Matching Morphs For MFD... What Are They?

XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a good number of items for the Morphing Fantasy Dress (and the collar, etcetera), so, whenever something new crops up for it, I'm immediately interested and this appears before me, this morning...

http://www.daz3d.com/matching-morphs-for-mfd-for-genesis-2-females

The problem is, I can't figure out - from the promotional images - what these morphs are meant to do. The clothing seems to look more or less like it usually does in the various pictures.

If anyone's purchased it, what were your impressions?

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited January 2015

They surely look wonderful, they're from Aave! Those will match poses with shapes MFD can take. I mean, you can dial, say, "Clinging" (I'm making it up) on MFD, then put your figure into "Clinging" pose and they will match each other.

I don't have the pack yet, but I'm a sucker for Aave clothes and I've been begging her for such set, so I can't wait to get it!

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

I'm very curious... There's talk of 'draping' effects in the text description, but I couldn't make out anything obvious in the pictures in regards to that. Usually, I've found the MFD pretty much conforms to most poses I have, which is why I'm so intrigued. The creator's clearly encountered situations where a product like this was required.

I think I'm in need of some before/after comparisons, so that I can figure out what it does! :)

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I have a good number of items for the Morphing Fantasy Dress (and the collar, etcetera), so, whenever something new crops up for it, I'm immediately interested and this appears before me, this morning...

http://www.daz3d.com/matching-morphs-for-mfd-for-genesis-2-females

The problem is, I can't figure out - from the promotional images - what these morphs are meant to do. The clothing seems to look more or less like it usually does in the various pictures.

If anyone's purchased it, what were your impressions?

These are Aave Nainen draping morphs in disguise :) The promos show absolutely nothing of what they look like or how they work
    if you aren't familiar with how the draping morphs work or what they look like watch my Fabulous dress video on You Tube. The morphs are for different pose sets but will give you an idea of what you can expect. Believe me when I say it would be $2.09 well spent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU-NkIzRYWw

edited December 1969

I'm very curious... There's talk of 'draping' effects in the text description, but I couldn't make out anything obvious in the pictures in regards to that. Usually, I've found the MFD pretty much conforms to most poses I have, which is why I'm so intrigued. The creator's clearly encountered situations where a product like this was required.

I think I'm in need of some before/after comparisons, so that I can figure out what it does! :)

Here's a screen capture of G2F MFD with base G2F pose #16

Capture.JPG
    623 x 802 - 43K
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    edited January 2015

That is very impressive, thanks. I am surprised you did not use any of the more extreme poses (eg: sitting or kneeling) in the product demo shots, as that is where the MFD is really bad. The demo shots that were used just show some shuffling of the leg positions, but are basically all standing. Standing is really all you can do with a non-dynamic long dresses, unless it has the kind of morphs you added in this pack.

Post edited by Havos on
    edited December 1969

Havos said:

That is very impressive, thanks. I am surprised you did not use any of the more extreme poses (eg: sitting or kneeling) in the product demo shots, as that is where the MFD is really bad. The demo shots that were used just show some shuffling of the leg positions, but are basically all standing. Standing is really all you can do with a non-dynamic long dresses, unless it has the kind of morphs you added in this pack.

Those promos are definitely not my work, if you look at the promos I do for the sets in my store you'll see I do everything I can to show off my totally awesome draping morphs :)

edited December 1969

Havos said:

Those promos are definitely not my work, if you look at the promos I do for the sets in my store you'll see I do everything I can to show off my totally awesome draping morphs :)

Ok, that is interesting, from other PA comments I have read, I assumed that PAs did there own promos.

• eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited December 1969

That looks wonderful! I guess there's no chance the drapes would be transferable to the MFD for G1, would there?

edited January 2015

Thank you, Aave! Those really will be useful, if I can get them matching to the poses I have. I was actually needing something like this, a few nights ago.

Purchasing soon. :)

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,069
    edited December 1969

Havos said:
    Ok, that is interesting, from other PA comments I have read, I assumed that PAs did there own promos.
    They generally do, but for items which are bought out by DAZ to be sold as DAZ Originals the promos often get redone by DAZ promo artists.
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    Havos said:
    They generally do, but for items which are bought out by DAZ to be sold as DAZ Originals the promos often get redone by DAZ promo artists.

That makes sense, but I think in this case they would have been better leaving it to the artist. I am likely to buy this set, but it is largely due to seeing the demo above, rather than the original promos.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited January 2015

Leana said:
    Havos said:

Thank you so much, Aave, they look fabulous. I must get them. Frankly, the promos don't give them justice! Could you ask DAZ to let you add your own promos too?

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

I really wish they'd either done some "extreme" poses, or had you do your own promos, because honestly, from the promos that are there, i can't make head nor tail of exactly what the product is.

I"d love to see some more renders from people who have it...I have an inkling of what it does, but I'm still a bit lost.

edited December 1969

Here's a couple more screen captures showing G2F poses

#5, 13 and 18 with and without draping morphs.

