Real Fur

H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone has Real Fur for the Millennium Big Cat, and whether it is worth buying. $18 is a lot to spend on something that may not be leaps and bounds (not a big cat pun, honest) beyond the standard fur that comes with the Millennium Big Cat.

I was hoping that it would turn up in the PA sale, but that's looking more unlikely as the days pass. Still, I won't be buying it until the PA sale ends, just in case.

Anyone able to give some feedback on it, please?

Thanks muchly :-)

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

I don't have it but did you notice it's for Carra,not DS.Me I'm waiting for Alessandro's LAMH product which will allow us to put hair on pretty much whatever you want .........

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone has Real Fur for the Millennium Big Cat, and whether it is worth buying. $18 is a lot to spend on something that may not be leaps and bounds (not a big cat pun, honest) beyond the standard fur that comes with the Millennium Big Cat.

I was hoping that it would turn up in the PA sale, but that's looking more unlikely as the days pass. Still, I won't be buying it until the PA sale ends, just in case.

Anyone able to give some feedback on it, please?

Thanks muchly :-)

Despite what Carrie said, it IS compatible with DS and Poser. From the promo renders, I'd say it's worth the price. However, for a few bucks cheaper, I'd get this instead. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lions-by-am

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

It does state that it requires Carrara 8 Pro, but in Compatible 3D Software it lists Daz Studio, Poser, Carrara. So I'm assuming that means it can be used in Daz, and that if you're going to use it in Carrara you need at least Carrara 8 Pro

edited December 1969

Thanks Knight22179, but I'd rather get the Real Fur as it has fur for various Big Cats.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Your welcome and ok. ;)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The compatible software list is incorrect, it only works in Carrara. I've flagged it for DAZ 3D to correct.

edited December 1969

The compatible software list is incorrect, it only works in Carrara. I've flagged it for DAZ 3D to correct.

Really? Oh bugger! >:-(

Lucky I decided to ask before buying it then. Thanks, fixmypcmike! :-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

And it's old enough that it ought to work in earlier versions of the program, unless it's been given an update that makes that impossible.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,737
    edited December 1969

Really? Oh bugger! >:-(

Lucky I decided to ask before buying it then. Thanks, fixmypcmike! :-)

Well in case you don't know you can return anything you buy within 30 days and get your money back, or a store credit, so ther'e no harm done trying out things you're not sure about.