Genesis content management in Carrara

2»

Comments

• SLoTH_XVXSLoTH_XVX Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

OK....so I'm back to DLing some new DAZ files and just need to know what files I need to download for the following:

Carrara ONLY......

and

DAZ|Studio 4.5+

I have not used (and don't plan to use) the Meta files so what is the minimum I should be DLing?

Sorry, I am sure this has been answered but I don't consider myself the sharpest tool in the shed.....:roll:

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Sloth :)

For Carrara,. anything built for DS, or Poser, should work just fine.

The "Legacy" files, are for older versions of DS.
    The "DSON" files, are purely for Poser 9 and above ,..to allow Poser 9 users to play with Genesis.

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

Thanks 3Dage it does help but what about these PoserCF files?
    Are these more Poser only files?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Yes,. the Poser CF (Companion File) is ONLY for poser 9 or better,.
    As far as I know,. it won't work without the DSON importer, which is for P9 and PP2012 ..and none of the genesis stuff will work in earlier versions of Poser.

If you have DS4.5 installed, (needed to use genesis in Carrara 8.5) then I'd download the Daz versions. as the C8.5 beta will read Duf format.

If you have Poser 9, or Poser Pro2012, and the DSON importer (needed to use genesis in Poser 9) then you can download the Poser versions.

If you have Older versions of Poser,.or Daz Studio then you can't use genesis products, and if the "product" isn't for genesis, then there shouldn't be any issues, ..
    for Example:
    V4 can be downloaded and installed to either DS. (Content / My Library) , Poser (Runtime), or a customised runtime folder.

It's a bit confusing right now for everyone, especially for new customers, with multiple format downloads for any single product,. but there are plans to make things easier.

:)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

Legacy files Older DS version
    DSON core files DS 4.5 and Poser 9+ both use these
    PCF for poser 9 or higher as stated, to be used with the DSON importer.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the clarification, I think I've got it now.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. :)