The editing of Poser files is one of the most mundane tasks in the whole of the content development process. It is also one where human error is always a big factor, as it's usually the last thing to be done - it's late, you're tired and a product is overdue.
This app eliminates all of that hassle, and it's saved me a lot of time over the course of it's existence. I'm pleased to now have it in a form where it can be of benefit to other content creators. It turns a lot of the manual editing that we have to do - which takes ages, is massively boring, repetitive and prone to error - into just a single click. It will clean .cr2, .mc6, .pz2, .cm2 and lt2 files, and new in version 1.5 will create both Poser .mc6 materials and Poser 5 pz2 material files from existing .cr2 files.
All in line with the current DAZ brokering requirements.
What's Included and Features
- Set Poser versions on all .cr2, .mc6. cm2 and lt2 files to 6 (by default, or whatever you choose)
- Set Poser versions of all .pz2 (new and existing) to 5
- Reset the figure name numerical suffix to :1 (except on preload .cr2's)
- Remove any trace of the ControlProp entries in .cr2 files
- Remove Default Material entries in .cr2, .mc6 and .pz2 files
- New in v1.5 -create .mc6 materials from base .cr2 files.
- New in v1.5 -create .pz2 material files from either .mc6 or .cr2 files
- Mac OS 10.5+ only