Where are the Iray Uber Shaders???

amulackamulack Posts: 11
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Where can I get the! Iray Uber Shader Base and all other iray shaders for manual download? I can not find it anywhere. :-O
Thanks.

Comments

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

I believe the shaders and lights weren't included in the 4.8 download but will be available as a DIM update soon (hopefully today)

• amulackamulack Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Now, the new Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio 4.8+ are in the product library in DAZ Studio 4.8 Pro and we can manually downlod it.

Thank you DAZ!

• JoltrastJoltrast Posts: 199
    edited June 2015

amulack said:
    Now, the new Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio 4.8+ are in the product library in DAZ Studio 4.8 Pro and we can manually downlod it.

Thank you DAZ!

I have 4.8 installed (not beta) and don't have the Iray Uber Shaders. Where can I manually download them please? Thanks!

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I found them in my Poser folder.

Post edited by Joltrast on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354
    edited December 1969

Joltrast said:
    amulack said:

Thank you DAZ!

I have 4.8 installed (not beta) and don't have the Iray Uber Shaders. Where can I manually download them please? Thanks!

Default Lights and Shaders. The optimised settings for G2F and g2M are in the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials packages.

edited June 2015

The optimised settings for G2F and g2M are in the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials packages.

I can't find optimised settings in the G2F Starter Essentials. There's a lot in there though, but mostly props, characters and lights for Barefoot Dancer.

I've just looked in G2M starter essentials though and they are in there under "Phillip"!?
    I have also found Low/Medium and High render settings, for Barefoot Dancer.

edited December 1969

You have downloaded the updated versions? Released a day or two after the production build of DS 4.8.

edited June 2015

Double post

edited June 2015

You have downloaded the updated versions? Released a day or two after the production build of DS 4.8.

Once I knew what the thumbnail looked like http://images.thinkdrawart.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DazStudioIrayMaterials6.jpg
    I did a search for it and again, it's tucked away in a Poser directory that I never use!

At least I know it's there now. Is there an easy way to move it?
    Is it safe to edit the base path?
    Thanks again!

Yes, my Runtime is a whole scary mess, but I daren't mess with it in case I lose my old stuff!

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited December 1969

Joltrast said:

Once I knew what the thumbnail looked like http://images.thinkdrawart.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DazStudioIrayMaterials6.jpg
    I did a search for it and again, it's tucked away in a Poser directory that I never use!

Thanks again!

Yes, my Runtime is a whole scary mess, but I daren't mess with it in case I lose my old stuff!

What directory did you find them in? Ive been looking for them for days.

edited December 1969

Joltrast said:

Thanks again!

What directory did you find them in? Ive been looking for them for days.
    Well my directory is unlikely to look like yours, but you can try:

%\Shader Presets/Daz Uber
    %\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Materials\Iray

You'd probably be quicker running at search in the search box at the top of the directory tree. It was the only way I found mine!

edited December 1969

You shouldn't be seeing the Content folder in the path, and the files shouldn't be in a Runtime folder. Those suggest an installation issue.

edited June 2015

You shouldn't be seeing the Content folder in the path, and the files shouldn't be in a Runtime folder. Those suggest an installation issue.

My runtime is a bit of a mess, i know that, but I daren't move anything. Last time I tried I lost a lot of my older content.
    I'd pay someone to fix it though!

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited June 2015

Where do you find them though? I'm mainly looking for the !Iray Uber Base
    And is there any good shader for making water?

Post edited by Hera on
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Where do you find them though?

DAZ Studio Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>Shader Presets>Iray, assuming you installed to My DAZ 3D Library. There are a couple of basic water presets, but for different situations rather than for different looking waters.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited June 2015

Herakleia said:
    Where do you find them though?

DAZ Studio Formats>My DAZ 3D Library>Shader Presets>Iray, assuming you installed to My DAZ 3D Library. There are a couple of basic water presets, but for different situations rather than for different looking waters.

I found it, but it was nowhere where I thought it was ;-) - now I', moving them to Shader Presents so I'll be able to find them in the future.

Post edited by Hera on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

So I need to download the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials to get the updated shaders for G2F and G2M?  Just that one?  Or do I need also download V6 and Lillith 6 and all other Genesis 2 characters I've bought?

• The Starter Esentials have the presets for the figures, and the Default Lights and Shaders has the actual shader code. As far as I am aware none of the characters from before the release of Iray has been updated with new presets for Iray.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Do those other pre-Iray characters need a preset for each one? I've just been using the Uber Shader Base on all my G2 figures, and the renders so far have all been pretty much what I expected a correct conversion to look like. They compare well with the differences between a 3Delight render and an Iray render (with preset) of the G2 base texture.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I'd say each individual skin texture set should probably have its own preset...