DAZ Studio 4.5 release date

2»

Comments

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

One last question. Will we need a new serial # for this or will the Studio 4 Pro one we already have still work? Reason I ask, is I reset my Downloads for Studio 4 and the new 4.5 version is there, but I checked my Available Serial #'s and still only have the old one for Studio 4 Pro showing on my account.

Quote from other thread
    "This version is available to all customers and will run either with or without a serial number - (You will be asked to enter a serial number each time you launch the application until you do so. You may also use your current DAZ Studio 4.x serial number. "
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5343/

I know that was for the Beta/Release Candidates, but what about the final 4.5 release that is now available? I've been using RC3 and it worked fine with my 4.0 pro #. I just don't want to update to the final release to only find it won't start without a new serial #. So i would like an administrator-someone "in the know" to respond to my original question.

I believe that the statement is correct for this release as it was edited to correct it as it said without or without instead of with or without earlier

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,511
    edited December 1969

Same serial number works.

A few of my favorite new features.
    - Group, a real group, not s "null"
    - Motion blur renders
    - .duf file format (Makes offloaded rendering a breeze, as long as you other computers have access to your runtime).
    - Faster and more responsive
    - Push modifier as an addition to smoothing/collision, just make a piece of clothes push away and get some thickness.
    - Faster render engine at least on my machines.

• graham jamesgraham james Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

I wasn't required to enter a serial number. It must have taken the one from the previous install automatically.
    It really was a painless upgrade - well done Daz !!!

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I wasn't required to enter a serial number. It must have taken the one from the previous install automatically.
    It really was a painless upgrade - well done Daz !!!
    That was exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.