General Gen 5 Iconic Character Render Thread

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

But I should point out the textures aren't 100% mine... I did a diploma in Digital media, Cert IV and Cert II, the core of which was focused on Photoshop and the other Adobe software, (3d animation in 3ds Max was what got me into 3D and ultimately Daz as-well.) - These were various wonderful textures mostly involving the vendor Freja's textures in RO, I simply edited and mixed and matched to my hearts content and added details like vector drawn eyebrows and digitally painted other features like lips and unique to the character: birth marks, freckles and moles, I heavily altered the parameters of the characters and their surface settings, bump maps and the colour tone of the skin.

If you can do all that, maybe you should think about picking up a skin texture merchant resource and trying to build a texture that you could potentially sell. :) I mean, if you're going to put all that effort in, you might as well leave yourself the possibility of getting some return on your investment. Judging from the results you've shown in this thread, I'd certainly be interested if you started selling your work.

My point exactly! :-)

Well that's very sweet :) -Thank you two!

To be honest it never actually crossed my mind, I think some more textures would be good for Genesis/M4/V4 (if there is demand for it) ... I'll have a bit of a play around... Perhaps with the right PhotoShop brushes I could attempt a set of realistic, Digitally painted '100% mine' textures. And with all the characters on daz, there's plenty of textures that would give me a Reference. I'll work on a couple and post my findings to you. See how I go :cheese: lol

The other issue of course would be body hair... I create vector eyebrows hair by hair and could easily make some hi-res eye lashes, but body hair is a different story all together, that requires photo's of real people (models) as well as having the rights to distribute such a thing.

That said though, generally speaking body hair is much more realistic when it's 'fibre mesh' and not 'painted-on' so to speak. ------- Zev0 is releasing a fantastic product called 'ManFuzz' which will revolutionize that area anyway. Personally, and I'm not sure how many would agree, I prefer textures without the body hair any way. It's much more playable for all ages and genders I think, and with genesis a model of many appearances it seems more appropriate.

Any way, that's food for thought %-P

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited August 2012

But I should point out the textures aren't 100% mine... I did a diploma in Digital media, Cert IV and Cert II, the core of which was focused on Photoshop and the other Adobe software, (3d animation in 3ds Max was what got me into 3D and ultimately Daz as-well.) - These were various wonderful textures mostly involving the vendor Freja's textures in RO, I simply edited and mixed and matched to my hearts content and added details like vector drawn eyebrows and digitally painted other features like lips and unique to the character: birth marks, freckles and moles, I heavily altered the parameters of the characters and their surface settings, bump maps and the colour tone of the skin.

If you can do all that, maybe you should think about picking up a skin texture merchant resource and trying to build a texture that you could potentially sell. :) I mean, if you're going to put all that effort in, you might as well leave yourself the possibility of getting some return on your investment. Judging from the results you've shown in this thread, I'd certainly be interested if you started selling your work.

My point exactly! :-)

Well that's very sweet :) -Thank you two!

To be honest it never actually crossed my mind, I think some more textures would be good for Genesis/M4/V4 (if there is demand for it) ... I'll have a bit of a play around... Perhaps with the right PhotoShop brushes I could attempt a set of realistic, Digitally painted '100% mine' textures. And with all the characters on daz, there's plenty of textures that would give me a Reference. I'll work on a couple and post my findings to you. See how I go :cheese: lol

The other issue of course would be body hair... I create vector eyebrows hair by hair and could easily make some hi-res eye lashes, but body hair is a different story all together, that requires photo's of real people (models) as well as having the rights to distribute such a thing.

That said though, generally speaking body hair is much more realistic when it's 'fibre mesh' and not 'painted-on' so to speak. ------- Zev0 is releasing a fantastic product called 'ManFuzz' which will revolutionize that area anyway. Personally, and I'm not sure how many would agree, I prefer textures without the body hair any way. It's much more playable for all ages and genders I think, and with genesis a model of many appearances it seems more appropriate.

Any way, that's food for thought %-P
    I'll definitely look forward to it! And don't worry too much on body hair. I, for one, am rather partial to smooth, clean man skin myself. ;)

That came out SOO wrong! :lol:

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,210
    edited December 1969

here's my David 5 - 50% David, 50% M5, 0.1% Child

david5.jpg
    618 x 800 - 220K
    edited August 2012

TimG said:
    here's my David 5 - 50% David, 50% M5, 0.1% Child

He's fantastic Tim! Love his look, his body shape is spot on for D5! What was your formula if you dont mind me asking :) ... Great textures too!

