edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I noticed C8.5 pro on sale for $65.00

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

For everybody or just PC members?

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

As a PC+ member that was what prompted me to get it in Aug.
    I saw how much of a sale it was and thought why not and am glad I did.
    Even if you only got a 3 month PC+ membership and bought it it would still save you money on the normal price.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

Carrara 8.5 Pro
    -40% $171.00

is the price I got when I logged out...so as said, joining PC for 3 mos definitely saves new purchasers who are not PC members.

Makes me hope that version 9 might not be far behind? IE, get more people to buy 8.5 pro so the upgrade will sell like hotcakes... please please please... what a Christmas pressie that would be if only dreams would come true!

:-P Silene

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

SileneUK said:

Carrara 8.5 Pro
    -40% $171.00

is the price I got when I logged out...so as said, joining PC for 3 mos definitely saves new purchasers who are not PC members.

Makes me hope that version 9 might not be far behind? IE, get more people to buy 8.5 pro so the upgrade will sell like hotcakes... please please please... what a Christmas pressie that would be if only dreams would come true!

:-P Silene

well if they don't do C9 - there is iClone 6 coming in time for Christmas :-)
    it looks great !

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

well if they don't do C9 - there is iClone 6 coming in time for Christmas :-)
    it looks great !

Been checking it out too, Looks awesome!! Lots of Genesis "Bundles" integrated as well,

• Rogue MaleRogue Male Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

hello, new forum poster here, I was looking at the Carrrara sale and noticed that there was a pro and a 8,5 stand alone content. Now do I need to purchase that along with the 8.5 pro or is it apart of the pro series? I looking at getting it in the next few minutes and wanted to make sure I did the right thing before I got it. Any answer will be greatly appreciated

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

hello, new forum poster here, I was looking at the Carrrara sale and noticed that there was a pro and a 8,5 stand alone content. Now do I need to purchase that along with the 8.5 pro or is it apart of the pro series? I looking at getting it in the next few minutes and wanted to make sure I did the right thing before I got it. Any answer will be greatly appreciated

you just need the pro version
    not both .

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited November 2014

When I bought C8.5 Pro, it came with both the Pro native content and the regular native content. Checking the store, the list of products that come with C8.5 Pro includes C8.5. Both versions are silent on the native content, but I would be very surprised if it didn't include the presets.

Edit: The pic is a partial screenshot of what comes with Pro - you should be able to see the 8.5 regular included bottom right.

stuff_that_comes_with_pro.JPG
    1346 x 908 - 226K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 1969

And I would definitely go Pro. Especially with the great price.

By the way, welcome future Carrara user! If you have questions about any aspect of Carrara, please ask!

There are some links you'll want to take a look at, if you haven't done so already.

The first couple are stickied threads at the top of the Carrara Discussion Forum.

Dartanbecks' Carrara Information Manual thread is a great place to start:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15970/

A great way to see how pieces of art are created in Carrara are our monthly Carrara challenges. There's always a WIP thread, and an entry thread where anybody with a DAZ 3D account can look at the submissions and vote for their favorites. This thread by diomede gathers links to all the previous challenge WIP threads, including our most recent. It's a great way to explore how people do things in Carrara. Even if you decide not to enter a challenge, there would be no reason not to ask a question if you see something you want to know more about.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45254/

Cripeman is a very knowledgeable Carrara user and a prolific producer of Carrara Youtube video tutorials. This thread is where he posts links to his tutorials.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1454/

The Carrara Cafe has a couple hundred tutorials in various formats gathered from various sources and submitted by users.
    http://carraracafe.com/

PhilW produces highly rated Carrara tutorials for Infinite Skills that can be purchased from the DAZ 3D store.
    http://www.daz3d.com/infinite-skills-inc

I'm sure there's more that I'm missing, but this should be plenty to get started!

Happy rendering!

• edited December 1969

Is this a sale or a FIRE SALE? I sure hope Carrara has a future.....

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No It's all part of the PC Anniversary celebrations.

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Ya but its impossible to find Carrara on the site anymore, or any other software other than DS.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    Ya but its impossible to find Carrara on the site anymore, or any other software other than DS.

Tha_Rogue_Male mentioned buying it a few posts back. Let's see if we can make this a positive experience for a new user.

edited December 1969

Is this a sale or a FIRE SALE? I sure hope Carrara has a future.....

