Growing Up for Genesis 3 [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,417
    edited December 2015

Olympia 7, Andie, and Myrina heads partially dialed. Genesis 3 base body. Growing Up 9-10 year old.

That MFD for G3 is a pain to deal with as far as fitting non standard shapes. I usually get great results with fit control, but not on the MFD for some reason. That fabric I chose is extremely unforgiving, too, so that made it worse. Anyway, not too bad, I think.

Olympia 7 9-10 Growing Up Santa Hat MFD crop.jpg
    890 x 927 - 445K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,049
    edited December 2015

I like that face:) Nice combo. Regarding that breast issue, try moving the pec bones outwards eg side to side. That might reduce the breast pinching slightly. Some poses adjusts it's values which shows on clothing.

Capture.JPG
    543 x 570 - 24K
    Capture2.JPG
    762 x 633 - 30K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Awesome, thanks for the answers and advice.  Love the product, looking forward to more as it comes out!

edited December 2015

You're welcome. Enjoy, and thanks for the support:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • In general, should the sum of all one's "person" head/body morphs always total 100?  Or is that also a "some experimentation required" choice?  In other words, with that picture above, did the total of Olympia 7, Myrina, and Andie's morphs equal 100?

edited December 2015

No, 100 is no set rule. You can add in as many morphs as you want as long as they play nice and the total can well exceed 100. EG I can have 2 morphs at 40%, another at 60% and another at 35% (totalling well over 100), and if it looks good and works for the look you want, then so be it:) The only thing you need to look out for is mesh distortion or tearing, if that happens, you have way too many morphs that are dialled in too strong and the geometry starts to fight with itself.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited December 2015

Now that we've got a few kids in the "gene" pool, we need either the clothing makers to start making a morph to shrink-wrap between the breasts ala Genesis 1, or an inset morph or five for the body, to make that funny centerline breast go away when the other two are dialed down.

A D-former might do it on smooth clothing, but some clothing has wrinkles added...the MFD looks like the latter in the above pics.

...or...we need a new dynamic system that works with conforming clothing.  :D  The ability to select by material zone would be mighty useful.

Post edited by VoltisArt on
  • VoltisArt said:

Now that we've got a few kids in the "gene" pool, we need either the clothing makers to start making a morph to shrink-wrap between the breasts ala Genesis 1, or an inset morph or five for the body, to make that funny centerline breast go away when the other two are dialed down.

A D-former might do it on smooth clothing, but some clothing has wrinkles added...the MFD looks like the latter in the above pics.

...or...we need a new dynamic system that works with conforming clothing.  :D  The ability to select by material zone would be mighty useful.

Try the Flat Chest Smoother morphs in Zev's Fit Control. :)  Worked like a charm.

edited December 2015

Trying out the Older Teen. She has some Olympia 7 and some Andie. I like that combination. The skin is my first conversion from G2F to G3F using blender and the instructions on the forum here. It is the G2F basic female Bree texture.

G3F with G2F Bree Growing Up older teen crop.jpg
    1237 x 1600 - 974K
    edited December 2015

One more, a younger teen next to Teen Josie 7. Which one looks more like a real person? I think the growing up one wins. Josie 7 is too skinny, and this isn't even the slim morph.

G3F with G2F Bree Growing Up younger teen next to Josie 7.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1013K
  • Nice work!  How long did it take you to do that transfer?

edited December 2015

Ahh...somebody recommended Fit Control to me before (for the opposite reason with Genesis 1) and I forgot about it when Growing hit the store and stuff was on sale.  Must grab it next time...wish I didn't need to wait for the sales!

edited December 2015
    VoltisArt said:

Try the Flat Chest Smoother morphs in Zev's Fit Control. :)  Worked like a charm.

Ha! So it does:) I actually forgot I made those flat chested morphsblush Ye that will pretty much help with that center bulge issue. I remember now....I actually made it for Growing Up when it was in beta stages in case no flat chested morphs were included in clothing items. Thanks for reminding me it's there lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Nice work!  How long did it take you to do that transfer?

Hours! It was my first time trying it and I'm not very Blender literate yet. There is a lot of one-time setup that can be reused for additional textures, so the first time is bad for tha,t as well as for learning curve.

• josh.pactorjosh.pactor Posts: 43
    edited December 2015

Not sure what 2 and 3 do; 1 seems to take care of the center bulge itself.  I think 2 and 3 tweak the "under breast" area that still ends up looking slightly deformed?

Post edited by josh.pactor on

Yes, on certain clothing types those two would be used.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Bone structures can be apparent in the face of a child, that will continue throughout life to some extent; just look at your own picures from when you were a kid, or your kids; body shapes, not really.

