OOT Fiends custom face shader converted to iRay?

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
edited March 2015 in The Commons

I wanted to mess around with the Fiends in iRay and then I remembered that he created a custom Face shader that handles the makeup and the brows (they're image based, but not in the normal way- they're overlays). This shader doesn't get translated by iRay the way other DS shaders seem to be (default, aoa sss, etc) leaving the figure to be rendered with no makeup and browless. I can open up his shader to see how it's set up, but the problem is I can't open up an iRay shader to see how it would need to be customized to add in the extra nodes (I can't create a shader to save my soul, but have a shot at editing one).

If OOT sees this and can do this, awesome, but if anybody else who has Fiends and familiar with the iRay nodes can help me set one up, I'd be grateful.

I can do the skin/lips and everything else with using the rubber presets as a starting point, but I can't seem to find away to use the makeup and brows in the default iRay shader setup.

/edit
Tried using LIE and DS crashed. lol Attempt #2...

/edit 2
LIE will work for black eyebrows, but it won't do anything for colored or the makeup.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

What are your system specs? The first thing I do with the fiends is replace the custom face shader with the same shader used for the rest of the body and use LIE to add the brows.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2015

i7 2600k 3.5Ghz (OC'd 4.6Ghz)
    8GB DDR3
    EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW Edition

Yes, LIE works for the brows if I don't want them colored, and it does nothing for the makeup. It seems you can only add 1 mask to an image in LIE. Unless I'm using the sucker all wrong, which is entirely possible seeing as I've never had to use it manually before.

Fiends work perfectly fine normally, I'm just having a hard time getting everything translated to work with iRay.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

The way it should work is add make-up layer and set to multiplicative blend. Add layer and set color for eyebrows (don't need an image) and add mask to the eyebrow layer hit accept and wait patiently for LIE to do its thing. In version 4.7 it worked as expected, version 4.8 it crashed on me too, guess would need to file a bug report.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Lie lets you have as many layer stacks as you want. So you should be able to player the eyebrows (with mask) on top of the makeup on top of the base facial skin. You should be able to colour the eyebrows, too. Create a layer with a solid colour and then apply the eyebrows as a mask on the solid color layer.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Glad I am not the only one working on this. :)
    Fiend is one of my favorites for sure.
    I have never used a mask in LIE before ... this should be fun!