This was a thread started by akulla3D letting folks know about a great Carrara sale. This is not a FUD thread. There's enough of that out there if you just look, so no need to infect another thread and scare away potential new users for some theory that has no basis in actual fact.

If you want doom and gloom, there's always the Rendo forum for that.... ;-)

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Ya I know how to search for it. But new users will have not clue it even exists.

edited November 2014

akulla3D said:

Ya I know how to search for it. But new users will have not clue it even exists.

I do understand what you are saying

▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼

Post edited by Chohole on
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited November 2014

Bought Pro version for $55 dollars with a recent coupon. Definitely going to be a learning curve on this, but it looks to be a tremendous bargain.

Post edited by nobody1954 on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249
    edited December 1969

Bought Pro version for $55 dollars with a recent coupon. Definitely going to be a learning curve on this, but it looks to be a tremendous bargain. I feel that it's a tremendous bargain without even being on sale at all! ;) Such an amazing system!

Yes, learning curve :ahhh: but you'll see that it's not a harsh one. :)

chohole said:

Me too, and many others. I have learned that it is a known issue. Whether that means it'll be fixed, I don't know. I hope so.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Bought Pro version for $55 dollars with a recent coupon. Definitely going to be a learning curve on this, but it looks to be a tremendous bargain. I feel that it's a tremendous bargain without even being on sale at all! ;) Such an amazing system!

Yes, learning curve :ahhh: but you'll see that it's not a harsh one. :)

chohole said:

Me too, and many others. I have learned that it is a known issue. Whether that means it'll be fixed, I don't know. I hope so.

I used your installation guide, and your Youtube videos were the first I found. Thank you very much. Much going on in the real world, but hope to get to work on it soon.

edited December 1969

I'm (unfortunately for me) in the same boat, right now. It's driving me CRAZY!!! :ahhh:

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited November 2014

self removed

Post edited by Box8068_31c338ee4b on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

Can this program be used to create anything as good as the Green Lantern or Beware the Batman CG shows?

• eponicaeponica Posts: 197
    edited December 1969

I just got Carrara last week on the sale, with a coupon-- $59! :)

After just a few days of playing with this, I can conclusively say it's the best $59 I've ever spent. This program is INCREDIBLE!! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    Can this program be used to create anything as good as the Green Lantern or Beware the Batman CG shows?
    I think so, given the right motivation and imagination.
    I have made this video with nothing more than test renders that I made to test various things as a Carrara newbie.
    Just a Bit of Fun
    I know a lot more now, but don't have any of my current stuff uploaded. It's under lock and key until I finish my first real episode.
    I just got Carrara last week on the sale, with a coupon-- $59! :) After just a few days of playing with this, I can conclusively say it's the best $59 I've ever spent. This program is INCREDIBLE!! :cheese:
    I am so glad to hear you say that! I really look forward to seeing your progress! You just seem to me to be... how do they say that... Motivated! :)
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

hmm...
    Thank you for the reply.

• eponicaeponica Posts: 197
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Dartanbeck ^_^

I Am motivated! *Squeals with glee at the Wonderful Carrara Hair System*

edited December 1969

I haven't seen the Green Lantern or Beware the Batman shows yet... I'll have to check them out. I've been meaning to anyways. I am a huge Star Wars The Clone Wars CG show fan. The new Rebels on Disney is cool... but nothing like Clone Wars was.
    After enjoying the series, I go back and watch for ideas for my animations, settings and effects.

edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    hmm...
    Thank you for the reply.

Sci-Fi Funk is working on his series. I don't think I've seen the series you mentioned.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/49172/

Not trying to be flip or condescending here, however, the thing to remember is that those programs have production departments that split the work up. Granted, TV programs tend to have smaller staff and budgets than movie productions, so I'm sure there are folks that wear different hats on different days... But the point remains, they pay for, and use the talents of multiple people to model, rig, texture, animate, light, record sound, composite, etc. etc. etc.

Can it be done? Probably. But there is much to learn within each of those areas I mentioned above. Carrara has a very good toolset. Some of those tools can be a bit clunky, or not as efficient when compared to the big programs out there, such as Maya, C4D and others. The again, you won't be able to get a copy of any of those for what you can get Carrara for.

edited December 1969

I've seen previews for Green Hornet while watching Clone Wars and it looks very good. I am very enthused that there's one for Batman as well! :)