Help with chrome; browser

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in The Commons

I recently screwed up and updated Zonealarm, after which I spent the day fixing it. It seems the new version of ZA is every bit as bad as what it is supposed to be protecting you from. When I installed it I opted out of the tool bar and home page, ZA installed the tools bars and hijacked my home page anyway. Every time I tried to rest my home page the next time I started my browser there was ZA again. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled the 2 year old version; no excess BS in it.

So I reset my home page in Firefox with no problem, the tool bars are gone, and ZA isn't try to block sites from my browser. But I can't get my home page back on chroma, I just can't find my preferences in it to fix it so I was hoping some one could tell me where chroma hides it's preferences?

Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited September 2012

For Chrome (version 21 on Mac OS X in my case) use the wrench icon top right on the main window to get to the "Settings" tab. In the tab I click "Settings" on the left hand side menu.

Now it depends on whether you want your start-up page modified ("On Startup" section -> "Open a specific page or set of pages" -> "Set pages") or the home page via the "house" icon ("Appearance" section -> "Show home button" -> "Change").

Edit: see also here:

Home page ("House" icon"): http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95314
    Startup-up pages: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95421

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, that got it.

It's aggravating that I seem to have to give up more and more apps. They seem to be getting as bad the problems they are supposed to fix. I had to give up adaware because it was trying to install it's own versions of malware/spyware. I use spybot and have for quite a while. It does it's job with out wanting to install tool bars and reset my home page.