JUST RELEASED - MEC4D UNSHAVEN 2 for G2M - [commercial]

MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

JUST RELEASED

http://www.daz3d.com/mec4d-unshaven-2-for-genesis-2-male-s

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

UNSHAVEN 2 FOR G2M in action Iray & 3Delight
check the video to see what you get
https://youtu.be/mx9YepOxkFo
if you render closer up and think the hair are too COARSE you can make them finer, smooth them out without using subdivision what will conserve your memory, especially if rendered with vmemory sensitive Iray , the reason I created the additional tools for .
However , if you render close up the longer beards like wizard or alchemist will need 1 sub-d to smooth the geometry in general as genesis base figure but only for the very long or the fuzzy African hair types but not 2 sub-d anymore .. anyway you will get the perfect look you wanted .

It is as usual fully animated following any shapes and any expressions

Thanks
Cath

HERCULES_IRAY_2015.jpg
1621 x 1080 - 877K
Dorian_Iray_2015.jpg
707 x 1000 - 533K
CHESTER_IRAY_2015.jpg
1414 x 2000 - 2M
UNSHAVEN_PROMO_DOUBLE.jpg
1773 x 1080 - 1M
UNSHAVEN_2_PROMO_42_styles.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Post edited by MEC4D on

Comments

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

amazing !

witch colors of hair will be available ?

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited April 2015

Thank you ......Of course with all color palette and also additional Iray hair shader

thadeus72 said:
    amazing !

witch colors of hair will be available ?

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,958
    edited December 1969

Hi Cath! Great looking product which is going to go straight into my cart as soon as I see it in the wld! :)

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited December 1969

Things are about to get seriously hairy around here. I can't wait!!!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,907
    edited December 1969

Unshaven Beard is one of the most useful products I've ever bought, used in a good 1/3 to 1/2 of my figures. Very happy to see this.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

Fantastic! I've been autofitting the G1 version when I needed beards all this time.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,189
    edited December 1969

This looks really good! I too have been using the G1 version, but a specific G2M version, especially with the improvements you've listed, will be great :-)

edited April 2015

I'll just put it out there... if you made something like this for eyebrows, I'd probably buy it.

(I've been making eyebrows with LAMH, but having a stable, integrated product with simple dials would be a big win)

Post edited by Oso3D on
    edited December 1969

I will see what I can do :) I was thinking about eyelashes

I'll just put it out there... if you made something like this for eyebrows, I'd probably buy it.

(I've been making eyebrows with LAMH, but having a stable, integrated product with simple dials would be a big win)

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,034
    edited April 2015

Unshaven for Genesis is one of my all-time favorite products. Used it constantly.
    I will buy this immediately. I would also buy an eyebrow solution like this immediately as well (been looking for that - one that follows expressions, but I can imagine that's really tricky Eyelashes would be great as well..)
    Also look forward to your iRay shader for skin - you've been extremely generous with your knowledge and time (thank you!) in the Iray posts and would immediately buy your iRay shader as well.

Post edited by bohemian3 on
    edited December 1969

Here are some translucent color preview.. beard not subdivided just used the fine hair slider on 50%

unshaven2_color_preview1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited April 2015

Heh! Now we can make our very own Hitler parodies! :lol:

Seriously, very impressive stuff.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

What about Charlie Chaplin ?

Heh! Now we can make our very own Hitler parodies! :lol:

Seriously, very impressive stuff.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Do want! I so need this =P~

And I thought Dorian was a photograph :bug:

• AnIronButterflyAnIronButterfly Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

These look really good...

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Forget to mention I will almost certainly immediately purchase this, as several of your products had me 50% sold on their facial hair, alone! :)

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

omg I can not wait for this

edited April 2015

Thank you Guys for the comments
    I made 25 natural and dyed hair colors PBR based hair shader preset , it took me 18 hours ,, crazy but it is more complex as you may think , picking a simple base color does not work here anymore as we did before as everything need to be in the right values and balanced but the shader pressed can now go for the eyebrows, eyelashes and the new scalp hair I am working on with Unshaven style for better realism and match

I am rendering previews with the standard Sky and Sun light and standard tone mapping so everyone get the same result on start

unshaven2_color_preview3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 793K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,563
    edited December 1969

Looks great. I have been waiting for this. I have something I was needing it on soon and it looks like it is coming out in time. I would also love eyebrows.

I see iray mentioned a bunch but will there be 3Delight setup for this, as well? Thanks

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570
    edited December 1969

Nicely done. I will certainly buy this!

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Looks great. I have been waiting for this. I have something I was needing it on soon and it looks like it is coming out in time. I would also love eyebrows.

What GhostofMacbeth said :cheese:

And would also buy eyebrows in a heartbeat ;-)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,791
    edited December 1969

Oooohhhh YES! Love the drape on those longer beards!

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

I have the G1 version this looks amazing and by all means let me 15th the eyebrow request. Nothing more depressing than finding the right skin perfect hair annndd, nope,none of the eyebrow presets on the skin match. (on guys or gals really)

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,062
    edited April 2015

Wow! I had begun to make such a product and finally swapped to something else... I don't regret now! You've made a fantastic product here, very flexible, an instant buy for me!
    EDIT : will you also make a product for the "head hair" you have in your renders?

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for the comments and support.
    Eyebrows is what I am doing mostly for my own usage , it is not easy task as the same eyebrows will never fit all faces and all morphs , I can do additional fits for standard males so it match the facial features, eyebrows are the center of facial expression if done wrong it looks ugly lol so I will do my best and if functional enough you get it .. I am working now on the scalp hair with couple of style .. bit will be not as huge due to size of polygons , I used just 10K on the beard for the hair I need not less than 20 that why I will split the sides ans top as separate to safe on memory this will be a short style like in the preview just better with couple of morphs for a change

edited December 1969

Yeah, in my clumsy attempts with LAMH, I've found an amusing contradiction... scalp hair is a lot easier to style and cover stuff, eyebrows are insanely hard. But... eyebrows have a very small footprint and scalp hair a huge one.

(Though not as bad as full body fur, which I've basically abandoned)

edited December 1969

I practiced for months before made Unshaven 1 for G1 , and it is not the way you all do in Garibaldi or LAMH as it never worked with animations....since I use geometry roots and not curves for the styling , other way it will be destroyed by slightly emotions morphs but in case of my lil invention system the hair particularly don't exist in other form that just morphs and are not affected by automatic morphs as all that move are the rigged roots only ....just like with the real hair in skin . I just cheat the rigging system with that lol

I can make everything I want this is not my problem, the problem is the area of the eyes .. very difficult to rig the seeds there as they get affected by the eyeballs and eyelids so quickly so all manually hair by hair , root by root ...thank god not much hair to do in this area lol

Yeah, in my clumsy attempts with LAMH, I've found an amusing contradiction... scalp hair is a lot easier to style and cover stuff, eyebrows are insanely hard. But... eyebrows have a very small footprint and scalp hair a huge one.

(Though not as bad as full body fur, which I've basically abandoned)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,845
    edited December 1969

Will this work for long beards like a wizard beard or for one of the dudes on that tv show that seems popular?

edited December 1969

You have 45 styles and 3 tools to mess with.. it works on all shapes even the one you make ..
    3 wizards beards included, as long as it could get hehe

Will this work for long beards like a wizard beard or for one of the dudes on that tv show that seems popular?
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,269
    edited December 1969

Well, I reckon this one will be an Insta-buy. Even though I've been using the Genesis version on G2 with no problems whatsoever.

Hey, it would be worth it for just not having to tweak the colors until they almost match the hair...