Inappropriately Floating Hair

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

(Please see pic.)

In the preview it sits correctly on the character's head, and in a 200x300 render. In the one shown, which was originally at 1000x1500, and in the 2000x3000 attempt, the hair hovers as shown.

The Eirene Hair by SAV probably isn't to blame, as I've been using it for some time with no trouble. I thought it might be a scaling issue, but Genesis and the hair are both at 92.2 according to their parameters.

Any ideas? This was rendered in DAZ Studio 4 Pro with Genesis, and the hair is a conforming .dsf hair (as mentioned, SAV Eirene).

Spooky.jpg
400 x 600 - 274K
Post edited by SickleYield on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you sure the viewport looked right? I've never seen a Parented item appear in the wrong place in the render. If it was correct I'm baffled.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

It looks absolutely correct in viewport. It looks correct in very tiny renders, too. I haven't figured the cutoff size yet (it's not a fast-rendering scene with all the lights that are in it.

I too have never seen this. :p

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That IS Weird. I'll need to watch for this. I render in those sizes very often, 2000 plus.

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

This may not help but I've noticed this happens sometimes if I start a render before all items in the scene have finished smoothing. If I let all the smoothing actions finish first then it renders correctly.

edited December 1969

Worth a try!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yes! That has happened to me with clothes, which suddenly leave characters streaking.

Almost always, about 99% of the time, it is that I'm doing a small render preview, and hurriedly click on mouse before things have stopped smoothing and conforming. This is, IMHO, a bug, and I have no idea what it takes to fix it; I know that if I select the item, go to parameters tab, and pick something to modify it (such as amount of resolution), do click-somewhere-click right back to where it was, it settles again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,880
    edited December 1969

Yes, I've (sometimes) had render artefacts if smoothing hasn't done. Not, however, predictably enough to make a bug report.

edited September 2012

That appears to have been the trouble. I waited to make sure the hair was fully smoothed out before rendering this time and it came out fine!

Thanks, all. :) Here's the final.

Post edited by SickleYield on