Pose Builder & Pose Converter Support Thread [Commercial]

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Hi Guys. Draagonstorm and myself have been slaving away to create something really cool and fun to use. Introducing Pose Builder. In a nutshell, it gives you the ability to mix and combine poses, or areas of poses from Genesis, G2F and G2M.

You can even mix areas of a female pose with that of a male or creature. You can also load up a full pose and zero out areas and add in different options from other poses. Also includes a one click Pose Mirror option and the ability to save your pose creations. Here are a few shots of the product. Will post more examples and how it works soon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Capture5.JPG
632 x 686 - 49K
Capture4.JPG
1156 x 857 - 274K
Capture3.JPG
1405 x 882 - 117K
Capture2.JPG
1133 x 822 - 95K
Capture.JPG
1208 x 851 - 123K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

i think this will another "must buy" :)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

This looks amazing! I always find realistic posing the toughest to do , next to lighting of course. Looking forward to seeing more on this product :)

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited January 2015

Another of my needs met!

Especially love that you can mix human and creature poses together. This stuff comes in hugely useful when you're trying to pose characters with geo-grafted body parts on them, such as the Succubus Add-Ons' serpent trunk or Reptilian 6 legs. There are definitely times you only want, say, a unique arm or torso pose and nothing else.

And being able to mix-and-match different elements of Genesis, G2F and G2M poses together, as we please, for any of the genders (and, amazingly, for Genesis)... I can't even imagine how many times I've wished for that feature (even needed it and had to spend ages manually creating the desired combinations).

EDIT: And I see the the must-have option of being able to mirror any pose!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited January 2015

" There are definitely times you only want, say, a unique arm or torso pose and nothing else."

That is exactly how this concept came to mind:) It was something I always wish I could do. Just had to find out a convenient and simple way to make it work, so we built this. :cheese:

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

I combine parts of poses all the time, so this will be very helpful. Sure beats selecting children, double-clicking a pose and holding down CTRL, then designating that the pose should only apply to selected parts. This product looks great!

--MW

edited January 2015

Here are the Promos.

Popup_4.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 356K
    Popup_3.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 377K
    Popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 378K
    Popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 384K
    Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 696K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2015

Some more promo pics.

Popup_8.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 408K
    Popup_7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 426K
    Popup_6.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 369K
    Popup_5.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 352K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

yeah, instant buy I think. :D :D

Is it fairly easy to use?

edited December 1969

Very:) I'm busy with a promo vid where you will be able to see it in action, and you can judge from there.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

So will we be able to use the generation3 & 4 poses with the Genesis1&2 figures with this,adjust them and then save them out??

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited January 2015

carrie58 said:
    So will we be able to use the generation3 & 4 poses with the Genesis1&2 figures with this,adjust them and then save them out??

The pose files need to be in .duf format... Which there are very few in that format for Gen3 and Gen4.

Also poses made for Gen3 and Gen4 really wouldn't work that well with Genesis, G2F or G2M, since they have extra bones.

But if you wanted to try... You could convert the Gen3 and Gen4 poses to .duf files and give it try.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Ahhh okay ....hmmm I've been saving poses as PZ2's even for my Genesis 1&2 figures .....cause honestly I find saving poses in DS to be a pain in the Kiester .....oh well more to learn ...
    Thanks for the quick response DragonStorm

edited December 1969

I've literally just had ten different projects/scenes, all in a row, which would have benefited hugely from this. So much time squandered by finding the right compromise of relevant base pose I can adapt and modify... Crossing my fingers this arrives sooner rather than later!

edited December 1969

Promo Vid finished. Here you can see the product in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfAH_OGBZ3g

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Promo Vid finished. Here you can see the product in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfAH_OGBZ3g

Ok, done! *hands over money to Zevo now*

:cheese:

This is looking awesome - something that I will use constantly.

Are you able to save the pose at the end if you wish?

edited February 2015

Yes you can, there is a save pose option in the script under the misc tab:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

I watched the video, but I didn't see... Is there a way to add individual hand poses to this, or do the poses have to inherit from the arm poses? (If not is this a possible future update?)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    I watched the video, but I didn't see... Is there a way to add individual hand poses to this, or do the poses have to inherit from the arm poses? (If not is this a possible future update?)

Ditto on that question. This product looks fairly useful, but getting the hands/wrists exactly right is usually the big bug-a-bear for me when I start mix and matching poses.

Also, you might want to post a higher resolution version of the video somewhere. The text on the 480p version on YouTube is incredibly hard to read:

FireShot_Screen_Capture_-_posebuilder_video.jpg
    1299 x 766 - 76K
    edited December 1969

It was decided on, to stop at the arm level...

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

But we can manually adjust the arms, writs, hands, etc correct?

I just picked this up and am super excited to play with it.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

As someone who regularly does the CTRL-right click option...

I'm not seeing the advantage of this over the "old"method from the promos. The video helps, but doesn't completely sell me on why this is better/easier/faster.

edited December 1969

The adjustments available within the script are: Abdomen, Abdomen2 and Pelvis to help blend an upper and lower pose.

edited December 1969

As someone who regularly does the CTRL-right click option...

