Decraniated for G8F

I have been trying to make a Decraniated from Star Wars (well something at least similiar for my own art/universe), and thought a morph for squishing the top of a head might be great.  I did not find anything like it anywhere, so if anyone is good at morphs, I'd like a Decraniated one for G8F specifically as that is the massive bulk of my collection, G8F.  Anyway thanks!  Also if you do find a morph like that somewhere, let me know!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,750
    edited April 28

I think the best way to make it, would be a geograft, or a conditional graf triggered by the "headpiece".

You might check this:

Post edited by felis on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,125
    edited April 28

However, as a quick & dirty morph that needs a box around it to hide the meniscus edge where the cranium has been flattened, this might do:

Note the pupil size does not expand with the morph, just the head flatten - was trying to imitate a blank, brain free look.

Install as you would any manually installed content. No user facing files. It adds a slider called 'Decraniated' in "<Character>/Morphs/Morph Loader"; To delete when you have something better, delete the file "<content>/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/Decraniated.dsf"

For base G8F the top of the skull is flat (if not 100% horizontal) With characters, the difference between the characters scalp shape and base G8F will remain after applying the morph.

I wrote a function into my modeller two years ago called 'Align Selected Nodes'. This is the first time I've found a use for it, and then again doing a modification to a set of V3 trousers this afternoon. Nuts.

Regards,

Richard.

Decraniated.png
    256 x 256 - 54K
    zip
    zip
    Decraniated.zip
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Oh cool!  Thanks!  I will look into that.  Hopefully, I can get it to match the Decraniated Star Wars art so that her head is missing entirely except the mouth.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Decraniated