My thoughts on using Daz AI Studio

I decided to try the premium version and have been playing away and having fun for about 40 minutes, allowing AI to conjure up some very beautiful, sad, and dreamlike rendered 3D images. 

It does create excellent artistic works, but, I would never even dream of using Daz AI in any of my art works, or in place of it.  However what I did find, was lots and lots of inspiration!  Enough, that I'm hoping I can try my best at recreating and rendering some of these images with my own purchased products in Daz Studio.

I did want to mention, that another 3D sales site (not sure if I can name it here), is promoting a 3d rendering contest.  You create and render an image according to their specifications, but your final rendered image must also include another image of the Daz Studio wire framework used...proving you DID NOT use AI.  I think that's a good idea, and should be adopted by many more sites and galleries.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

It's sad they need a rule like that, but totally understood since so many on the web are showing off AI images as their own work

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,435

FSMCDesigns said:

It's sad they need a rule like that, but totally understood since so many on the web are showing off AI images as their own work

This is the very issue with AI and the thing artists who make or sell things are afraid of. We've already seen ads that were made with AI to represent something that wasn't true with real-life people. Where is the limit?

• Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 87
    edited April 16

And thats leaving out the ethical questions about the training of most LLMs. I assume DAZ's is based on on of the few ones trained without infringing copyright, like Adobes one

Post edited by Andrew_C on
  • EeyoreEeyore Posts: 30

Some good comments.  In my opinion, CG art isn't really art when fully computer generated off of your specifications -- your list of criteria to generate the image.  Sure, as I too agree, it can be used as a great source of inspiration.  I'd loved to create characters and scenes based off of the images/scenes created in the AI tool, but only then would I consider those self assembled and rendered scenes to be art.

I could make a minor exception if one created, posed, and lit a scene but used a AI backdrop, so long as it didn't play a major role in creating the render; much like using an HDRI.

Where is the limits of AI?  Some very knowledgable people have commented on its use, and it sounded both very realistic and quite dangerous when utilized by the wrong people.

• LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 174

I enjoy the challenge of writing a prompt, in a manner that communicates what I see; what I want to visualize. Does not always work out, but AI is still in its infancy with so many endless possibilities before it. That  is so very exciting! 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

Eeyore said:

Where is the limits of AI?  Some very knowledgable people have commented on its use, and it sounded both very realistic and quite dangerous when utilized by the wrong people.

Agreed. On one hand, I had AI create a ton of hot cyber cuties with different outfits and scenes in 10 minutes which would have taken me weeks to do in DS and 3D and still not acheive the variety or realistic details that AI includes, BUT I have seen, and also produced lots of deepfake type work with celebrities and political figures where most couldn't tell the difference which is scary to say the least

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699
    edited April 27

I did want to mention, that another 3D sales site (not sure if I can name it here), is promoting a 3d rendering contest.  You create and render an image according to their specifications, but your final rendered image must also include another image of the Daz Studio wire framework used...proving you DID NOT use AI.  I think that's a good idea, and should be adopted by many more sites and galleries.

It's a clever thought, but there's definately a stack of LORA that have been up on Civitai for quite a long stretch now that exist just to generate topopgraphy lines. https://civitai.com/models/105670/game-dev-tools-03-topo (this is only one).

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,772
    edited April 27

did want to mention, that another 3D sales site (not sure if I can name it here), is promoting a 3d rendering contest.  You create and render an image according to their specifications, but your final rendered image must also include another image of the Daz Studio wire framework used...proving you DID NOT use AI.

We have such a rule for our render contests over at Renderhub.
    It is a longstanding practice to prevent people from grabbing an image from anywhere (Artstation etc) and entering it in the contest
    Not necessarily a specific rule  recently invented to prevent AI images from being used although it serves the same purpose of proving authorship. 

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,396

That is a very reasonable contest requirement.  Got to be able to weed out the less scrupulous.