Why is D/S4.6.1.33 AND the latest ... no longer communicating with CMS - NM

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited June 2014 in The Commons

Why?

It was working ... starting going quirky a little while back when I was converting .cr2s to triax figures .... had to use the Ctrl + Alt + Del to stop CMS so I could restart it and D/S again. That's not working anymore. Neither is restarting the computer.
Neither did reinstalling the program.
Neither did uninstalling the program and then installing the program.
D/S no longer communicates with the CMS ... why????

For a short while tonight while it was, it was choking on "Genesis" in the Content Library.
Installed some new purchases tonight but did no converting or anything.
Installed by copy/merging files together.

Amongst the things I tried, I reset the data base and asked it to re-import the metadata.
it choked on the fancy supersuit.
So cancelled that.

Installed only show the installed content that came with the program to be imported BUT absolutely nothing shows up in Smart Content.
No smart content or anything else requiring CMS.

tyi

okay ... I deinstalled the mess and installed the latest.

SAME problem. CMS is "running" allegedly but D/S cannot communicate with it. This means it does not even OPEN.
It freezes while trying to communicate with it.

If CMS is turned off by the task manager ['cause it won't work via its own control thing], then D/S will open but obviously at half mast.

nm ... can only conclude that the darn thing has "timed out" and is passe or something ... giving the next a chance and so far it's maybe working. ... very long list of metadata to re-import, let's hope that doesn't kill it too.

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

CMS installs with any version of DAZ Studio if it is not already installed.

If it is there (installed) a reinstall of DS does not replace it, you need to uninstall CMS first then reinstall DAZ Studio (which will install the latest version of CMS)

If you install the PostgreSQL database, you do not need CMS at all. It seems to work a lot better than the Valentina one that CMS uses.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

CMS installs with any version of DAZ Studio if it is not already installed.

If it is there (installed) a reinstall of DS does not replace it, you need to uninstall CMS first then reinstall DAZ Studio (which will install the latest version of CMS)

If you install the PostgreSQL database, you do not need CMS at all. It seems to work a lot better than the Valentina one that CMS uses.

Sadly the Valentina CMS and D/S would not communicate with each other no matter how everything was re-installed.
    I wanted to try a basic OS launch but for some reason whoever put together this computer didn't think we'd ever want to do that so I cannot tell if another program was interfering. Was not running AV [offline computer].

I ran both the installer things [through DIM] for the PostgreSQL and whatever happened, at least the program seems to now be working.

On W7Pro, 64 bit.