Vertex Model Transparency?

Following one of the 'make clothing' tutorials.

I have a base Victoria 4 figure, with a dress started. In the Assembly Room I can change the transparency of the dress, however, when I click on "Edit Vertex Object" it goes opaque.

Is there a (simple) way to alter the transparency while in edit vertex mode?

Search Forums has not been sucessful, neither has some Google searches. i.e. too many wrong results.

Thanks

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

Select which polygons you'd like invisible and go 

View > Hide Selected

Then

View > Reveal Hidden

brings them back ;)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

You can also change the view to wireframe,. but there isn't a transparent mode

what you do have is "soft selection",. which selects an area of the surrounding mesh, wherever you select part of your mesh ,. and moves all of that with a variable strength falloff. which allows you to move the mesh in a more organic way,. ..you can move the mesh until you see the underlying model penetrating,. then pull it back a little.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224
    edited April 2016

Basically what's happening is that, when we click into Edit-mode for vertex objects, we change the entire Assemble room interface into the Model room interface, until we click "Done Editing".

However, I've found it to be still really fast to go into edit mode, back out again, change some things, go back into edit mode, back out again.... etc.,

I still find it to be especially beneficial to be able to enter model mode  in the Assemble room.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • edited April 2016

Aware of selecting to make visible/invisible and often name parts for visible/invisible.

Was hoping there was a transparent mode or slider while modelling.

So I'll just have to switch between view modes - transparency in Assembly and opaque while I edit the Vertex Object.

Thanks.

Post edited by john.spirko_731476f137 on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    You could use a temporary shader with an alpha channel, adjusted to the desired level of transparency. I've done that before and it works fine.