PA sale starting soon?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is it ?

remember when it was a November thing?

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I think it starts in September, doesn't it? Hard to believe September is only three+ weeks away...

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited August 2016

Yeah, it's been September for a couple of years now.

Sometimes the big sales start a day or two early. Or a day or two late. Sept 1, will be on a Thursday this year. Thursday is often a launch day for products, so this is anyone's guess. 

Sometimes the major events overshoot their month by a few days as well. A lot depends on how many new items are ready to go when the month starts.

And, of course the PA month runs right into the PC+ Anniversary month in October. That may affect start/end dates, too.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited August 2016

Can someone explain what the PA Sale is, for us newbies? I get that it's a sale, but what's the big deal about it? Is like a mega sale? What kind of discounts are we looking at? Or what's the excitment about? Please fill us newbies in. :D 

Also, what's the PC+ Anniversary month?

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,350
    edited August 2016

Can someone explain what the PA Sale is, for us newbies? I get that it's a sale, but what's the big deal about it? Is like a mega sale? What kind of discounts are we looking at? Or what's the excitment about? Please fill us newbies in. :D

It is the Published Artist sale.  There are three major sales a year - March Madness, PA sale, and PC+ Anniversary sale each lasting about a month. Throughout the month of the PA sale various PA stores will be on sale at typically 50% off. Mostly only some stores will be on sale at a given time but there are usually "catchup" days when all of them will be on sale at once. Last year the PA sale ran from September to mid-October. Then the PC+ sale featuring various PC+ items and special bundles ran from mid-October to mid-November.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,600

...no! no! NO!!!!  I haven't won the Megabucks Lotto yet.  Already missed MM and the Summer Sales.

It is the Published Artist sale.  There are three major sales a year - March Madness, PA sale, and PC+ Anniversary sale each lasting about a month. Throughout the month of the PA sale various PA stores will be on sale at typically 50% off. Mostly only some stores will be on sale at a given time but there are usually "catchup" days when all of them will be on sale at once. Last year the PA sale ran from September to mid-October. Then the PC+ sale featuring various PC+ items and special bundles ran from mid-October to mid-November.

Ah ok, thank you for the explanation, Charlie. :) So with the 50% off along with other sales, there is probably some nice stacking opportunities, I'll bet. :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited August 2016

Ah ok, thank you for the explanation, Charlie. :) So with the 50% off along with other sales, there is probably some nice stacking opportunities, I'll bet. :)

As I recall, 50% off is a minimum; it's usually 60% or more. I think. Won't swear to it, but that's what I remember. Fast Grab went away for that sale last year, I think.

EDIT: Punch card sale! What Knittingmommy said below! That's what I was trying to remember about it and couldn't.

Last year, it was a punch card sale for half the month, and then it turned into a sorta kinda almost not quite regular sale, with the percentage discount fixed according to how many punches you had active at the time the sale changed. So depending on how many punches you had, it was a minimum of at least 50%, up to ... I want to say 75%? Pretty high, anyway.

Oh, and any item that hasn't been in the store for at least 60 days is still in its new-item period, and is thus excluded from the sale at that point. If it ticks over the 60-day mark during the month, it may be included in the final catch-up sale.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Usually.  And, last year, they did this punch card thing where if you buy a certain number of items you get a punch and each punch was worth a specific amount of discount.  Not everyone likes dealing with those, but there were some pretty decent discounts.  The thing to remember about the PA sale is that there are usually deep discounts on new products plus the vendors store while the PC sale is usually really deep discounts on not new items. The PC sale also has really great bundle deals that are especially good for newbies.  Each bundle had a theme of sorts and there were like 8 to 10 items for about $2.99 per deal.  Most of those deals were for great back catalog items like the Carnival stuff or West Park stuff, etc.  No idea how they will be doing things this year.  I'd save up though if you want some back catalog stuff real cheap.  I got some stuff last year for about .40 a piece.  I'm hoping for some good discounts on some RDNA stuff.  I have quite a bit of that in my wishlist now.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,309

Often both MM and the PA sales do not offer any better discounts on older products than the more "ordinary" sales that occur during the rest of the year, indeed some of the crazy sales, like the bundles sale a week or so ago, offer far greater discounts. The annual sales do however offer more generous discounts on new items than the standard 30%, often giving 50% or even 60% off. So if you like buying new items, these 2 months are the best sales of the year.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

What Havos said.

It is more about new products, but there can be some good combos; sometimes the time to figure em out is too much. :p

Ah excellent! Thanks for the info. I'm definitely looking forward to the sale (assuming I can aquire some money to spend by that time lol). :)

• pdspds Posts: 593

Did anyone else get the benefit of the 90% off Cyber Monday Sale last year, or was that a special deal I lucked into because I happened to be a new customer and joined Platinum Club during that weekend? I wasn't quite in a position to take full advantage of it last year and it expired while I was still loading up my cart (first of many Flash-type sales that expired before I could check out). Would love a second chance at that sale!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i always ending up blowing my whole budget first few days.  lol

my big ticket wantz this year , dulce, https://www.daz3d.com/miranda-s-ice-cream-parlor