Dialling in just small amounts of head morph seems the best way to go. Ignoring specific Body morphs is a good idea; I was curious after reading this, and tried it with Olympia, the model had weird chest artifacts that fortuneately clothes mostly covers, but swimwear, as shown in above post, may not. Didn't try.

Not sure what 2 and 3 do; 1 seems to take care of the center bulge itself.  I think 2 and 3 tweak the "under breast" area that still ends up looking slightly deformed?

Use the wireframe mode; very useful for checking out what morphs do, it can be subtle but no less useful becuase of that.

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405
    edited December 2015

Thank you so much for this wonderful product, I've been having so much fun...guess what I'll be playing with over the holidays:)

santagrowingup.jpg
    543 x 783 - 378K
    Post edited by Allegra on
  • Zev0 said:
    VoltisArt said:

Ha! So it does:) I actually forgot I made those flat chested morphsblush Ye that will pretty much help with that center bulge issue. I remember now....I actually made it for Growing Up when it was in beta stages in case no flat chested morphs were included in clothing items. Thanks for reminding me it's there lol.

Is that actually a new feature in G3?  I've noticed more G3 clothing models have the ability to automatically push out the Center Depth on its own.

• I found a perfect combo to correct the breast morphs with GU morphs.   You will have to have the Dail-A-Girl Toyko - http://www.daz3d.com/dial-a-girl-genesis-3-female-s-edition

Add 60% to GU Youth Morph and goto the tokyo body - ( Jun ) and add this body type!  Bam!  Good starting point!  It works well between 30%-90%, with a few tweaks for personal preference.  I would post some pics up but i am still waiting on some more age appropriete clothing.....errrrrr.,

• Zev0 said:

Is that actually a new feature in G3?  I've noticed more G3 clothing models have the ability to automatically push out the Center Depth on its own.

The bump problem with flat-chested morphs is actually caused by the clothing having the center pushed out by default.  I don't have a big closet full of G3F clothes yet, but what clothing I've seen doesn't have the ability to bring the center back to the chest without external help.

• While I read some of your other threads...Zev0, I'd like to thank you for putting the finishing touches on these figures.  DAZ puts 'em out; you make 'em look real.  :)

• barbult said:

One more, a younger teen next to Teen Josie 7. Which one looks more like a real person? I think the growing up one wins. Josie 7 is too skinny, and this isn't even the slim morph.

I have cousins that resembled both girls in this image at that age, so it's not that Josie 7 isn't realistic, it's that she's the less common body shape.

barbult said:

I have cousins that resembled both girls in this image at that age, so it's not that Josie 7 isn't realistic, it's that she's the less common body shape.

Point taken. We come in all sizes and shapes! smiley

edited December 2015

For those of you who may not have gotten valzheimer 's "Wear Them All," I'm liking it very much in tandem with Growing Up, after a couple of clothing tests.  Genesis clothing is working great, as is M4 and G2M.  V4 clothing still has the third breast but otherwise fits well.  Male and/or conforming to the shape of the chest seems to be the key to not needing touch-up work.  Some bras and bikinis and even some of the conforming fantasy armor may do well.

http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

I've been experimenting with transferring morphs, as well, and the Genesis clone shape from WTA looks better than what I was able to build with the Studio Transfer Utility.

I don't have Fit Control yet and I'm sure it does a great job with adjustments, but combining the various products can really help us expand what we're able to do with the items we've already collected.  :)

Pictured:  [G.U.Youth+Josie+Skyler+Anna] wearing M4 Bodysuit, Genesis Little Melody Hair, G2M Voyager Tunic & Boots.  Used the AdjustFit morph @ 25% in the Tunic and hid some Bodysuit surfaces to take care of minor pokethrough.  Some bends do show pokethrough of skin through the bodysuit – easy to fix by hiding G3F surfaces but not needed in this shot.

GU_WTA_demo.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 336K
  • VoltisArt said:

For those of you who may not have gotten valzheimer 's "Wear Them All," I'm liking it very much in tandem with Growing Up, after a couple of clothing tests.  Genesis clothing is working great, as is M4 and G2M.  V4 clothing still has the third breast but otherwise fits well.  Male and/or conforming to the shape of the chest seems to be the key to not needing touch-up work.  Some bras and bikinis and even some of the conforming fantasy armor may do well.

http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

WTA has some fixer morphs for "third breast" issues related to its transfers.  They're in the figure's (not the clothes') shaping parameters, under "Actor/Full Body/Wear Them All".  The best part is that all of these work together really well: WTA, Fit Control, G3F for G2F... I have a Belle figure wearing Hongyu's Gen3 shirt and the Gen3 mall tights, and a G3F (morphed with GU) wearing Oskaarson's duffle dream outfit.  Fit Control really helps with the fine tuning and getting the fit just right, especially any time you apply any morphs to the chest area (like squish-together type morphs), or need to handle tucking and poke-through.  I also use it for things like repositioning and adjusting belts.. is that belt too high?  Dial in some Down All and Height Adjust.

