Where to find Iray Skin Shaders? (Solved)

bshugs@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 176
edited June 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

Where can I find a general skin shader for Iray?
Alternately, what is the best way to use Iray with UV maps other than V6/M6?

I've found the ones for V6 and M6 (and their characters), but they break when I try to apply them to many of the characters I have which use other UV maps. Once there was a Iray Uber Shader Base (at least I think that's what it was called), but it seems to have been removed.

I've been scouring the forums for over an hour looking for this, everything is either outdated, or seems to be for the v6/m6 uv maps.

Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It's still there, in Shader Presets > Iray > DAZ Uber, if you installed the updated "Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio".

• bshugs@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 176
    edited June 2015

It's still there, in Shader Presets > Iray > DAZ Uber, if you installed the updated "Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio".

Thank you, I found it. Seems that when DIM updated recently, it reset the destination folder for installs, so everything was going to the default (Public) folder instead of my normal folder.

For anyone else having the problem (or one like it) I figured it by picking the package form the Installed tab, clicking on the arrow and selecting "Installed Files"
    The list itself doesn't tell you which folder it's in, but if you click on one of the files, it opens it in explorer.
    (I'm using Windows 8.1 You're mileage may vary.)

Now I just gotta figure out what hasn't been updated properly. :P

Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited December 1969

If you go to the Installed tab in DIM and right-click on an item that was installed to the wrong location, you can choose "Filter Products > Same Installed To" to see everything that was installed to that location (note: this only applies to pure Content -- if a particular item is both Software and Content or Plugin and Content, it won't be shown by this filter).

• bshugs@hotmail.com[email protected] Posts: 176
    edited December 1969

fixmypcmike, you are simply the coolest guy ever... unless your a gal... then,well..Mike is a weird name.

Turns out, there's a lot of little things I never noticed were in the wrong spot. This is going to make it a lot easier.

Thanks again.

• Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
    edited December 1969

I just re-downloaded the Lights and Shaders package and double checked it against the version I installed last week. I am not seeing any skin shader in there except for the old "simple skin" one. For sure nothing in the Iray/Uber folder.

Unless we're to straight up apply the Uber Base and fiddle with its settings?

edited December 1969

The skin shaders are in G2F Starter Essentials and G2M Starter Essentials

• Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
    edited December 1969

I see no shader presets in those packages at all, other than the Genesis 3 specific ones.

From the topic of the thread, I am assuming there is a base Iray skin shader with no maps/UVs attached/associated with it. If there is, I am not seeing it. Unless, of course, the thread is referring to the default Iray Uber shader.