rigmesh Stu Sutcliff would like this!!!

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
edited July 2012 in Carrara Discussion

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=59&t=1050475&page=1&pp=15
like Sculptris with bones!
and FREEWARE
No, I have not tried it yet,
downloaded it though (just the zip on my Android to put on 'puter later)
was posted on the Reallusion forum.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited July 2012

well results in Carrara not good, mesh has no xyz reference values
    just a bounding box and though you can see it in the vertex room, uv mapping it results in failure to render in assembly room
    I got something into iClone 3Dxchange and subsequently iClone but it was a flashing thing no matter how I uv mapped it
    uploaded out of the box video to Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZybAVaMNw0

Untitled.jpg
    245 x 706 - 68K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

in Rigmesh
    in fbx viewer
    in Carrara
    in iClone 3dx5

Untitled4.jpg
    1916 x 1050 - 335K
    Untitled.jpg
    1896 x 1013 - 307K
    Untitled3.jpg
    974 x 843 - 122K
    Untitled2.jpg
    1884 x 1024 - 270K
    edited December 1969

autosmooth in iClone 5dx5 fixed the mesh which I then uv mapped
    boning not pretty
    disappears and reappears animated

rigmesh.gif
    400 x 400 - 603K
    Untitled2.jpg
    1916 x 1043 - 296K
    Untitled.jpg
    1908 x 1042 - 363K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I know they're not calling it a beta, but from reading the posts you link to, it's a beta. Not even a beta from a company. Sounds to me like it's a graduate student project, or some other type of academic project as they mention getting published. Not that there's anything wrong with it, in fact it sounds very interesting, but when you mess with software at this stage, you get what you pay for. I would say, keep the devs. informed of the progress you're making and the issues you have and maybe you'll get a citation in their paper, and a nice finished piece of software. Eventually.

edited December 1969

lol! there is no way in hell I am joining and posting ANYTHING on CGtalk forum :red:
    this little Daz dolly user would get eaten for breakfast by those REAL modellers! ;-P

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited July 2012

Hey there Wendy! I downloaded this ages a go....It just would not even run....so I just binned it! I really cant be bothered these days. It looked intrigueing. Maybe I will take another look. It may install now! I thought it may have been usefull to block stuff out to import into 3dCoat. Ive finally kicked animation into touch,lifes too short.I just render ONE frame now. I've not been doing much at all recently,its like there is a big switch in my brain marked "artistic endeavors"....thats been switched off. I do admire your perseverence though Wendy!

Post edited by stu sutcliffe on