Mimic Lite

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Well, I finally figured out how to get it to work with Studio 4.0...but no luck with Carrara 8 Pro yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asjiLMyvtiI&feature=player_detailpage

Shawn.
God bless.

Comments

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

You need the Carrara Pro version to use with C8.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/plugins-utilities/mimic-pro-for-carrara

I have Mimic Pro for Daz Studio and have just spent many hours trying to get Lipsinc made with it into carrara but absolutely no luck.
    At least - you should be able to import the Mimic ( .pz2) file into Carrara via the character parameters tab import option BUT for me the resultshave been
    useless. Characters look like they have stretched mouths.

Unfortunately dont think there is a light version for Carrara - I 'm waiting to try and get it half price or lessas $100 is too much for me especially as i paid out for Daz version.
    50 % off a couple of months ago and wished I'd bought it then.

I have posted in the DAZ forum where you may pick up some info

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6255/#84632

I had it in the Carrara forum too but moderator removed it - If he hadnt you may have come across it

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited September 2012

no, mimic lite pz2's will indeed work in Carrara, ON NON-GENESIS FIGURES as they do in Poser.
    you need to add the sound
    I only bought pro and the Carrara plugin because they were on sale a couple of years ago, used lite before
    also a duf scene from Daz studio 4.5 will bring over lipsync for Genesis, do not try to do a Genesis pz2 lipsync though, not pretty.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • edited December 1969

For Studio 4.0 I just draps Mimic Lite's PZ2 onto Vicky 4, the gorilla, whatever...

That did not work for Carrara 8 Pro.

What is your method Wendy?

Because I really want to use V4 and add real hair to go with the lip sync.

Shawn.

God bless.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI All :)

The PZ2 files from Mimic (Lite or PRO) will work in Carrara.

Place the PZ2 files into a Runtime / Poses folder,. and then load them onto a selected figure, by double clicking the file in the browser.

You can also convert and save that Mimic animation as a Carrara NLA Clip, and save it to your browser.
    Note: As Wendy mentioned, this is only the Animation,. and doesn't save the sound file you used to generate the Lip sync.
    You can add the sound into Carrara, if you like,. or add it later into a Video editor.

Hope it helps :)

0oseven wrote :

Characters look like they have stretched mouths

This is a common issue, that's simply due to the fact that you've "Customised" the face of your figure to make it different from the Default M4 / V4 etc,... and not edited / adjusted any of the Phoneme / Viseme settings.

The default DMC (configuration) file for M4 or V4, is designed to produce a range of morphs for the default figures, (in Mimic pro, you can customise these and save your own DMC file for a specific figure)
    but is you ADD, morph values to the mouth, lips, eyes etc.. then those values will be added to the Mimic generated values, which can create a distorted face / mouth / eyes.

In Carrara, using Mimic pro for Carrara plug-in,. you create a set of Customised Phonemes / Visemes for your own figures, or you can Load an existing "DMC" file for a figure such as V4 / M4 etc...

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI All :)

0oseven wrote :

Characters look like they have stretched mouths

This is a common issue, that's simply due to the fact that you've "Customised" the face of your figure to make it different from the Default M4 / V4 etc,... and not edited / adjusted any of the Phoneme / Viseme settings.

Hi
    Thought you had solved this for me because I had been using Modified V4 Facial but retried with V4 straight from the box with same results.

Example http://youtu.be/Y4arXMS6E1s

File made in DS3 then bridged to mimic for DS and saved as Pz2.File then opened and played back in DS4.5 and Carrara 8.5.149

Used DS 3 because mimic will not open with DS4.5 even though pointed at mimic.exe file ( there is a button to open this option )

Anymore thoughts ??

edited December 1969

HI 0oseven :)

The PZ2 from DS3, or Mimic Pro (if you have that) should work directly in Carrara without the need for DS4 / 4.5

There have been some issues with Mimic in different Beta versions, as the developers integrate Genesis into Mimic for Carrara, but AFAIK V4 has worked,.. However,. I'd suggest downloading the latest 8.5 beta version, and trying those mimic files again.

:)

edited December 1969

As the current beta is about to expire I'll wait to see if there is another version being released then try again as you suggested.
    BTW I've just had word back from support that it is unlikely Mimic for DS will be updated to support Genesis at least not in the forseeable future.

• RealEye007RealEye007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is there a step by step tutorial or video for successfully exporting Genesis 2 or (Genesis) from Daz Studio - to use in Mimic 3 Lite? Attempted with video tutorial for exporting as Cr2/Obj files for import into Poser, but need for Mimic 3 Lite. Did have some success mapping the obj and cr2 files into Mimic 3 Lite, but after selecting character to do lypsync with preloaded audio wav files character only seems to stick out toung and move head a little. Please advise. :)

edited December 1969

HI

You don't Import Genesis into carrara, as you would with Poser.
    genesis should be loaded using the Carrara "Smart content" in the browser.

You may also need to load the DMC (Daz Mimic Configuration file) for the specific figure you're using.

Note: Mimics DMC files are designed to be used on the Base figure,...
    When you use that on a "Customised" face,.. then the default visemes may look distorted, since Mimic isn't capable of automatically adjusting the effects, to compensate for the custom face shape.

edited December 1969

Is there a step by step tutorial or video for successfully exporting Genesis 2 or (Genesis) from Daz Studio - to use in Mimic 3 Lite? Attempted with video tutorial for exporting as Cr2/Obj files for import into Poser, but need for Mimic 3 Lite. Did have some success mapping the obj and cr2 files into Mimic 3 Lite, but after selecting character to do lypsync with preloaded audio wav files character only seems to stick out toung and move head a little. Please advise. :)

You may just need to add the dmc - daz mimic content - files for genesis to the mimic folder ( which contains all other character dmc's)
    The file may be in your available downloads - try the daz content manager.

I looked on the forum for a download link but couldnt quickly find anything - I'm sure its available somewhere.
    So if you can get the genesis into mimic then select the genesis dmc it should give the correct morphs.

Since my original questions on this thread I bought the "Mimic for Carrara" so dont use Daz Poser Mimic now.

edited December 1969

From the product page :

This stand-alone software does not currently support lipsync with the Genesis figure.

so, No, Genesis is not supported in Mimic 3 lite.

Mimic for Carrara will handle any figure with facial / expressive morphs ....since it's built to work with figures you create in Carrara.