• josh.pactorjosh.pactor Posts: 43
    edited December 2015

And for some fun (and to really put a lot of these products to use), here's Calico and Tora striking a double Lucky Cat pose (based on I13's K-Pop poses, transferred over to G3F thanks to Zev's Pose Converter, and mirrored with Pose Builder).  Getting Tigerlily's tiger-girl texture onto Creature Tail was loads of fun in Photoshop.  Calico is the base G3F, modified by Growing Up, Shape Shift, Breast Control, and 200 Plus (which is amazing​, by the way).  Her boots are from Duffle Dream.  Tora is the base Belle figure with some fine tuning in Shape Shift and Breast Control, FangTastic, Creature Creator, and Tigerlily's cat head morph.  Both are using Anime Kitten Hair; the variety of surfaces on that model let me create a calico pattern for Calico's hair without having to break out Photoshop.  And, of course, Fit Control on both for a variety of fine-tuning.

Calico-and-Tora-Lucky-Cats.png
    720 x 1280 - 663K
    Post edited by josh.pactor on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

VoltisArt said:

Pictured:  [G.U.Youth+Josie+Skyler+Anna] wearing M4 Bodysuit, Genesis Little Melody Hair, G2M Voyager Tunic & Boots.  Used the AdjustFit morph @ 25% in the Tunic and hid some Bodysuit surfaces to take care of minor pokethrough.  Some bends do show pokethrough of skin through the bodysuit – easy to fix by hiding G3F surfaces but not needed in this shot.

Just to note, the diagonal stripe across her chest can probably be fixed through a trip into Hexagon, liberal application of the soften brush, and back into DAZ Studio.  I had a really awful bit of distortion on a t-shirt from 'rosity applied to Skyler that cleaned right up, and the same works for the Growing Up morphs.

Not everything works that well, but it's amazing how much does clean up pretty easily.

--  Morgan

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Getting Tigerlily's tiger-girl texture onto Creature Tail was loads of fun in Photoshop. 

Cute image.

Haha. Fun? Interesting term.

Frequent Unanticipated Nasites? Or something like that.

• sikotik13sikotik13 Posts: 31
    edited December 2015

I have been fighting my Studio for a few days now trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have run through every viable possibility I can think of, and am posting this here in hopes someone who actually uses the product can think of something I haven't. I have currently saved some characters I morphed using GU that saved as Subsets (my preferred method) I can load up just fine, others I had to save as Characters to not have the rigging blow up when reloaded, these work just fine as well, and I can no longer seem to save any character that uses either the Youth Morph or the Youth Posture without the rigging separating from the body.

I can replicate this by double-click loading the base G3F, applying the GU 5-6 (or any other, now, and this happens whether I use a custom action/script, or double-click the icon in my library). The figure will function just fine, but if I save it in either of those two mentioned formats (and I can't think of another logically I could do so in), the rigging is off on reload, and the following is in my log file:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/Youth%20Posture.dsf#a?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/CTRLMD_N_Value_0_9517.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/Youth%20Posture.dsf#a?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/JCMYouthM%26Posture.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/Youth%20Posture.dsf#a?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/JCMYMYWYPAbdoUpper.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/Youth%20Posture.dsf#a?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/JCMYMYPYWAdboLower.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/Youth%20Posture.dsf#a?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/JCMYMYPYWAbdoU%26L2.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/Youth%20Posture.dsf#a?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/JCMYMYPYW.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/Youth%20Posture.dsf#a?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/JCMYMYPostABdoUpper.dsf
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5311): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/Youth%20Posture.dsf#a?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/JCMChestLABUYMYP.dsf

Selecting the base G3F and applying the Character save to it works fine, until and unless I wish to save myself the hassle of doing so each time I want to use the same character again. I love the morphs, and am delighted I get to fill up some character family tree slots I was struggling to manually scale/tweak/etc., but my frustration at this sudden inability to use it like I could even two days ago is kind of a buzz kill.

I welcome any thoughts regarding possibly fixing this baffling conundrum, and may repost/move this to the nuts 'n bolt area after getting feedback from known users of this set. Just hoping someone here may have seen this or something similar, or could at least verify it doesn't happen to them. I don't really want to reinstall Daz Studio and about 600 GB of content if I can avoid it, but I've exhausted everything else I can think of.

Oh, and I'm using 4.8 whatever the DIM says is the most recent version. If anyone can duplicate the issue in 4.8 and finds it not present in 4.9, I'll download the public build just for this product.

To end on a sweet note: Thank you for a wonderful morph set, Zev0! Can't wait for GU - G3M to fill out the rest of my geneaology.smiley

Post edited by sikotik13 on