Sir-1-Junior's World of MMA Renders

daviellisir1juniordaviellisir1junior Posts: 26
edited April 2016 in Art Studio

Welcome to my MMA Render thread!

Tell me what you think about my characters and feel free to ask any questions or give suggestions.

Name: ‘The Atom Queen’ Kyoto Masuzoe
Born: January 1977
Nationality: Japanese
Ethnicity: Asian
Hometown: Osaka, Japan
Fighting Style: Jiu Jitsu
Pro Record: 9-1-0-0
Personality: Normal
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 5’1
Average Weight: 113lbs

‘The Atom Queen’ Kyoto Masuzoe is a Japanese Jiu Jitsu athlete who first joined the GFE's Lightweight Division in 1997. Although small she dominated her competition with her powerful punches and almost inhuman like mobility and reflexes. With a loyal fan base made up mostly of males in tow; she quickly became a national sensation in Japan, becoming one of the few Atomweight fighters to really make a large impact for women in the professional MMA arena.

Name: Calantha 'Punch Girl' Maillet
Born: September 1973
Nationality: Canadian
Ethnicity: White
Hometown: Toronto, Canada
Fighting Style: Judo
Pro Record: 5-5-1-0
Personality: Serious
Height: 5’6
Average Weight: 141lbs

Calantha 'Punch Girl' Maillet is a Canadian athlete who entered C-Girl in 1994. She is one of several females known to have studied more advanced forms of Judo before MMA became quite popular. Before the start of her MMA career she practiced strictly with males since at the time there wasn't any major female promotion at the time. Known as one of the original C-GIRL fighters, she climbed the ranks until there closing in 1997. Even though she is quite the fighter in a ring match, she has yet to compete seriously in a cage.

Name: Emi ‘Easter’ Island
Born: November 1978
Hometown: Yokohama, Japan
Pro Record: 5-1-0-0
Average Weight: 102lbs

Emi 'Easter' Island is a small Japanese female fighter who signed up to GFE's Lightweight Division in 1999. Jiu Jitsu is her strongest style of fighting, though she has some boxing experience. Emi is known to be a slow yet heavy hitting precise puncher aiming to knock out her opponents with every strike. Even though quite versed at Jiu Jitsu, she is extremely well trained at leg locking her opponents. She kept up a good fighting streak in the beginning of her career until she was beat by Kyoto Masuzoe at GFE 25: Ragnarok in October 1999.

Name: Azalea 'Stunna' Robison
Born: September 1973
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Black
Hometown: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Fighting Style: Wrestling
Pro Record: 9-4-0-0
Personality: Sociable
Average Weight: 108lbs

Azalea 'Stunna' Robison is an American competitor from North Carolina. She is well trained in wrestling in which she played on a collegiate level until she graduated in 1995. In 1996 she moved to Las Vegas, Nevada after signing her first professional MMA contract with LVFF. Azalea is considered a LVFF trailblazer with a well-rounded skill set perfect for the MMA arena.

Name: 'Killer Incognito' Whitney Fredrick
Born: December 1975
Ethnicity: Indian
Hometown: Fresno, California
Fighting Style: Kung Fu
Pro Record: 7-5-0-0
Personality: Sociable
Height: 5’2
Average Weight: 112lbs

'Killer Incognito' Whitney Fredrick is an Indian American fighter from Fresno, California who competed in MMA professionally for the first time in early 1996. She is a 3 year California State University Graduate that received her Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training. Although small she is very efficient at Kung Fu in her weight class. She can be still seen training clients as a personal trainer.

Name: Tatsu 'Ryōba' Kasuga
Born: March 1975
Hometown: Kawasaki, Japan
Fighting Style: Clinch Wrestling
Pro Record: 7-3-0-0
Height: 5’6
Average Weight: 136lbs

Tatsu 'Ryōba' Kasuga is a Japanese athlete who came into the MMA scene sometime in September 1997. Tatsu is skilled at Wrestling and Muay Thai Clinching; a style she calls ‘Clinch Wrestling’. While competing in GFE she earned the nickname 'Ryōba' which means 'Double-edged' in Japanese because of her skill in using knee and elbow attack combinations to pummel her competition.

Post edited by daviellisir1junior on

Comments

• daviellisir1juniordaviellisir1junior Posts: 26
    edited April 2016

Name: 'Siren' Marinella Bastarache
    Born: August 1972
    Hometown: Toronto, Canada
    Fighting Style: Submission Wrestling
    Pro Record: 13-4-0-0
    Sexuality: Homosexual
    Height: 5’7
    Average Weight: 138lbs

'Siren' Marinella Bastarache is an early Canadian athlete who competed in C-Girl until its closing. She has a significant amount of experience in Submission Wrestling. Before there was a major female MMA promotion she only competed against other Wrestlers. After joining C-Girl she found out her skills transferred over quite well into MMA. In the Year of C-Girls closing she was quickly picked up by LVFF and gained the nickname 'Siren' for her skill at the Anaconda Vice hold.

Name: 'Aikidogeddon' Hunter Gwynn
    Born: February 1976
    Hometown: Washington, DC
    Fighting Style: Aikido
    Pro Record: 9-5-0-0
    Personality: Professional
    Height: 5’8
    Average Weight: 138lbs

'Aikidogeddon' Hunter Gwynn is an American Aikido competitor who launched her MMA career in 1995. She came from the world of national level Aikido competitions where the rules were much strict compared to the majority of MMA promotions. She was approached with a contract by LVFF scouts after they had seen her in action during a one off National Aikido competition held in Las Vegas. She earned the name 'Aikidogeddon' because of her tenacity to turn a losing fight into a win.

