Way to get a more basic interface back?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
edited December 1969 in New Users

My oriignal install of daz, was from the basic version, and I continued to upgrade from there. I am now using the 4.5 beta Along the way the program kept a lot of those basic interface layout. (content was on the right for example).

Well, after performing a clean install my layout has changed and is way too busy and completely different than what I'm used to. Is there a way to get that more rudimentary interface back? I don't for example need half the stuff on my dashboard area, and I don't animate, so I just sort of want my content, parameter controls and shaders like it was in the more basic version.

I've tried customizing it, but is there a way to get the older interface back? I confess, I'm completely lost with the new look and feel, and just want a more basic interface.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,658
    edited December 1969

Window>Workspace>Select layout will let you pick one of the other predefined layouts. If that doesn't help perhaps you could post a screenshot of your current layout and scribble in the changes you'd like, we may then be able to suggest ways to handle it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Okay, this is the way it used to look, and the way I like it. Hah hah, don't laugh at my primative-ness. HEE But this is the old 4.0 interface and this is sort of the way I like it to look, plus the way I've used it since forever. I like the content front and center on the left side with actors wardrobes and props. I like on the left side having easy access to my parameter stuff for movemet without having to open a little carrot menu.

old_way.jpg
    607 x 376 - 58K
    edited December 1969

This is the way it looks now, and I can't find a durn thing.

NEW-WAY.jpg
    1212 x 826 - 113K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,658
    edited December 1969

Looking at the previews, if you go to Window>Workspace>Select Layout and pick Hollywood Boulevard you should get your old layout, more or less - have you tried that?

edited December 1969

Thanks so much Richard! You helped me. For some reason I thought the Workspace/Style were the same thing. But its not! thanks Richard!! =-)