Edit, I see it lol nm :red:

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited August 2012

I'll definitely look forward to it! And don't worry too much on body hair. I, for one, am rather partial to smooth, clean man skin myself. ;)

That came out SOO wrong! :lol:

HAHA! lol that almost belongs in the funny threads

edited August 2012

Say, now that I innuendo it, David 3, like Michael 3, came with his own "goodies" or "toast" as most of us here like to call it. Since Stephanie has her own geo-graphed part, David would have to come with his own as well.

But anyway, now it's time for ME to contribute:

DAVID 5
    -------------------------
    BenjaminBody: 100%
    David 3: 0.50
    ManlyMen01: 25%
    Michael 5: 0.50
    Basic Child: 0.10
    Fitness Details: 0.25
    Thin: 0.10
    ManlyMenHead01: 25%
    Head Propagating Scale: -1%
    Hitomi Lower Face Smaller: 0.25
    Pectorals Developed: 0.25
    Pectorals Volume: 0.25
    Torso Length: 0.20
    Waist Width: -0.25
    Navel: 1.00
    Biceps: 0.20
    Forearm Volume: 0.10
    Genital Bulge: 100%
    Hip Volume: -0.20
    Shins Volume: -0.20
    Thighs Volume: -0.10

Products: David 3 for Genesis, Michael 5, Anime 3D Girl Hitomi, Evolutionary Morph Bundle, Zac Hair, Underwear for M5, Askan for M4-H4 (Renderocity)

David_5.png
    550 x 600 - 312K
    edited August 2012

Now, as for a little something regarding another blown off character from DAZ's roster. She may be a bit on the beefy side, but this beauty is in NO WAY something I'd call a "freak"! ;)

SHE-FREAK 5
    Stephanie 5 Model Body: 0.50
    Victoria 4: 0.50
    Victoria 5: 0.50
    Victoria 5 Supermodel: 0.50
    Face Round: -0.25
    Face Young: 0.25
    Freak 4 Head: -0.10
    Shins Volume: -0.20
    Thighs Volume: -0.25
    Freak 4: 0.20
    Fitness: 0.25
    Fitness Details: 1.00
    Breast Small: 0.50
    Torso Length: 0.25

Products: Stephanie 5, Victoria 5, V4 & M4 for Genesis, Gen 4 Iconic Shapes, Gabi for V5, Lycan Hunter, Pure Hair Crazy, Aikanaro

She-Freak_5.jpg
    550 x 600 - 210K
    edited December 1969

Wow RC! Nice work... Love em both. It's a nice combination of parameters you got going... I do like that you steered clear of a M5 look alike :) And I also went in to a big spill with a few others in another thread on the topic of the nameing conjunction with 'She-Freak'. Freak seems a bit derogatory. I think SF and F should have their own actual names like the rest of the millenium family :cheese: She is beautiful RC, It's great to see your work, well done!

edited August 2012

Thanks! :-) Trust me, It honestly feels good to actually feel like I'm actually making real creative contributions instead of going around other topics stating the obvious or complaining about unsupported characters. :lol:

And yes! I agree! Freak, She-Freak, Girl and Guy should get thier own dignified names! I was thinking something like Frank & Fiona or Gina & Gavin? How's that? :)

EDIT: Post 310! That was my old post count right before the site switch! Not much, but hey, at least I'm on of the few that can say I'm fully restored here! :-)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2012

I've actually been working on a similar character, but I'm not happy with him yet.

I'd really like to see your progress on this... You should post him here as your entry for YT Luke5 :) Your David5 is awesome... Probably close to what daz would actually create! :D
    Here you go: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/86903/ (not posting them here because they aren't intended to be Luke or Laura or other iconic characters).

I love the two new Davids! :-) We seem to be forming somewhat of a consensus on what a new David should look like. The little bit of Basic Child is a nice touch. And you did a great job on the She-Freak/Fiona/Heroic Female, RC! Lovely render...

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited August 2012

Watching too.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

I've actually been working on a similar character, but I'm not happy with him yet.

I'd really like to see your progress on this... You should post him here as your entry for YT Luke5 :) Your David5 is awesome... Probably close to what daz would actually create! :D

Here you go: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/86903/ (not posting them here because they aren't intended to be Luke or Laura or other iconic characters).

