What textures with freckled arms/torsoes are there? Male in particular

Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for character textures with noticeable freckles on their bodies (upper backs and shoulders in particular, and preferably backs of hands, too). It's one of those things that are not always easy to tell from the promo renders, unfortunately.

So in case you have a character like that in your runtime, could you please say where you got it from?

I'm primarily interested in male characters (although it would be cool to see female options, too), and I don't mind if the textures are for older figures (I still use Gen3 often, and even older ones).

Elite Jeremy is a good example of what I am looking for:
http://www.daz3d.com/m4-elite-texture-jeremy

There is also a nice character for D3 at Rendo that I also have (I'm not sure if it's okay to link to Rendo products here, but the name of the product is LMN Dark Raeven).

Thanks everyone =)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited December 1969

Have you considered Zev0's skin overlay products in the store? You can add freckles to textures you own, as long as they use a compatible UV.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Colin immediately came to mind. Nathen comes with options for some freckles or extra freckles. For females, there are quite a few, includingAmy and Katie from the Elite series for V4.

And I agree with barbult, the Skin Overlays are awesome.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Thank you guys. Nathen looks awesome.

Does Colin have a non-tattooed option? The promos only show the tattoo.

As for Zev0's overlays... first of all, there's a lot of products with similar names in his store, and I keep getting thoroughly confused which ones are variations of which and what's inside each. What would be "the" product to get? I am only interested in textures, not LIE presets and/or randomizing scripts.

Then, I'd like to know how much variety his freckle maps offer: are there at least a few different distributions of freckles provided, or is there just one set of freckles, and the rest of the maps are blemishes, wrinkles etc.

edited October 2014

Zev0's script based overlays use LIE. You can choose 3 levels of freckles (less, more, etc.) but I don't think there are any different patterns of freckles. It sounds like the script based version is not the product you are looking for, if you don't want LIE. There is also a merchant resource version that would let you use Photoshop (or similar) to overlay the freckles on a texture file and save it as a new texture. That might give you more flexibility. I haven't used that product.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Barbult. I certainly don't want to pay more for the script I won't use. I hope somebody will chime in to confirm if the merchant resource packages are more flexible.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Consider Edinburgh from Rendo. Callum (?) has freckles, not sure if on bodyparts that interest you though.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Just checked Colin...he does have a no-tat option.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited December 1969

Thank you guys. Nathen looks awesome.

Does Colin have a non-tattooed option? The promos only show the tattoo.

If you read the "what's included" info the tattoo is listed separately. That suggests to me that it's optional. If it's for a teen character base there may not be gens though.

edited December 1969

Good to know, Scott; thank you.

JOdel said:

If you read the "what's included" info the tattoo is listed separately. That suggests to me that it's optional. If it's for a teen character base there may not be gens though.

Yeah, on carefully scrutinising the page my guess was that it should be an option (because there are four limb texture maps listed, and only three for other matzones), but I wanted to be sure.

And it's okay if there are no gen maps - I don't think I even have G2M gens, and I don't do full nudes, anyway.

Consider Edinburgh from Rendo. Callum (?) has freckles, not sure if on bodyparts that interest you though.

I checked Edinburgh out, but the promos don't show shoulders and hands close enough =(( If you have him, could you please post a quick render?

edited December 1969

I don't have M4 installed at the moment, but I checked the maps themselves. And sadly, only a few beauty marks are there, the freckles are only on his face.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053
    edited December 1969

Bell for V4 has freckled shoulders and hands, and it also include a male face texture : http://www.daz3d.com/bell-for-a4-and-v4

edited December 1969

Hey, if K4 is okay with you, Roddy has many freckles on arms and hands: http://www.daz3d.com/roddy-for-kids4!

edited December 1969

Leana said:
    Bell for V4 has freckled shoulders and hands, and it also include a male face texture : http://www.daz3d.com/bell-for-a4-and-v4

That's an amazing find, so many options! Thank you.

I don't have M4 installed at the moment, but I checked the maps themselves. And sadly, only a few beauty marks are there, the freckles are only on his face.

Hey, if K4 is okay with you, Roddy has many freckles on arms and hands: http://www.daz3d.com/roddy-for-kids4! Thanks for checking the maps... Hmmm, the K4 Roddy looks nice, too - I can't recall at the moment if K4 UV mapping is compatible with Gen4 adult figures? It would be also nice to know if the bumps are freckle-free. I trust Morris' textures are perfect in this regard, but this particular vendor I'm not familiar with.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053
    edited December 1969

Glad you like Bell, she's been in my runtime for a good number of years now but she's still one of my favorites :)

K4 UV are not the same as V4 or M4 but since they're based on the same mesh it's pretty easy to add the K4 UVs to them in DS. I've used K4 textures on V4 a few times.
    No ideas on the bump maps as I don't have the character but from memory Diane's textures are pretty good.

edited December 1969

One disappointment with Colin - the bump map appears to be just a desaturated diffuse map. When rendered close up, the freckles indent into his skin and look more like acne scars than freckles. When I look at the bump map and see black eyebrows (which will recede into the skin rather than poke out from the skin), I know it will not be top quality.
    edited December 1969

Leana said:

K4 UV are not the same as V4 or M4 but since they're based on the same mesh it's pretty easy to add the K4 UVs to them in DS. I've used K4 textures on V4 a few times.

Good to know, thank you!

One disappointment with Colin - the bump map appears to be just a desaturated diffuse map. When rendered close up, the freckles indent into his skin and look more like acne scars than freckles. When I look at the bump map and see black eyebrows (which will recede into the skin rather than poke out from the skin), I know it will not be top quality.

Thanks a lot for posting the info... for me it means Colin moves to the bottom of my "purchase queue".
    Black eyebrows on the bump are relatively easy to fix, but fixing freckles is nigh impossible.

edited October 2014

I don't mean to scare you completely away from Colin. I just mean that I was disappointed in the quality if the supporting maps. Whether it bothers you or not, will depend on your lighting, the size you render, and how picky you are. Here's a render so you can assess it for yourself. His left cheek (right side of the image) is what looks pock marked to me, caused by the dark freckles in the bump map. The eyebrows look unnatural, too, to me. With different lighting or from a distance, it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Colin still may serve your needs, but you may be able to find better. The hard part is knowing before you buy.

Edited to add a head and shoulders render of the Colin texture.

Colin_in_the_barn_Zac_Hair_head_and_shoulders.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
    Colin_in_the_barn_Zac_Hair_2.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I don't mean to scare you completely away from Colin. I just mean that I was disappointed in the quality if the supporting maps. Whether it bothers you or not, will depend on your lighting, the size you render, and how picky you are. Here's a render so you can assess it for yourself. His left cheek (right side of the image) is what looks pock marked to me, caused by the dark freckles in the bump map. The eyebrows look unnatural, too, to me. With different lighting or from a distance, it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Colin still may serve your needs, but you may be able to find better. The hard part is knowing before you buy.

Edited to add a head and shoulders render of the Colin texture.

I understand, and thank you very much for the renders. It's just that I always prioritise things because I don't have a big hobby budget =) So I think I'll get the other characters first (definitely starting with Bell), and then, if I still need even more variety or maybe some extra spare money, Colin some time later.

And I am real picky actually =) Anyway, I guess that it should be possible to use some other bump map with Colin, with a little editing (replacing the eyebrows while making them properly stand out, and maybe copying birth marks over, too).