Is that true that Carrara 9 Pro comes with a Game engine?!

Is that really true that future version of Carrara 9 Pro comes with a Game engine which support devices such as iOS, Android, XBox, PS3, PC, Mac and a web player for an one off fee?! There is a huge market for an all-in-one software.

Post edited by manickavasagarvigneswaran_57b23e5bca on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

:lol:%-P:vampire:

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited August 2012

Well, since there isn't a Carrara 9 yet, the answer is no. But assuming you're talking about 8 Pro, I think the answer is still no. But I don't know anything about game engines, so I'm totally unqualified to answer.

But I will anyway...

I don't think Carrara has what you're asking. At most it might be able to export to a game engine using FBX or something. Oh, and BTW, we're still waiting since almost a year ago for C8.5, which is has been in beta since then.

Unless you've heard something about a C9 thru the London grapevine that we know nothing about. When you say "is that really true..." it sounds like you've heard someone say something.

BTW, if you want to have some fun, it's real easy to get a lot of folks here spun up with little more than some unfounded gossip and rumors and conspiracy theories about DAZ and Carrara. You could probably have this thread go on for months if you want to.

I'm just sayin'....

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited August 2012

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE !!!!

Earlier, in a different thread, you asked about an FBX plugin for Carrara 8 Pro....

You specifically mentioned Carrara 8, not 9. Which means you already know about Carrara 8 being the latest version. But in this thread you specifically mention Carrara 9, not Carrara 8..

OMG !!!! You guys know what that means??? He knows something about Carrara 9 !!!

Okay, tell us dude, what have you heard? Clearly C9 will have a complete game engine. That's a fact. No sense denying it. And you also said is "that" true? Which means you heard something in particular.

Wow. this is huge. Carrara 9 with a full game engine. Thanks for the info dude. That's awesome.

What else do you know about it? I heard someone say they saw a post on the internet somewhere saying that someone heard a friend say that he thinks the new Carrara will have a built in Marvelous Designer plugin, and the industry's best implementation of Bullet dynamics yet. That would be awesome. So now that's two things we know for certain about C9. How cool is that?

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There wont be a carrara 8.5. Do to cost over runs DAZ will go to Carrara 9 to charge the full upgrade price, which has risen substantially since the last build. Figure spending as much on the C9 pro upgrade as the cost of C8 new.

Complete speculation. Just don't be surprised.

The fact is carrara can be used with many game engines, you just need to prep and export content int he right format.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

the OP is having a joke but as ManStan said, not that far off.
    Carrara rigged bones (and animation) indeed export to iClone, Unity, Unreal and Blender in my own experience.
    it has a physics engine
    with a few third party plugins it could be used to make a game.
    the SDK is available for making those plugins (I even have a copy of the SDK, God knows why?????)
    just need coders with the abilty and eagerness to write the script, that is the crunch.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE !!!!

Earlier, in a different thread, you asked about an FBX plugin for Carrara 8 Pro....

You specifically mentioned Carrara 8, not 9. Which means you already know about Carrara 8 being the latest version. But in this thread you specifically mention Carrara 9, not Carrara 8..

OMG !!!! You guys know what that means??? He knows something about Carrara 9 !!!

Okay, tell us dude, what have you heard? Clearly C9 will have a complete game engine. That's a fact. No sense denying it. And you also said is "that" true? Which means you heard something in particular.

Wow. this is huge. Carrara 9 with a full game engine. Thanks for the info dude. That's awesome.

What else do you know about it? I heard someone say they saw a post on the internet somewhere saying that someone heard a friend say that he thinks the new Carrara will have a built in Marvelous Designer plugin, and the industry's best implementation of Bullet dynamics yet. That would be awesome. So now that's two things we know for certain about C9. How cool is that?

I'll do you one better! I heard that DAZ was buying Blender to integrate it's intuitive UI and fluid dynamics with D/S Studio, and eventually Carrara!

• edited December 1969

CARRARA 9?????

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

CARRARA 9?????

Easy Rich! It's a joke. No need to lock and load just yet! :cheese:

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

CARRARA 9?????

Easy Rich! It's a joke. No need to lock and load just yet! :cheese:

It's a joke and a funny one at that!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"DAZ was buying Blender to integrate it’s intuitive UI"

:lol: best one yet :lol:

• TRockTRock Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Daz will be the next big Renderosity. No C8.5 or C9. Just ask them..

Blender has become very comfortable, for what I do.
    With the status of Daz, I've learned to move on over the past several years. Sometimes we all need a little push out of our comfort zone.

:)