I love the two new Davids! :-) We seem to be forming somewhat of a consensus on what a new David should look like. The little bit of Basic Child is a nice touch. And you did a great job on the She-Freak/Fiona/Heroic Female, RC! Lovely render...

You know, they tottally belong here! lol

edited September 2012

My little guys got a big brother! This character was designed to be the older sibling of my YT Boy.

My entry for D5

Body Formula

Scale 96.3%

Adams Apple 0.38
    Sterno Mastoid L/R 0.12
    Trapesius 0.30
    Neck Length -0.15
    Neck Size 0.20
    Head Propagating Scale 2.5%
    Feet Width 0.40
    Feet Thick 0.25
    Foot Length L/R 50%
    Aponeurosis External Oblique 0.25
    Glueus Maximus 0.15
    “ ” Medius 0.35
    Glue Crease L/R 0.12
    Lliac Line 0.50
    Sacral Dimples 0.35
    Adductors 0.035
    Biceps Femoris Short Head 0.35
    Gastronemius Lateral 0.25
    “ “ Medial 0.25
    Hamstrings 0.029
    Peroneus Brevis 0.029
    “ “ Longus 0.25
    Rectus Femoris 0.12
    Sartorius 0.10
    Semitendinosus 0.25
    Soleus 0.20
    Vastus Lateralis 0.15
    “ “ Medialis 0.20
    Knee bones volume 0.10
    Thighs Tone 0.10

Benjamin Body 29.2%
    ManlyMen04 35.4%
    ManlyMen05 6.2%
    Michael 5 0.55
    Michael 5 Smooth 0.27

Anconeus 0.60
    Biceps 0.31
    Brachialis 0.30
    Brachioradialis 0.46
    Deltoits 0.071
    Extensor Capri Radialis Brevis 0.25
    “ “ Ulnaris 0.20
    Extensor Pollicies Brevis 0.20
    “ “ Longus 0.20
    Flexor Radialis 0.15
    Triceps Lateral Head 0.065
    Triceps Long Head 0.15
    Triceps Medial Head 0.15

Forarms Volume 0.30
    Shoulder Width 0.20
    Upper Arms Volume 0.45
    L/R Hand P. Scale 3.3%
    Erector Sponae Lateral 0.28
    Infraspinatus 0.20
    Linea Alba Depth 0.20
    Navel 1.00
    Navel Horizontal 0.45
    Nipples 0.55
    Scapula Depth 0.45
    Stomach Lower Depth 0.10

Requires: Michael 5, Benjamin M5, Manly Men M5 and Genesis Evolution Morphs

Please Note: This character is one of my personally prized creations from which I have continued to upgrade and improve over the long term. I have entered the formula here purely for inspiration and tutorial learning purposes. This is not to be re-posted.

CayEntry2-MarcusfinnigonC.jpg
    1741 x 1893 - 586K
    CayEntry_Port.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 242K
    CayEntry_FullC.jpg
    397 x 978 - 131K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Nicely built, handsome. I notice most of your characters seems to have an Islander or Asian influence around the eyes and nose.

edited September 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Nicely built, handsome. I notice most of your characters seems to have an Islander or Asian influence around the eyes and nose.

Thanks lol. Well he's my lil guys bro, so he had to keep to the family genetics :) I like to make characters that are unique by culture not just appearance and It's fun to study the wonderfull features of different races and racial mixes! Then create them lol

Added: The Luke, David and Laura (Islander/Natives) Are from one of my larger long term projects, they arent actually human in 'that project' itself and are required to be of a tropical and native culture :)

edited December 1969

Actually, this one here looks more like an older version of the Luke you posted. But like you said, you wanted to keep the family genetic.

edited December 1969

Not pass as David? I can take him down lol

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited September 2012

In case you're starting to wonder after 10 hours of silence...don't take him down! ;-)

He may not be exactly how I'd envision David (obviously...I've already posted my version) but he definitely passes muster as far as I'm concerned. :) Very nice character and a good addition to your family.

Your comments make me wonder, though...exactly how are the members of the "Millennium Family" supposed to be related? Is there an official family tree? I suppose it's meant to be up to each individual's interpretation. 'Course then you have some people thinking that David and Steph are meant to be siblings, and other people thinking of them as a couple! :ohh:

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

First off thankyou, I was begining to wonder If I over spent my time in this thread ;-P

LOL well there can be lots of speculation on that!!

