Can't get my workspace the way it used to be

I feel stupid for not being able to do this. The workspace layout I've worked with for years is the scene window on the top left of the sidebar, the content library, smart content, and render settings on the bottom left, the viewport in the center, and parameters, lighting, cameras, shaders etc on the right sidebar. When I opened up Daz today, the right sidebar wasn't there and when trying to get it back, I thought the City Limits workspace would do the trick. 

It didn't and I can't set things up manually. I've tried dragging stuff to the top left section or bottom left section of the sidebar and they all just dock into one window pane instead of two. Does anyone know how I can get my workspace back the way I prefer?

Post edited by percivalconstantine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

If you've ever saved a Layout, you just simply load it back. If not... I'm afraid you have to manually organize them again (or based on a default Layout).

If you want to drag a Pane to a separate Pane group, pls follow the attached screenshot.

SNAG-2024-3-29-0007.png
    1154 x 1380 - 166K
  • Yeah, this started happening to me when docked the Shader Mixer tab.  I've saved layouts with and without it.  Whenver I load one with that particular tab, it skews everything every single time.  You'll have to do exactly what crosswind is saying and take note of what tabs you're adding to your layout.  Once you reset to the default and rearrange them how you need them, save that.  Then make your additions and save those layouts separately until you find the culprit.  It'll often look right in the session, and then it'll misalign when you restart the app.  I don't know why it does this, but I suspect it's a bug.  I now no longer dock the Shader Mixer tab.  I'll just have to use it and close it.