• These are very cool... looks like they're promoting their fights :)
     Allthough I think more... WWEish than MMAish, but I just stumbled upon MMA a short time ago, so I'm not that good a judge on that, I guess :D

Do you think you could render some of them in action?

PS: I wouldn't want to be the fighter with the nosering when the action really gets going *lol*

• Yeah, WWE is more of the posing style I went for since the UFC style of posing is a lot more monotone and serious. Each of the Athletes have diffrent personalities and backgrounds (which matter from a buisness management POV) so I tried to capture that within each main profile picture. Some are serious, some playful, haven't done any antagonizers or loners yet. I assure you they'll look the part when I do. If you want there bio to be added I can add that too; the models are also all scaled to the correct height in there profile. Since none of the story telling happens in MMA promotions like World Wrestling Promotions and the hardcore nature of MMA fighting making inbetween time for competing far off and few is the reason why very little personality comes out of the Athletes on the promotional front. At the end of the day I want them all to feel unique and diffrent since this one off render makes the character.

Sure, rendering them in action would be very fun! When I get bored of doing one-offs, I'll do so based on actual fights they had in there promotions.

These are portfolio/promotional pictures, when the fighting starts they would realistically dress much diffrent and the hair would be much diffrent.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

I really like the variety in cultural background you gave them, they are unique personalities and realistic in a way that they are not the perfect type. The poses look real and obviously from sombody taking posing seriously, I like that very much. Your light works fine in some cases but others could use a little work. eg the light on the tatooed girl with th nosechain is very good, while the light on asian girl in blu Gi is not so exiting. Hope that help you.

• I agree Linwell, the variety and uniqueness is great :)

I'd love to see their bios. Together with their poses they must be very entertaining :)

edited April 2016

I had issues using the table formatting to display on the forum correctly with the images. If you all have bio description suggestions let me, I have a ton of fighters without proper bio that I only have renders and stats for.

• nice... so is this from a fantasyleague or anything like that?

edited April 2016

Yes, Look up 'WMMA4' or 'World of Mixed Martial Arts 4'

Name: 'Big Beast' Demian Valdez
    Born: March 1979
    Nationality: Brazilian
    Ethnicity: Latin
    Hometown: Curitiba, Brazil
    Pro Record: N/A
    Height: 6’1
    Average Weight: 246lbs

"Big Beast" Demian Valdez is a stout Jiu Jitsu fighter from Brazil. A walking tank; Valdez combines power with good submission and ground control abilities. Even though his discipline and background is Jiu Jitsu, you do not want "Big Beast" to touch your chin at any cost.

Name: Saniya 'Heat Beast' Halliwell
    Born: October 1975
    Hometown: Greensboro, North Carolina
    Fighting Style: Freestyle Wrestling
    Pro Record: 7-4-0-0
    Height: 5’3
    Average Weight: 110lbs

Saniya 'Heat Beast' Halliwell is an American Freestyle Wrestling athlete who started competing in MMA in early 1996. Saniya has more comfortable in cage than a ring. She hasn't had much success under LVFF but has been a mainstay under the AWFC promotion. She's is nicknamed 'Heat Beast' by fans not just for her small and stocky size but for the ferocity she unleashes at her challengers with at the beginning of the match.

I need to practice with the bigger characters; I've been using BMI visualizers to get the right sizes. I'm actually having more fun making females right now; that doesn't mean I have a shortage of stuff for guys, it just isn't overkill like the stuff I have for females. Over 90% of the stuff I bought I know I haven't got to use yet.

edited April 2016

Name: 'The Brouhaha' Clariss Organ
    Born: March 1994
    Hometown: Edmonton, Canada
    Fighting Style: Kick Boxing
    Pro Record: 8-7-0-0
    Personality: Loose Cannon
    Height: 5’2
    Average Weight: 118lbs

'The Brouhaha' Clariss Organ is a High Level Kick Boxing athlete from Canada who achieved much of her success before C-Girl's closing in 1997. She roughly transferred over to AWFC’s Cage style matches and did quite well improving her standing skills. Considered one of the first female Kick Boxers from Canada to join MMA, she brings an uncontrollable flare into every fight which makes her kind of menacing. Clariss is mainly a pure striker with an excellent standing game. Even though she has a deplorable overall ground game, overtime she learned to make good use of knee strikes when she isn't traditionally standing.

edited May 2016

Name: Bert 'U-Boot' Underberg
    Born: April 1972
    Nationality: Dutch
    Hometown: Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Fighting Style: Muay Thai \ Wrestling
    Pro Record: 17-1-1-0
    Personality: Serious
    Height: 6’3
    Average Weight: 240lbs

Bert 'U-Boot' Underberg is a solid all-rounder who poses a danger both on his feet and on the ground. A very aggressive fighter, none of his fights have gone to decision as he looks to punish opponents with his fast feet and good ground submission grappling. His career loss came to submission and he's shown a tendency to lack options off of his back, but his real weakness is how many shots he takes. His chin has so far held up, but opponents will be looking to exploit his aggressive game plan in the future.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

The new render with the two guys works much better for Bert than the Character sheet, the facial features don't get lost and the sculpt of the muscles can be seen much better. Nice work on that last render!

• I defenitly agree, I have to re-render Bert again in 3Delight. I started using Normals which defenitly helped the skin surface in the 2nd render.