I reckon... Michael and Vicki get married have a son David... David meets this hot as blond named Stephanie, the two start dating and David's lil bro Luke has a half sister named Laura, she lives with her dad Freak, Freak divorced a few times, had a rocky life in terms of relation ships but he found his match, her name was Girl. Hiro and sister Aiko are Girls Nephew and Neice, their mom is She-Freak (Freaks sister). Every year they all gather at xmas and celebrate over a delicious meal and drinks. The end. lol!

edited December 1969

But on a serious note, yeah I wonder too... They did call them a 'family' And it remains unclear if they are siblings or couples your right.

edited September 2012

NO! DON'T! O_O

I just said that to me it just looked more like your like your Luke than anything else. Not at all that it was bad or anything, I just think you may have limited the variety a bit by trying to keep a family genetic pattern. Though if you want a suggestion, maybe you can try slimming his figure down a bit. Maybe a little in the face and the waist. Then again, I don't see much difference between my David and D3 really. :lol: Actually, now that i think about it, your David reminds me of an eastern M2 with a rounder face. I LOVE IT! If anything, instead of taking it down, I'd slap DAZ square in the face with that as an idea for M6! ;)

But yes, technically according to DAZ's past character descriptions, Victoria & Michael are a couple, Stephanie is Victoria's younger sister where David is Michael's younger brother. The Millennium Kids are always depicted as Victoria and Michael's children. But that's usually as far as the actual "Family" element goes. Gen 4 stated that Aiko and Victoria were always close, so the same can safely be assumed with Michael and Hiro. Freak was always more of his own guy who just rode along with Vickey, Mike, Steph and Dave. Girl was merely a contribution from Kim Goosens.

So yeah, it seems like the Millennium "Family" mostly applies to the Real World figures and the the others are most likely the Stylized distant cousins. Personally, for some reason I always like to make Aiko & Hiro twins and have Freak be Girl's REALLY big brother. There are other philosophical concepts I attribute to each couple. I LOVE duality, and it was this Female & Male complimentary structure is what appealed to me and really got me into DAZ in the first place. :)

edited December 1969

Lol Its all good rc, I just read your comment in two different ways haha! So I thought I'd suss out what which angle you were actually coming from :p the dav I posted was one of the recents I was upgrading with m5 and a character I've held onto since the d3 days that was one of the reasons I posted him simply cos he was right there on my screen. I am workin on something but all I'll say right now is the character is of a different culture, it's taking a while cos I'm making a totally new character and I'm very picky in my creating lol.

edited December 1969

Lol Its all good rc, I just read your comment in two different ways haha! So I thought I'd suss out what which angle you were actually coming from :p the dav I posted was one of the recents I was upgrading with m5 and a character I've held onto since the d3 days that was one of the reasons I posted him simply cos he was right there on my screen. I am workin on something but all I'll say right now is the character is of a different culture, it's taking a while cos I'm making a totally new character and I'm very picky in my creating lol.

No problem. Such is the professional tastes and diligence of the Cardinal Earth Goat... ;)
    edited December 1969

I thourght you would have created a hiro/aiko by now, you seemd to really want to see em ;-P

edited September 2012

I thourght you would have created a hiro/aiko by now, you seemd to really want to see em ;-P

Trust me, we've already had more than our share of Aiko & Hiro regarding these types of threads. Did you see the two heated contests we had before the site transition? This very thread is the direct spin-off of them. ;)

But you do bring up a good point. Perhaps I should update my A5 & H5 with the ideas I have now.

edited September 2012

You seem to really like those characters, It would be a shame not to post them :) Becides, we still gotta influence Daz to release them in Gen 5 too... Though one step at a time, Dav5 needs to come out! And I'm thinking Luke&Laura; may have a chance on account of the hints Thorne gave us not to mention the long wait daz is putting us through for her product.

edited September 2012

Aiko Realistic
    The realistic version of Aiko!

