The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Warm under a glowy blue sky today, is it really the end of winter?

edited September 2012

Rezca said:
    Spyro said:
    Very nice! Reminds me of ghost rider. Love the flames!

It doesn't look like they're emitting any light though D:
    Maybe they're not real flames... Let me check. *Pokes the flames and burns his finger*
    Nope. They're real flames. They're just not emitting light or casting shadows. Ouch my finger ;__;
    So what you rendering tha with? D|S or Lightwave? Can D|S use image planes to emit light? D:

Heh nah painted :) AFAIK no radiosity from DS objects, ghostly stuff doesn't cast shadows, Poser render :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

I got a job interview Tuesday at the nearest Wendy's. I applied on line last night and went in person this morning to see if I could meet with the hiring manager. Hopefully I can get the job.

Hopes they treat you better than the last place :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

...cloudygrey, much cooler than previous days,threat of rain n the forecast. Could it be the end of summer?
    edited September 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...cloudygrey, much cooler than previous days,threat of rain n the forecast. Could it be the end of summer?

Winter was sooooo cold here, not used to it but I guess it was a change from years of unremitting hot and drought. Looking at the sky last night thinking it is real cool that the same moon shines on both of us :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Very nice! Reminds me of ghost rider. Love the flames!

Ghost Rider 2 was good as well :)

edited December 1969

Really slow day so far, I'm the only one to show up for work this morning *wonders if I missed something* :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I got a job interview Tuesday at the nearest Wendy's. I applied on line last night and went in person this morning to see if I could meet with the hiring manager. Hopefully I can get the job.

Hopes they treat you better than the last place :)

I do hope so. Also the last place it was not everyone who was treating me bad.

I do not know if I got the job or not but I hope so. I tried everything I could think of to get into there. If I do not get the job, I will have to look elsewhere.

my dream job would be an author and also breeds cats on the side. I can write but right now that will not pay the bills. I am not allowed to have pets here. I do not think i can have plushies either. right now is not the time for me to have my dream job.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...Not sure if I like this new version of FF. While I was writing a response to a post above I pressed the [shift] key and the browser crashed to the desktop. When I opened it (and my Gmail) back up, all of the new reminder notices (including the last one to this thread) were missing from my inbox.

This is not good.

Bad enough I have computer issues like this at the day job. Don't need them happening during my off time.

(and the built in spell checker is really offering some ridiculous suggestions, worse than the last version)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

D:
    *Shading Level: 14.5 Next SL in 7hr 54min*
    Yeah I'm going to bed ^_^
    Let this sit overnight XD
    (Shading Level is basically how clear the image is. Less grain, more bright, etc...)
    And as you can see, even at a level of 14 it's still very... Grainy.
    Maxwell has this pretty nifty camera feature added to the usual "Render Region". If you render a small region, say the face, of a large portrait picture, it'd be fairly small. By enabling this extra option, it will make the render region full-sized.
    http://support.nextlimit.com/display/maxwelldocs/Render+region+-+Blowup+region
    "This option is similar to Region (setting it using the same tools as for a Region render), but it renders the selected region filling the full frame resolution for rendering detail close-ups."
    Anyway... G'night everyone.

ScreenHunter_48-Sep.-09-17_.54_.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 458K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Not sure if I like this new version of FF. While I was writing a response to a post above I pressed the [shift] key and the browser crashed to the desktop. When I opened it (and my Gmail) back up, all of the new reminder notices (including the last one to this thread) were missing from my inbox.

This is not good.

Bad enough I have computer issues like this at the day job. Don't need them happening during my off time.

(and the built in spell checker is really offering some ridiculous suggestions, worse than the last version)

Safari (5 for Windows I think) and Opera are both very stable ;)

edited December 1969

waaah no lunch today, I'm the only one here - and it is sunny outside *cries* :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    waaah no lunch today, I'm the only one here - and it is sunny outside *cries* :)
    Not fair, you should get FREE lunch the next time they work with you.
  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited September 2012

/peers back in. Hi all

I'm still alive and still working, though I've been very busy for the last several months. Fiance and I've been busy getting into shape and we're starting to see results. Also, my muse has mostly switched gears into writing partly because my graphic's card was dying and I have been taking a writing tablet to work, so I've not done any renders. I did get a new card about three weeks ago but while I can do test renders all day long, as soon as I add a light with shadows, my computer starts overheating and shuts down. So I'm probably going to need bigger fans or a whole new system all together.

We had to buy a new vehicle recently. Our old one needed major repairs. It's rack and pinion was cracked and leaking power steering fluid, it needed transmission work and the gear stick to put the vehicle in gear was also cracking. It was going to be over 2000 dollars for parts and labor to repair, which, in all honestly, the vehicle wasn't even worth that much. We decided that we could put that money to better use with a new vehicle, so we did. We now have an '08 Nissan Titan and it's huge compared to the little SUV we had. Only downside of the vehicle is that I couldn't take a class this semester, as the money I had saved up went to the down payment.

Fiance's mother had to have back surgery back in July. She's recovering just fine but has to have a back brace still and can't bend over to pick up stuff so we're 'on-call' to help her when she needs it. Last week, it was remove the cracked tile on her front porch (the drought has been horrible and the tile just popped right down the middle). Today, it was 'work in her garden' day as some nasty bugs are eating her plants. We'll have to go back tomorrow and do more with the garden.

That's about it for now. I'll try to catch back up and be more active but things are still a bit crazy around here.

Hope everyone is doing well.

