braid prop quest

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,779
edited December 1969 in The Commons

A few years ago, I was lead to a braided prop, which may have been hair or sweetgrass (can't remember), but it would work great for either if not needed to close camera views. I've searched my old messages but fear it may have been in the old daz forums.

I'd like to use it to add braids to a dwarf's long beards, but can't seem to find it in my runtime and no longer know where I found it the first time. Ideas?

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,022
    edited December 2014

This is the only one I know of. http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=509.0

The one below I made, but my attempts to rig it all ended badly so its still just an .obj file.

BraidedHairTailTEST_001.jpg
    600 x 800 - 63K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,779
    edited December 1969

That was it :D Yours looks pretty good, too. When you say it's just an obj, do you mean it's not pose-able? I may not need it to be to just add to a beard. Is it available for download anywhere?

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,022
    edited December 1969

Glad I could help.

Mine is not pose-able and has no textures of it's own, but if you want to try it I can post it to shareCG or just e-mail it to you.

edited December 1969

I'd love to try it, and since others may want to also, go ahead and load it to SCG. I follow your gallery there :D

edited December 1969

Thanks, Ethin :D

Mod ... any way I can keep track of these links easier by merging this thread with my other thread? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/162/

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

A few years ago, I was lead to a braided prop, which may have been hair or sweetgrass (can't remember), but it would work great for either if not needed to close camera views. I've searched my old messages but fear it may have been in the old daz forums.

I'd like to use it to add braids to a dwarf's long beards, but can't seem to find it in my runtime and no longer know where I found it the first time. Ideas?

Check Braided Hair by Mortem Vetus over at RDNA. It has braided beard and hair. It's also on sale.

edited December 1969

Thanks :D I have both of those, but neither offer me the control I'm, going to need. Both hair and beard will be similar to this style, just fuller and dwarfish :D

133705_183122195041119_2837171_o.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 176K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited December 1969

Doesn't Neftis's Addition Hair have a braids add-on? Called Princess Braids or something? You'ld probably need to scale them down, and I don't know about how many bones they have, but I'd expect them to be at least somewhat posable.

edited December 1969

They do, but they're kinda girly in style.

Anyone have experience with this product: Demon Lord Hair M4 at rendo?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited December 1969

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it's Poser dynamic.

Have you taken a look at DarioFish's Dwarves for Genesis? It comes with braided beard clothing items. Don't know about the rigging. I don't care much for the texture work but am not sure how to fix it.

edited December 1969

Maybe I'm reading it wrong :(

"A complex hair style for Michael 4. Each braid is fully adjustable animation chain and contains from 16 to 40 segments allowing the hair to be posed in any way desired."

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=90022

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,325
    edited December 1969

One of the images in the Gallery is by Mavrosh and done in DS so it should work ok.
    As someone else suggested have you trued Dariofish's Dwarves, it comes with hair and braided beard
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hfs-races-dwarves/101900/

edited December 1969

I don't work with genesis if I can avoid it, lol, but it looks pretty good :D