DSON Write Path: C:/Smith Micro/Poser 9/Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted
Parsing DSON File...
Scanning for dynamic assets...
Writing character file...
Could not find source property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSurprise.dsf#PHMSurprise?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5Surprise.dsf
Could not find source property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlRight.dsf#PHMSnarlRight?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5SnarlRight.dsf
............................... (skipping similar messages)
Could not find source property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMAfraid.dsf#PHMAfraid?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5Afraid.dsf
Loading CR2 File
Applying settings to actors...
DSONPoser Starting Tue Oct 30 08:19:33 2012
creating Scene

Any suggestions to get Genesis working with Poser for me?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Not that I have P9 or PP2012, but what version of the DSON Importer are you using?

There was an update to it recently - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10679/

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Did I understand it right that you installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and Victoria 5 into different folders? If so, this may be the reason for your problems. The DSF system requires everything to be installed in the same data folder.

• edited December 1969

Thank you for your responses. I had downloaded the new DSON importer, which is dated 10/12. I downloaded it again and ran the install. It prompted me to deinstall, which I allowed, and then ran on to completion.

I still have the same problem, Poser crashing right after the message about applying actions to actors.

I have all of the data installed in the same location - C:\SmithMicroInstall\Poser 9. I can see the \data directory and I have responded to all the dialogs with this as the directory.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Do you have SR3, or SR3.1?

• edited December 1969

Thank you for asking about the version. From my Poser 'about' screen - I see 9.0.3.23027. I applied the update from a file I downloaded from Smith Micro named Poser9-SR3.1_win.zip.

edited December 1969

I really don't think you should install the Essentials file to the same directory as Poser, even if you didn't install Poser into the Programs folder. The Importer must go there, but I think the other files should be placed in an external runtime.

• edited December 1969

At at a loss after yesterday, I uninstalled Poser 9, then reinstalled it to a new directory, installed the SR3.1 update, and then installed the DSON importer to the new location, and installed the two Genesis starter packages to c:\DAZ3D. This left me with the default picture with the Andy2 Robot. I added a new runtime pointing to c:\DAZ3D\Runtime.

I was able to add Genesis. When I tried to add the basic female, the messages went 'Loading CR2 file', 'applying settings to actors', and then Poser crashed with "Poser executable file has stopped working". This is the same issue I had all along.

When I go to Scripts - DSON Importer Preferences and look at the log, I see:

DSONPoser Starting Wed Oct 31 09:03:26 2012
    creating Scene
    DSON Importer
    Setup
    DSON Write Path: C:/SmithMicroPoser/Poser 9/Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted
    Parsing DSON File...
    Scanning for dynamic assets...
    Writing character file...
    Loading CR2 File
    Applying settings to actors...

I would certainly like to use the Genesis characters, but no luck.....

edited December 1969

Not sure why you mentioned Andy. Installing Genesis to Poser doesn't mean Genesis is supposed to replace Andy.

Personally, I still prefer installing the Core files to a DAZ directory, and and the Poser Companion Files to a separate Poser directory. Genesis will actually be installed in the DAZ directory. I then link both the DAZ and Poser directories to Poser. Don't know if that will solve your problem, however.

• edited December 1969

I did want to complete this post, just in case someone else searched and located it. I tried all the above suggestions, de-installed and re-installed numerous times. On my Windows 7 machine, I could never get it to not crash after adding basic child or basic female or basic male, even though the genesis character would install.

I always installed Poser 9, followed by SR3.1, followed by the DSON importer to the runtime directory. I tried installing the two Genesis packages to the runtime, into the default My Documents and other areas.

I then tried it on my home machine with Vista - same problem. Sigh...

I then tried it on my second work machine, Windows XP.

In all cases, I get crash to the desktop whenever I add in the basic characters, except for Genesis. When I add in things like hair or clothes, I get error messages, but the actual item does render in the screen.

AttributeError: SetGamma Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\denjones.TURNER\Documents\Genesis Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ Hair\Aldora\Aldora Hair.py", line 2, in dson.dzdsonimporter.loadCompanionDSONFile( sys.argv[0] ); SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

I can see files being created in the data directories for these items. However, adding in any of the basic characters crashes for all environments.

I will just have to wait and see if future versions of the DSON import might work.