ETA: Zomg, my avatar is showing up. O.O

Post edited by Fyredrygyon on
    edited December 1969

It's Fyre! *leaps upon her and hugs*
    hellohelllohellhohllo!!!

edited December 1969

/peers back in. Hi all

I'm still alive and still working, though I've been very busy for the last several months. Fiance and I've been busy getting into shape and we're starting to see results. Also, my muse has mostly switched gears into writing partly because my graphic's card was dying and I have been taking a writing tablet to work, so I've not done any renders. I did get a new card about three weeks ago but while I can do test renders all day long, as soon as I add a light with shadows, my computer starts overheating and shuts down. So I'm probably going to need bigger fans or a whole new system all together.

We had to buy a new vehicle recently. Our old one needed major repairs. It's rack and pinion was cracked and leaking power steering fluid, it needed transmission work and the gear stick to put the vehicle in gear was also cracking. It was going to be over 2000 dollars for parts and labor to repair, which, in all honestly, the vehicle wasn't even worth that much. We decided that we could put that money to better use with a new vehicle, so we did. We now have an '08 Nissan Titan and it's huge compared to the little SUV we had. Only downside of the vehicle is that I couldn't take a class this semester, as the money I had saved up went to the down payment.

Fiance's mother had to have back surgery back in July. She's recovering just fine but has to have a back brace still and can't bend over to pick up stuff so we're 'on-call' to help her when she needs it. Last week, it was remove the cracked tile on her front porch (the drought has been horrible and the tile just popped right down the middle). Today, it was 'work in her garden' day as some nasty bugs are eating her plants. We'll have to go back tomorrow and do more with the garden.

That's about it for now. I'll try to catch back up and be more active but things are still a bit crazy around here.

Hope everyone is doing well.

ETA: Zomg, my avatar is showing up. O.O

*hugglepounce* Computers huh! *looks forward to ninja dragon stories* Great you are both well and happy :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    LOL is my work partner the star character again? haha!

Nope, but going to make a cameo. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    LOL is my work partner the star character again? haha!

Nope, but going to make a cameo. :)You got the cavalier too? I so needed that for my old Paladin.

edited December 1969

Yusss. As soon as I saw the lady in the promo pic and realized "NO BOOBPLATE", the whole thing was mine in a heartbeat.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

G'day peoples :)

edited December 1969

*waves*

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:
    Not fair, you should get FREE lunch the next time they work with you.

Heh TAANSTAAFL but I sweet talked the chicken shop down the road nto delivering fried chicken on a stick, with peanut sauce :)

edited December 1969

RIP Bill Moggridge, designer of the GRID Compass, and one of the greats.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    *waves*

Shouts at a distance "Hello there!" with a subtle echo through the city streets, almost too soft as a loud red double decker bus passes LOL

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited September 2012

found a jobs search site

https://www.usajobs.gov/JobSearch/Search/AdvancedSearch

i did an IT search on monster, seeing several calls for php. really gotz to get cracking on learning php

holy crapp, i didn't see one single job announcement to apply. my day job employment contract is quarterly, every 3 months i have to go through this anxiety. and the audit is this month. after sept they don't really need me til the next audit in a couple years. and i really don't enjoy reading quality policy documents, they make my eyeballs want to get drunk.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

/is pounced and knocked down. Eeep, easy guys, I'm sore this morning from all the gardening :P

My Muse is still fickle as always and keeps shifting gears on stories on me. Some of them have Reld in them but a few are from before, as I still need to finish up my re-write of the last four chapters in my first story. I've made some progress there... until I went to do a scene with Angela, when everything went blank. Now my Muse wants to jump to a different story and I keep trying to lure it back to this one.

Anyways, I don't get much time in the mornings to read the forums and I can't surf the web at work, so it'll be later today before I can try to catch up.

edited December 1969

found a jobs search site

https://www.usajobs.gov/JobSearch/Search/AdvancedSearch

i did an IT search on monster, seeing several calls for php. really gotz to get cracking on learning php

holy crapp, i didn't see one single job announcement to apply. my day job employment contract is quarterly, every 3 months i have to go through this anxiety. and the audit is this month. after sept they don't really need me til the next audit in a couple years. and i really don't enjoy reading quality policy documents, they make my eyeballs want to get drunk.

I'll swap, always too much work to choose from so I tend not to want to do any, envying the couch potatoes I know ;)

edited December 1969

/is pounced and knocked down. Eeep, easy guys, I'm sore this morning from all the gardening :P

My Muse is still fickle as always and keeps shifting gears on stories on me. Some of them have Reld in them but a few are from before, as I still need to finish up my re-write of the last four chapters in my first story. I've made some progress there... until I went to do a scene with Angela, when everything went blank. Now my Muse wants to jump to a different story and I keep trying to lure it back to this one.

Anyways, I don't get much time in the mornings to read the forums and I can't surf the web at work, so it'll be later today before I can try to catch up.

I been busy as well, working fulltime this year, only about 100 more sleeps until my contract expires am looking foreward to beach and sun and beach and sun and beach and sun and a bit of beach and sun with that :)

edited December 1969

Wish I had something more interesting to say to Fyre XD
    Eh Unless she plans on reading over a thread and a half that passed while she was gone... Um... Stuff happened, I found someone to play Age of Empires 3 with me online, I've been doing art again (Indigo and some Maxwell), and I've started College (Drawing and Accounting)
    Alright now who else would like to tell Fyre what they've done while she was gone? :3

velocirapty_in_the_hall_v2_by_sylxeriaguardian-d5e30k9.jpg
    1280 x 1816 - 539K
    edited December 1969

Complaint: I really, really, really need that friggin' Reality 2.5, so I can queue renders for my sleepytiems, and can use my DAZ Studio just to set up stuff I want rendered while I'm asleep... and right now can't afford it. Murrr! (Running a second instance is so not gonna happen while render job is sucking 99% of CPU juice.)

Reasonable response: Ah well. Gotta get it later.

This discussion has been closed.