Gen4 poses slightly off with Genesis

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all,

I have always used the pinup pose packages for the basis of almost all of my poses. While they tend to be designed for "sexy" poses, the breakdown for arms, legs, lowers, uppers, etc allows me to adjust them to "close enough" points and manually edit from there, giving me great functionality for V4/m4/k4/ you name it!

However, genesis tends to be a little iffy with these, and I'm sure it's because there are more points or different limits or what have you. I know genX allows for Gen4 MORPHS, is there a similar utility to fix gen4 poses?

Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DavidGB has a freebie to improve this: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=177719

For more power and options, you can get PoseMaster in the DAZ store.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Perfect, works great. Thanks!

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the link. The script says it's an adjustment script for V4. How well would it work with M4, or K4, or even Gen3 poses?

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I've not tried it (I prefer to adjust poses manually), but the splitting of abdomen rotations between abdomen1 and abdomen2 should work fine for other Gen4s and probably for the Gen 3s, for the other adjustments it's probably going to be a case by case basis as to whether they help or hinder.

• joelegeckojoelegecko Posts: 64
    edited July 2012

WOW. I didn't know about that script. I just tested it and honestly it works really great. Just one click and the pose on Genesis is almost perfect ( worked on M4 poses as well even if minor tweaks are to be expected ). Thank you DavidGB. Nice work !

* script should actually be included with Studio to be honest *
    Nota Bene : you can quickly access the script even while browsing your V4/M4 poses in your Poser runtime. Just right click on the script and pick " Create Custom Action ". You may want to change the name for a shorter one. You will then be able to access it anytime from the top menu.
    This is how I access my special MATs or how I quicly load Genesis. Very straightforward and easy. If you never did, give it a try ;)

Post edited by joelegecko on