Product update Morning Star Wings when running IM

Every time I run IM to install a new product there is an update for Morning Star Wings (both M and F). I'm fairly certain they aren't being updated that frequently, so there must be some wires crossed somewhere.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,064
    edited May 14

IIRC, there were Morning Star Wings update packages pushed to DIM a couple of months ago then I had them updated. So you've had them updated but they still show in Ready to Download each time you open DIM ?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • DaugueffxiDaugueffxi Posts: 27

Correct, I updated them a dozen times now.

Odd...

So, you may go to the folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles, search by, let's say: 40975. Can you locate a DSX file named "IM00040975-01_MorningStarWingsforGenesis93and8Females.dsx" with a latest Date of Modified ?

SNAG-2024-5-14-011.png
    1825 x 844 - 27K
  • DaugueffxiDaugueffxi Posts: 27

Both say 5/12/2024

OK, then try this: go to DIM - Advanced Settings - Installation tab, right-click on the library path where you installed your products, Fix Installed File Registry... Then Refresh DIM, see if the update packages are gone in Ready to Download.

If the issue still persists, you may hide them for the time being... then wait and see if other folks can help with it....

SNAG-2024-5-14-012.png
    1109 x 945 - 70K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,377

I didn't know about the updates since I do manually installs, so thanks for the heads up.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,706

Faeryl Womyn said:

I didn't know about the updates since I do manually installs, so thanks for the heads up.

You can use DIM solely as a download manager, which will get you update notifications, and then do manual installs.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,377

Hmm guess I should reinstall DIM

Since I'm planning to delete almost all my extra runtimes and then install only what will currently be used, to save space on my drive, I've been double checking the installs to make sure I have the zips and a picture for each to easily identify.

Most likely there are a few things that need an update lol

Eventually I will have the zips and images for all my purchases and freebie items.