daz studio crashes when i add new content to my libary or save a file.

fredyfrankle2fredyfrankle2 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi I have been using daz studio 4 for seven months and in the last two its started to have issues. when ever i save a new file it crashes ive been told this has something to do with a bug when it tries to make a thumbnail image but what can i do to fix that?
also when ever i install new content into my library daz 4 crashes when ever i click on the file to access the content does any one know how to fix this? im stuck importing everything.

any help would be great thank you!

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Regarding problem 1, if that is indeed the issue, you can try this script: http://www.sharecg.com/v/51967/related/8/Script/Guandalugs-Quick-Save-for-DAZ-Studio which saves scenes but avoids rendering thumbnails. I'm a bit doubtful that it is truly DS's fault since it worked properly for several months.
    Problem 2 sounds like an Explorer issue (if you are on Windows, that is). The first thing I'd try to troubleshoot this is to reinstall DAZ Studio. Make sure to reboot between uninstall and reinstall.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Hi I have been using daz studio 4 for seven months and in the last two its started to have issues. when ever i save a new file it crashes ive been told this has something to do with a bug when it tries to make a thumbnail image but what can i do to fix that?
    also when ever i install new content into my library daz 4 crashes when ever i click on the file to access the content does any one know how to fix this? im stuck importing everything.

any help would be great thank you!

What are the specifications of this system?
    Where are you trying to save content?
    Does it crash when you click on save, during the save or just as it's about to finish?

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited July 2012

also when ever i install new content into my library daz 4 crashes when ever i click on the file to access the content

I think you need to specify for people whether you're trying to access the content via the Content Library tab, or the Smart Content tab, as they get to the files via completely different methods.

Post edited by DWG on