Erasing/clearing timeline?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,613
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm animated a rather involved scene in DAZ Studio and thought I'd clean it up by copying the project and then deleting the first 5 seconds of animation and just proceeding with the same set of items for several more shots. So one project would have the first few seconds of the sequence and the second project would have the rest. I succeeded in copying the project, but now wonder how to deliver the timeline and all the keyframes in it. Ideally, I'd have the last frame become frame 0 somehow. Andy thoughts?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

Go to the last frame of your Timeline. From the File Menu do Save As>Scene Subset. Enter a File name and set the Save path, at the menu of items Select all. Save as new file.
    Do a New or close and reopen DAZ Studio.
    Load the Subset, it now has no Animation... if any item holds animation select it in the Scene Tab, then Open the Parameters Tab use the Mini Menu> Clear Animation and select the proper option.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,613
    edited December 1969

This helps a bit. The scene subset brought along all the animated frames, however. Where do I find the Parameters tab in order to "clear animation?" I thought this might be by right clicking on the item in the scene window, but there's no parameters there.

edited December 1969

Is this the same parameters tab in which I change things like rotation and scale?

edited December 1969

Oh, found it…that little mini menu icon hiding in the corner. There are worlds within worlds...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did you Set the Timeline scrubber to the very last frame before you Saved the Subset? I tested it and only had one frame to clear on my camera using the Parameters Tab menus.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 2014

Just adding a screen-cap, as not all of the mini-menu's have that "Clear Animation" option. The one at the bottom with the animation bare didn't on whatever theme this is. Some hunting may be needed to find it.

And the other way. Slide the arrow to the “Key Frame” you want to remove, then click that ‘key’ thing with the ‘x’ in it. In my case, I started at the far right, and slid it back till stuff started moving, to find where the key-frames were. And clicked ‘Remove key frame’ thing around that spot in the time line, till the pose reverted to the former key-frame pose. then repeated that, till I was back to where I wanted to start over from.

And even then, If you want to remove everything except the first frame, it will take a bit. To say nothing of setting that last frame at '0' saving the scene, closing Studio, re-opening Studio, and pulling that scene back up. A task that is so simple to do to the piano roll in SonarX1, is near impossible in "aniMate Lite" with Daz Studio.

DeleteKeyFrames_001lbl1.png
    1159 x 200 - 9K
    ClearAnimation_003lbl1.png
    1498 x 1006 - 684K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on