Usually.  And, last year, they did this punch card thing where if you buy a certain number of items you get a punch and each punch was worth a specific amount of discount.  Not everyone likes dealing with those, but there were some pretty decent discounts.  The thing to remember about the PA sale is that there are usually deep discounts on new products plus the vendors store while the PC sale is usually really deep discounts on not new items. The PC sale also has really great bundle deals that are especially good for newbies.  Each bundle had a theme of sorts and there were like 8 to 10 items for about $2.99 per deal.  Most of those deals were for great back catalog items like the Carnival stuff or West Park stuff, etc.  No idea how they will be doing things this year.  I'd save up though if you want some back catalog stuff real cheap.  I got some stuff last year for about .40 a piece.  I'm hoping for some good discounts on some RDNA stuff.  I have quite a bit of that in my wishlist now.

one thing to be aware of with punch sales, is usually a no returns policy.  

pot luck

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

The christmas in July sale was pretty good to me.  I found a lot of nice older stuff  maybe that should be added to the Major sales event as well :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

The July sale was called the Dollar DAZ sale when I first wandered in back in '09. Deep discounts on back calatolg items, offered in waves acto the age of the items. I think 2010 or 2011 was the last year that they held that one. 

The thing is that the rules change every year on all of these. So while you know there's to be a sale, you can't really anticipate how it's going to be run. Often there's a Gift Card sale event just before it starts. If you possibly can, take advantage of that one. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,309
    MistyMist said:

pot luck

Last year's PA sale started off as a sort of punch card deal (it was a bit different to this), but DAZ abandoned it for a straight discount after about a week or so. As such, there is no guarantee how the sale will work this year.

wonder if theyll surprise with a David7 this year.   if he comes out every other generation,, he's due

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    MistyMist said:

my big ticket wantz this year , dulce, https://www.daz3d.com/miranda-s-ice-cream-parlor

Well, who doesn't like ice cream?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739
    edited August 2016
    MistyMist said:

In reality that's true with many items in everyday sales also these days - you can't/don't want to return an item that generates discounts for other items you purchase. I haven't tried actually but I can only imagine two scenarious: you lose the discounts on the other items which in most cases probably doesn't make it worthwhile (you may get e.g. $1 back for a returned $10 item (or you may even end up with a minus)), or they refuse to accept the return because it's too complex to do the calculations (I don't think the system can handle this automatically, especially with stacking discounts).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

To me, the big benefit of the PA sale has always been that there's usually one or two times when EVERYTHING in the store is on sale at once, and that's frequently the only time all year when there are discounts on some vendor's products.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    JOdel said:
    The thing is that the rules change every year on all of these. So while you know there's to be a sale, you can't really anticipate how it's going to be run.

Very this. I can't quite remember what the rules for the big three sales were like when I first came here (goo'grief, 13 years ago? really?) but after a few years they began changing a bit, then a lot. Nowadays, there's really no way of telling what this year's event will be like by looking at what happened last year.

There's still a pretty good chance it'll be fun, though, with some great offers. My DAZ spending budget has had to come down a lot in recent years, but I still sometimes manage to hit a jackpot or three at some point during the month.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    MistyMist said:

You'll love it when you get it! Just about everything in it is a seperate prop that can be used to kitbash other scenes. I've already used the waffle cones in a outdoor summer park scene.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    MistyMist said:

wonder if theyll surprise with a David7 this year.   if he comes out every other generation,, he's due

Nope, no more David. If we get Stephanie 7 this year, she most likely come-out with a brand new partner like Aiko did with Kenji.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,326
    edited August 2016

I am buying this on Thursday:

https://www.daz3d.com/stairs-and-the-rocks

If I like the results of my renders, I'll be raiding Andrey's store come the PA sale.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on

saved taxi money by walking 2 miles today.  gonna be too exhausted to shop.\ when it starts.

no change in the sofa cushions.

saved bottles for coin return

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited August 2016

From what I remember, the PA sale seems a lot like what they're currently doing. The kind of sale where they introduce a couple of new items every day.  You have to buy at least one in order to get a discount on something else you or you have to buy one today in order to get a discount on something tomorrow and you have no idea what is going to be released tomorrow . And even if you do buy something, the discounts never seem to be all that great plus they featured different PAs every single day . It was monumentally confusing and time consuming. I ended up watching for my favorite PAds and felt bad for the others because I know there were plenty of great products that I wasn't going to see because DAZ was making the sale so complicated.  Almost like they want to say "we're having a wonderful super sale" but not really have a sale so they make it is difficult to shop and actually get the discounts as possible.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
    edited August 2016

historically, theres one or two days everyyy store, even noggins, on sale.

hopes that day wifi doesnt flake  

Post edited by Mistara on

ooooo Star2 banner mentions PA sale!!!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

A PA sale?

I think it's shameful that you people are supporting the selling of PAs... These poor people have enough problems without being sold like old moldy cheese... PAs are human beings (I haven't actually researched this), with feelings and needs, just like the rest of us... Please... If you must, adopt a stray one or go to a reputable PA Shelter and take one home, but please don't support the wanton selling and breeding of PAs or patronize PA mills... Adopt or just buy their products, but don't sell them... And if you already have some... Remember, spay or neuter.

This was a public service announcement... I think... It also may just be that I'm bored and reacting randomly to thread titles... 

I'm not sure... I could also be hungry too...