Alien Fighter Ships

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Im in need a real "alien looking" fighter ship. Something along the lines of the alien ships from Independence Day would be awesome!

Any ideas?

-MJ

ID4_Alien_Fighter.jpg
376 x 310 - 132K

Comments

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Nobody with any other ideas for an alien space fighter?

-MJ

edited December 1969

Does anyone have this one: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/alien-space-fighter/85966
    If so, can someone please show me the mat-zones for this ship AND tell me if all the canons can be made invisible?

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    Does anyone have this one: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/alien-space-fighter/85966
    If so, can someone please show me the mat-zones for this ship AND tell me if all the canons can be made invisible?

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

Interestingly this was the one that came to mind when I read, and though I have considered purchasing it I do not have it. I would suggest emailing the vendor on Rendo and asking if the weapons can be hidden. I have had many vendors answer questions ahead of time.

The only other thought I had was maybe building one with parts from the various construction sets Davo offers at Poser Fusion. Though getting a good alien feel with these can be tricky, and the threads I would point you to for ideas are in the old forum and the images sadly unviewable now.

edited December 1969

KageRyu said:
    MJ007 said:

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

Interestingly this was the one that came to mind when I read, and though I have considered purchasing it I do not have it. I would suggest emailing the vendor on Rendo and asking if the weapons can be hidden. I have had many vendors answer questions ahead of time.

The only other thought I had was maybe building one with parts from the various construction sets Davo offers at Poser Fusion. Though getting a good alien feel with these can be tricky, and the threads I would point you to for ideas are in the old forum and the images sadly unviewable now.
    I did in fact contact Simon3D, however i was trying to get a quicker response as it was on sale for the last day yesterday. Simon3D did actually respond so im considering it.

I cant get to PowerFusion3D.com right now, but I dont recall anything real "alien looking" but i will check them later on this evening.

I did however stumble over another possible candidate i think i might like even more:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=74903

It looks kinda "toony" though, but im wondering if i can change that by making it darker or something, maybe adding a bump map or something to make it a lil more menacing looking.

-MJ

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Don't know about the above ship...
    but I have used two others.

Untitled.jpg
    1132 x 618 - 182K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jmper said:
    All these would look great with some different Shaders applied to the Mat Zones. I would use some of the Supersuit Shaders. Like Fibermesh for example.

And If the model has a Mat zone for just the guns turning the Opacity to 0% in surfaces will make the guns go away.
    edited December 1969

jmper said:

Whoa!!! Where are those guys from?!?!?!

-MJ

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

All these would look great with some different Shaders applied to the Mat Zones. I would use some of the Supersuit Shaders. Like Fibermesh for example.

And If the model has a Mat zone for just the guns turning the Opacity to 0% in surfaces will make the guns go away.
    Yeah, thats my thinking as well, thats why im not too worried about the texture of the ships persay, but moreso the "design". It has to scream "alien" looking for my needs.

-MJ

edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    jmper said:

Whoa!!! Where are those guys from?!?!?!

-MJ

The one on the right was by winnston1984 called phaeton star ship...which i can not find anymore. hmm. Used my own shaders to make it more "alien"
    One of the left was called Warchief that I got from Turbosquid for free. I applied my own shaders since it was an .obj that I imported. Can't seem to find it at Turbosquid anymore either.

Well crap, this stuff wasn't that old. Maybe 3 years? Can't believe I can not find them in either store.

edited December 1969

This was the phaeton ship with normal textures (found image on google)

26164c5097cf4f0ee04d38c8793eca45.jpg
    622 x 622 - 87K
    edited December 1969

i'm sure you could contact winnston1984 at renderosity if you were interested. he still makes stuff.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Rendorosity has a real draconian policy about taking stuff down. Phaeton is no longer for sale. Let us know if Winnston replies if you decide to contact him.

edited December 1969

Just a FYI,

I looked at the file modified date on the .cr2, holy crap, I THOUGHT it was 3 years old....nope 2005, 7 years and still looks better that most the ships out there.

edited December 1969

Although I do think the ship looks incredible, and definitely sci-fi, it doesnt really look "alien" enough for me; so i wont be contacting Winnston1984 for the Phaeton Starship in particular.

-MJ