Capture_2.JPG
    658 x 651 - 35K
    Capture_1.JPG
    649 x 557 - 35K
    Capture_3.JPG
    742 x 605 - 34K
    edited December 1969

Aave, are they specific for certain poses? or are you using them with any poses? (i seem to remember years ago, with the first V4 MFD, that a set of "morphs" for posing the dress came out, but they were kinda specifically for the V4 base poses and weren't incredibly successful with other poses)

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Aave, are they specific for certain poses? or are you using them with any poses? (i seem to remember years ago, with the first V4 MFD, that a set of "morphs" for posing the dress came out, but they were kinda specifically for the V4 base poses and weren't incredibly successful with other poses)

These are draping morphs specific to G2F base pose set, but you can certainly change the upper body pose after the morph is applied. You may need to up the smoothing a bit for the arm bends to smooth out :) and of course you can try using the draping morph as a base to work from then use MFDs fantastic handles and dials to adjust the skirt.

edited December 1969

The morphs are for the 20 standard poses that came with G2F. You can find them in your content library under:

People/Genesis 2 Female/Poses

They are the twenty poses in the top level of this directory. Everybody has them.

edited December 1969

Just experimented with them and, yes, they conform to the basic 'Starter Essentials' poses by number. Really exquisite! Just make sure to dial out the last conforming morph before applying the next or you'll wonder what had gone wrong. :)

Will there be more to help with, say, the various included poses for V6 and so on?

When Zev's new product, which lets us combine different sections of poses together, gets released, this should have amazing uses.

edited December 1969

Here is another example of the morphs in action this time on pose 20. Rather than show the non-Aave morph version as it looks unmodified, I tried to reproduce the same effect using just the morph set that comes with MFD. As you can see I failed! No prizes for guessing which has the new morph applied

MFD20-02.png
    1201 x 1400 - 849K
    MFD20-01.png
    1201 x 1400 - 886K
    edited December 1969

A final example, this time on pose 14, looks even better I think, and my attempt to reproduce with the existing morphs is just awful.

MFD14-02.png
    1423 x 879 - 806K
    MFD14-01.png
    1423 x 879 - 658K
    edited January 2015

I've had so many frustrating times trying to do that sort of thing. I usually give up and completely alter the scene so that I can use a standing pose. :)

edited December 1969

Just experimented with them and, yes, they conform to the basic 'Starter Essentials' poses by number. Really exquisite! Just make sure to dial out the last conforming morph before applying the next or you'll wonder what had gone wrong. :)

Will there be more to help with, say, the various included poses for V6 and so on?

When Zev's new product, which lets us combine different sections of poses together, gets released, this should have amazing uses.

Whether or not there are further "matching morph" sets depends on how well this set is received I would think :) Please keep in mind some of the Base Pose sets have poses that are just not possible to do draping morphs for a slim fit skirt on...........without a total loss of decorum and/or realism :)

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

These are fantastic. An instant buy! Thank you.

edited December 1969

havos, you convinced me. They almost look like dynamics!!!!

Does anyone have anything showing it in a pose that's not from the basic set of poses? To see how they go with others?

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    havos, you convinced me. They almost look like dynamics!!!!

Does anyone have anything showing it in a pose that's not from the basic set of poses? To see how they go with others?

As outlined in a previous post you will want to start from the base pose and matching morph and then play with it to adjust it to modified poses

edited January 2015

Yeah, it basically mirrors those particular poses very specifically. They could potentially be used as a base to further alter with the basic MFD adjustment controls.

Think of it as a pose set for the MFD, itself. :)

edited December 1969

As stated above, only the 20 poses it was designed for will look perfect without any effort, however should the desired pose be similar to one of those 20, it is a good starting point. If you need a radically different pose, then the morphs serve as just another set of ways to try and drag the dress into the desired shape.

An interesting use is to apply only half the morph, and fit G2F to that. For example, in pose 14 above, imagine the leg is only lifted up part way, and then use the fitting morph partially dialled. Likewise roughly half of pose 16 will show G2F part way towards a crouching position. Both examples are illustrated in my pictures below.

In theory you could even use it for an animation, but I have not tested this, and I suspect a fair amount of tweaking would be needed to get it to look good.

If this had been for any other product than MFD, I might have passed. But the MFD has zillions of options and textures sets available, so it is always nice to have new options to make it even better.

MFD16-Half.png
    1425 x 879 - 322K
    MFD14-Half.png
    1425 x 879 - 694K
    edited December 1969

I actually did play around a bit with one of my earlier outfits and Puppeteer.......was fun to watch the morph dials move madly back and forth as it went through the recorded Puppeteer thingy...... never did anything with that idea though. Might be fun to see what someone else could do with it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I'd love to see something similar for the Genesis 1 MFD.

• tekno_dragontekno_dragon Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

I'd love to see something similar for the Genesis 1 MFD.

I would also like to see G1 MFD pose packs like this plz.