Problem combining two NLA clips

rubidiumrubidium Posts: 27
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello all
I am trying to make an animation combining two NLA clips. I have used DAZ studio 3 to import the BVH files, then I have used animate 2 to make the corresponding aniblocks. For each aniblock I have used the aniblock importer to import them to carrara, and I have made the corresponding NLA clips.
Then I have tried to combine the two clips. I have superposed them a little (about half a second) using the following options for the second clip:
- Interpolation: smooth
- Offsets relative to previous clip
- Match previous clip: Previous clip end time / match translation x, y, z / match rotation x, y, z

But the final animation has a problem: when the two clips merge the figure performs a full rotation about the z axis, that should not do... after this rotation the final orientation is correct...

You can see the clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI2hOD_JupE

Have I made something wrong? How can I get rid of this spin?
Also, there is sliding of the feet when the figure walks. Is there a way to correct it?
Thank you very much in advance

Ramon

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

The rotation and foot slide are known issues with workaround iirc... I don't have links to where this was discussed unfortunately. Hopefully someone else reads this who does remember.

• 3DPixLA3DPixLA Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It was the Jonny2Bravo aniblocks tutorials on YouTube