Head Formula
    -------------------------------
    Die Tryings 182 V4 morphs for genesis
    Eyebrows arc -0.15
    Eyebrows Outer Up 0.15
    Cheek Bones 1 -0.52
    Face Thin 0.11
    Face Young 0.10
    Eye Lashes Length 0.46
    Eyes Angle -0.28
    Lips Thin 0.30
    Asian Female A 0.45

Body Formula

Scale 93.6%
    Basic Female 0.30
    Reby Sky 0.20
    Victoria 5 0.45
    Body Tone 0.28

Knee Bones Volume 0.40
    Forearms Volume 0.21
    Upper Arms Volume 0.21
    Breasts Cleavage 0.10
    V5 Breasts Downward Slope 0.16
    Navel 1.00
    Nipples 1.00

Requires: Victoria 5, Genesis Evolution Morphs, Reby Sky Gn, Die Tryings 182 V4 morphs for genesis (ShareCG Freebie, posted by SickleYield) and Ethnicity for Genesis:Asian

LingFullC2-Marcusfinnigon.jpg
    620 x 1378 - 236K
    LingPort2-Marcusfinnigon.jpg
    1322 x 1464 - 649K
    edited September 2012

Actually, like I said much earlier, there are actually products featuring H5 in the store. I already explained that I found this out when I saw a product featuring what I took as a H4 with a less feminine looking Hitomi skin. Turns out the vendor told me the anime male and skin in question is actually a DAZ Original character that has yet to be released. After a glorious freak-out of celebration I calmed myself and inquired her if she knew anything regarding Aiko? She said she didn't and that she couldn't say anymore on the subject. As you can see by the way I'm wording this story, I too now cannot say much detail on the matter. ;)

But anywho! I figured "what the hell" and recreated the Aiko & Hiro I made for the competitions. mind you these are actually improved remasters of the originals, so those who may remember my original entries from them will definately notice well-beyond significant differences. :)

AIKO 5
    Scale: 94%
    Stephanie 5: 0.50
    Stephanie 5 Model Body: 0.25
    Aiko 4: 0.50
    Hitomi: 0.25
    Cheeks Sink: 0.25
    Chin Width: -0.50
    Jaw Curve: 0.50
    Stephanie 5 Curvy Head: 0.25
    Stephanie 5 Head: -0.25
    Stephanie 5 Model Head: 0.25
    Hip Volume: -0.50
    Shins Volume -0.25
    Hitomi Breasts Round: 0.25

PRODUCTS USED: Stephanie 5, Hitomi Bundle, Gen 4 Iconic Shapes, GSuit for Genesis (Top), Sleepless Nights

HIRO 5
    Hitomi: 0.25
    Eyelashes Length: -1.00
    Chin Width: -0.25
    Face Round: -0.50
    Face Square: 0.25
    Jaw Curve: -0.25
    Genital Bulge 2: 100.0%
    Hip Volume: -0.25
    Shins Volume -0.25
    BenjaminBody: 100.0%

PRODUCTS USED: Michael 5, Gen 4 Iconic Shapes, 3D Anime Girl Hitomi, Benjamin, Pyrite Hair, GSuit for Genesis

NOTE: Please click to full view high quality.

Hiro_5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 166K
    Aiko_5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 127K
    edited September 2012

You are the king of Aiko and Hiro! Well done!!!! :cheese: I see you've implimented some new products into your work... lol I spend may to much here in the name of new morphs! ;-P

edited September 2012

After finally beginning to use some efficient lighting, I decided to redo my David 5!

DAVID 5 (Revised)
    Scale: 95.0%
    Lips Thin: 0.50
    Nose Width: -0.25
    Nose Pinch: 0.25
    Face Young: 0.25
    Jaw Angle: 0.50
    ManlyMenHead02: 25.0%
    Michael 5 Head: -0.25
    Genital Bulge 2: 100.0%
    Hip Volume: -0.25
    Shins Volume: -0.30
    Thighs Volume: -0.50
    BenjaminBody 100.0%
    David 3: 0.50
    Michael 5: 0.50
    Basic child: 0.10
    Fitness Details: 0.25
    Upper Arms Volume: -0.10
    Pectorals Volume: 0.50
    Chest Width: -0.25
    Torso Length: 0.25
    Waist Width: -0.15
    Love Handles: -0.25
    Nipples: 1.00

PRODUCTS USED: Michael 5 Pro Suite (Michael 5, Manly Men, Genesis Evolutionary Morphs, Easy Going Poses for M5, Zac Hair, Underwear for M5), David 3 for Genesis, Askan for M4/H4 (Renderocity), Gabi for V5!.

NOTE: Please full view for maximum image quality.

David_5.jpg
    594 x 696 - 181K