Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tee hee is this a kobold?

kob.jpg
    273 x 185 - 20K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Goodness what a pair of bulgy eyes :) Phew doin it tough today argh everything I do seems to upset someone, feels more like war and less like work.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Someone said there is a program that they use for ram management. Firefox keeps freezing on me. I have nine gigs of ram. Right now I cannot get more ram so I need another option so my ram is used efficiently. I know I can search for something online but I am afraid of getting something that will mess up my computer.

I have seen ads of a company that supposed to speed up computers but I do not trust them. I want to find something that works and is trustworthy. Anyone with money can pay for ads on tv and that does not mean they are trust worthy.

Outertech's Cacheman.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Cacheman is good :)

edited December 1969

Complaint: I have not slept at all tonight; I have had some "lie in the dark" time, though. I have a meeting in four hours with my employment office caseworker.

These two facts are not unrelated.

Whenever I need to deal with people in bureaucratic offices, no matter how nice people (the said person is quite nice), I get tense and agitated.

Meh. :down:

edited December 1969

Render Drop!

First off "I DID IT!"

Secondly, maybe they thieved the rabbits... Who knows...

(ps, I will do a thief render... just havin a break since I did this one.)

SPYRO-JungleHomecoming.jpg
    1080 x 830 - 726K
    edited September 2012

Skiriki said:
    Complaint: I have not slept at all tonight; I have had some "lie in the dark" time, though. I have a meeting in four hours with my employment office caseworker.

These two facts are not unrelated.

Whenever I need to deal with people in bureaucratic offices, no matter how nice people (the said person is quite nice), I get tense and agitated.

Meh. :down:

Yup, I am similar. Only I get super worked up, feel nauseous and get really nervous!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

So far enjoying it. I still have pessimistic thoughts though. I am still keep thinking that I am terrible at everything or something equally negative. those thoughts are not very helpful. I am trying to think positive but sometimes it is hard.

Try that famous Mantra. Say it to yourself 3 times every morning "Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better"

Silva? I came across alpha and mind control via Jess Stern many, many moons ago. It does work and I need to get back to it.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

You people are really gabby! I didn't look at this thread for a couple of days and had to start with page 17 tonight. Finally caught up, but see that I've missed a lot of good talk. That'll learn me, durn me.

edited December 1969

Complaint! I can haz broken the jaw of my awesomesauce morph. (Called in the cavalry to help with lower jaw that wants to go its own way. Fortunately I DO have my slider-scene saved, so no work has been lost! I can redo 'im any time I want to.)

edited September 2012

You made a broken jaw morph? Or something went wrong with your morph that broke the jaw? I'm confuzzled

Also, Do you like my *very first* big scene?

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    You people are really gabby! I didn't look at this thread for a couple of days and had to start with page 17 tonight. Finally caught up, but see that I've missed a lot of good talk. That'll learn me, durn me.

You do need to check in more often Anne, we missed you lol

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited September 2012

...urgh. the NFL really sucks with these "stand in" officials, some of whom are from the high school ranks.

The final quarter of tonight's game was a total train wreck.

Three completely and blatantly blown calls that essentially gave the game away, one of which nullified a Green Bay interception that would have sealed the victory and the other which was clearly pass interference on the Seattle offence that instead was called against Green Bay thus keeping Seattle's drive alive..

At the end of the game, Seattle's QB put up a "Hail Mary" that was actually was pulled down by the Green Bay defender after the Seattle receiver pushed off (which is supposed to be an offensive penalty). The end result: Seattle as given the reception and the win.

This is absolute garbage and capped off a lousy day at the day job in a bad way.

The Bushido Cowgirl is very displeased.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    You made a broken jaw morph? Or something went wrong with your morph that broke the jaw? I'm confuzzled

See the attached image.

Oh yes! It rocks! I'm glad that despite all the hassle, you got it done!

Mouth_06.png
    701 x 562 - 142K
    edited December 1969

Oh dear... The skin and muscle doesn't want to move with the jaw. Apart from the jaw problem, he is looking absolutely FANTASTIC!

I just made the draw back morph for my bow prop! Just altering what will be the default textures... Unfortunately, I haven't worked with the jaw of genesis yet.

Regarding your comment: Thanks very much, I just couldn't let the failures get to me so I struggled on! lol Just not as Hi-res and large as I wanted, But hey, you win some, you loose some.

edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    Render Drop!

First off "I DID IT!"

Secondly, maybe they thieved the rabbits... Who knows...

