How do I load a .dsf morpg file into a scene?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Lets say I've created a scene with a Genesis figure. After I created the scene, I've made some some new morphs for the genesis figure. When I load the daz scene file, the new morphs I created since making the scene don't show up - only the morphs that were in place when I created the scene. How can I make the program import a dsf morph file in to the scene? Please don't tell me I have to convert them to objects and load them with morph loader.

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Add a new genesis to the scene, remove the old one, undo the remove, the old one should then have the new morphs, remove the new one, continue on...

• edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Add a new genesis to the scene, remove the old one, undo the remove, the old one should then have the new morphs, remove the new one, continue on...

That didn't work for me. The new Gensesis has the new morphs and they are only available for that Gensesis, not the original in the scene. When I delete the original and undo the delete, the morphs are still not available for that Genesis.

Its just seems they's be a way to import a dsf morph file.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870
    edited December 1969

That's not quite it - select the old Genesis, double-click on the base Genesis in the library and when asked what you want to do choose to apply it to the current figure rather than loading a new figure, then undo to get the pose and materials back (or save and then apply a .duf/.dsf character preset).

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Whoops, sorry about that. That's what happens when I go from memory instead of doing it as I type.

• edited December 1969

That's not quite it - select the old Genesis, double-click on the base Genesis in the library and when asked what you want to do choose to apply it to the current figure rather than loading a new figure, then undo to get the pose and materials back (or save and then apply a .duf/.dsf character preset).

Hooray :)!

That did it, thanks to both of you .

• spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

... select the old Genesis, double-click on the base Genesis in the library and when asked what you want to do choose to apply it to the current figure rather than loading a new figure, then undo to get the pose and materials back...

I suppose it's good that there's a way to do this. But as a sw development pro I will say that it seems like an exploit and seems pretty cheesy. To get the desired effect - new morph on an old figure - you are counting on the Undo not really working 100%. A correctly working Undo would not have the effect you want; it would, um,undo everything. And the fact that undo does not work correctly in a number of cases is a bug (well, a number of bugs) and should be fixed at some point, no?

The exploit you describe would have saved me some script time... for somewhat similar case I wrote a "subMeIn" script to copy all the poses etc to the new figure, after running the script I delete the old figure and go forward with the new one. Though I've had to delete and re-create all clothing items too; after once invoking "Apply smoothing modifier" on a piece of clothing fitted to a figure, it seems nothing I can do will make that piece of clothing ever work correctly with a different figure. Even so, my script has been useful to me and I learned yet a bit more in the process.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure it's a bug - generally Undo doesn't undo adding stuff (you can't undo loading a figure or prop, though you can undo adding a DForm) so it may be designed to work that way. You can also, as I said, avoid the undo set by saving a dsf/duf character preset which will refresh but reapply the existing settings.

• Hey, I finally figured out how to get a .dsf 3rd party morph to load into Daz 4.9.  I thought I'd tried everything.  Then, I was hunting for anything and right clicked on the dsf file I had copied into my Figures/Genesis 2 Female/Characters folder.  I went to the bottom selection "Create Custom Action."  I did that, then went under the "Scripts" on the main menu bar and there it was.  I clicked on it under "Scripts" and the morph finally showed up under my "Actors" in the "Shaping" tab.  I swear, I didn't find anything on any site or video to tell me how to do this.

I'm posting this in case it helps anyone else who's struggling with 3rd party morphs.

Eric

• If it's a morph asset it shouldn't be in the \people folde at all - it should be in \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\Some folder.

• If you could point me to the correct tutorial or page info, that would help a lot.  After placing the files in just about every possible folder, using the "Create Custom Action" was the only method that actually made the DSF do anything.  Otherwise, I could drag it and apply to figure all day long - no errors, just also no effect.

I'm sure experienced users must know how this is supposed to work.  But, I have had no other success.

• Is this a freebie? if so, do you ahve a link?