I'm not seeing the advantage of this over the "old"method from the promos. The video helps, but doesn't completely sell me on why this is better/easier/faster.

There are always many paths to reach a goal. This script stream lines the CTRL-right click option. It let's the user play with different pose combinations with less 'mouse-clicks'... And there are other options dealing with poses in one-click buttons like zeroing just certain areas, mirror pose, save pose and others.

edited December 1969

Interesting results!

It hasn't been mentioned, but a feature I particularly like about this is that, if you're just using the perspective view to set everything up, Pose Builder actually creates a camera of its very own at exactly the same location and viewing angle. :)

I've run into one obstacle, so far... Had some issues trying to find the file location of where Daz Studio keeps the poses, but once I found them, Pose Builder seemed to work fine with the Genesis 2 stuff. I then experimented with Genesis - and here's the problem I've encountered.

Some Genesis pose packs are fine, but then I tried using a pose from this:

http://www.daz3d.com/agony-poses-and-expressions-for-genesis

Pose Builder refused to process them, which was disappointing, stating the it contained no '.duf' files. When I examined the folder, 'manually', it contains .png and .dsf files (Windows tells me that '.dsf' means 'DSON Support file') and, indeed, no '.duf' files.

I'm guessing that DUF files are typically what Daz uses to interpret pose data? Now, since Daz can usually interpret the 'Agony' set of poses (both for Genesis and Genesis 2) without problem, does this mean such circumstances weren't anticipated? Or that it will be updated to include sets like this?

Tremendous product, otherwise! :-) I'm just a bit worried, is all, because I have no idea which of my many pose sets might have this issue with Pose Builder and 'Agony' was a pack I particularly needed to break apart into upper/lower poses for a few scenes.

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

The adjustments available within the script are: Abdomen, Abdomen2 and Pelvis to help blend an upper and lower pose.

I understand this. Once we have dialed in our pose with Pose Builder, we can then make finer adjustments on our own though correct? Fine tuning if you will...

edited December 1969

I understand this. Once we have dialed in our pose with Pose Builder, we can then make finer adjustments on our own though correct? Fine tuning if you will...

As I understand it, yes. It doesn't lock the figure out from further changes. Just think of it as a way to generate pre-set poses.

The particularly wonderful thing about it is that you can just select an upper or lower or partial limb pose and it will only interpret that partial data, leaving everything else in teh pose you already had the figure in (or you can make it zero-pose something on the figure). This is just fantastic for figures which have leg or tail geografts on them, when you need those parts of a figure to remain as they are. :)

But, yes, all it does is to generate a new combination or partial pose from your existing sets. You can use it to create one, then modify it further, as with any other set.

edited December 1969

Interesting results!

It hasn't been mentioned, but a feature I particularly like about this is that, if you're just using the perspective view to set everything up, Pose Builder actually creates a camera of its very own at exactly the same location and viewing angle. :)

I've run into one obstacle, so far... Had some issues trying to find the file location of where Daz Studio keeps the poses, but once I found them, Pose Builder seemed to work fine with the Genesis 2 stuff. I then experimented with Genesis - and here's the problem I've encountered.

Some Genesis pose packs are fine, but then I tried using a pose from this:

http://www.daz3d.com/agony-poses-and-expressions-for-genesis

Pose Builder refused to process them, which was disappointing, stating the it contained no '.duf' files. When I examined the folder, 'manually', it contains .png and .dsf files (Windows tells me that '.dsf' means 'DSON Support file') and, indeed, no '.duf' files.

I'm guessing that DUF files are typically what Daz uses to interpret pose data? Now, since Daz can usually interpret the 'Agony' set of poses (both for Genesis and Genesis 2) without problem, does this mean such circumstances weren't anticipated? Or that it will be updated to include sets like this?

Tremendous product, otherwise! :-) I'm just a bit worried, is all, because I have no idea which of my many pose sets might have this issue with Pose Builder and 'Agony' was a pack I particularly needed to break apart into upper/lower poses for a few scenes.

For any other format other then .duf you will need to load that pose in DAZ Studio, and resave it in .duf format.

edited December 1969

As I understand it, yes. It doesn't lock the figure out from further changes. Just think of it as a way to generate pre-set poses.

The particularly wonderful thing about it is that you can just select an upper or lower or partial limb pose and it will only interpret that partial data, leaving everything else in teh pose you already had the figure in (or you can make it zero-pose something on the figure). This is just fantastic for figures which have leg or tail geografts on them, when you need those parts of a figure to remain as they are. :)

But, yes, all it does is to generate a new combination or partial pose from your existing sets. You can use it to create one, then modify it further, as with any other set.

Yes, once a pose is created in Pose Builder, you can make adjustments to it from within DAZ Studio.

edited December 1969

For any other format other then .duf you will need to load that pose in DAZ Studio, and resave it in .duf format.

Thanks. Never needed to save poses before. This'll be a first.

• personal.pizarropersonal.pizarro Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Sorry for my ignorance but How can I open the window editor of the extension?

:-(