(ps, I will do a thief render... just havin a break since I did this one.)

way to go yay necktop rules :)

likes.png
    100 x 100 - 6K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...urgh. the NFL really sucks with these "stand in" officials, some of whom are from the high school ranks.

The final quarter of tonight's game was a total train wreck.

Three completely and blatantly blown calls that essentially gave the game away, one of which nullified a Green Bay interception that would have sealed the victory and the other which was clearly pass interference on the Seattle offence that instead was called against Green Bay thus keeping Seattle's drive alive..

At the end of the game, Seattle's QB put up a "Hail Mary" that was actually was pulled down by the Green Bay defender after the Seattle receiver pushed off (which is supposed to be an offensive penalty). The end result: Seattle as given the reception and the win.

This is absolute garbage and capped off a lousy day at the day job in a bad way.

The Bushido Cowgirl is very displeased.

Football grand final here is a just down the road a bit from my place this weekend *sigh*

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

See the attached image.

Oh yes! It rocks! I'm glad that despite all the hassle, you got it done!

oh noes needz dentist ? :)

edited December 1969

Just noticed was home before 5 today, must be very fortunate to have dream job at last. Not.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Many TZ's make for nonstop gabfest sometimes :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Just noticed was home before 5 today, must be very fortunate to have dream job at last. Not.

Well 5 is a good hour... But not your dream job huh? (They are hard to find... Sometimes its even hard to know what ones own dream job actually is)

Wondering how to export a prop, with its morphs and textures so that other people can install and use them???

edited December 1969

Tough day, but remembered I wished I had a job like Ms Wolf's that got me home before 5. Heh gotta be careful what you wish for ;)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

Well 5 is a good hour... But not your dream job huh? (They are hard to find... Sometimes its even hard to know what ones own dream job actually is)

Wondering how to export a prop, with its morphs and textures so that other people can install and use them???

Save As -> Support Assets -> DSF Figure or Prop File (I use DS4)

edited December 1969

Ah yes... That's what I did, and it saves the DSF file nicely, But how does that work for say... putting it on for instance Share CG as a freebie... Is there something else I'm supposed to do, It's so hard to know, cos I know I've got everything it needs on my computer, And I cant seem to see any runtime files other than the DSF and it's little Icon. It hasn't made a geometries, textures or morphs folder or anything else which is usually what is in a zip file from downloads.

edited September 2012

You need a script to export a poser .pp2 file then, the pp2 format is supported by Studio and Poser but the .dsf is only supported by Studio. pp2 files encapsulate an object's geometry data. Materials won't work the same in Poser as Studio, no exceptions no workarounds.

You could export a .CR2 file, so you haz options. Also, a prop file will go in the props folder, the directory hierarchy is where it goes, not what it is :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Those are in Data, and where did you put the textures? That's where they are at the moment (so if they are outside of runtime, no wonder you're not seeing 'em).

edited December 1969

pp2 Okay I'll give that a go... when you say, poser materials wont work the same, your not talking about the UVW mapping are you? I spent hours geting that perfected... I'd hate to have to re-do it (UVW mapping sucked the first time LOL)

Skiriki... Do I need to do anything with those files so that another could install the file on a different PC? Also... Should I manually make a Texture folder in the runtime and re-save the prop (So that the files know where to find the textures?

edited December 1969

UV's are relative to geometry. Softwares read the UV"s along with the geometry so you won't have any problems there. Material channels and settings differ between Studio and Poser, there are no workarounds but you say "not tested in Poser" and everyone will know to make their own arrangements. Strictly speaking paths should be specified in a .pp2 or .cr2 file with the Runtime: declaration, so making your own runtime is recommended so long as the pathnames aren't specific to your computer. Otherwise just supply the prop and a texture and ask ppl to make their own arrangements. PS Jack Tomalin's utilities for making distributed files are 1/2 price today, but you ought to learn to roll your own anyway :)

edited December 1969

Thanks very much, that's really helpful :) I love freebies, and hope to make myself a bunch of em to spread around lol But also, by making them capable of installation on other PC's is the best way to finish off a prop for archiving, specially when you upgrade computers. That's cool about the sale, I'll check it out!

edited December 1969

LOL this will sound very stupid... But since I've never done this before... You set the base path to: DAZ3d>STUDIO>MY LIBRARY>RUNTIME. Where should the CR2 path be going? (I feel so stupid :P ) LOL, I can make morphs, UVW Map, Create props, make materials, But I know noting of exporting. :-S

This discussion has been closed.