Announcing The Platinum Club Plus [Beta] Program

1414243444547»

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Hey all, just a heads up - we will be wrapping the beta up at around 9am (DAZ time) on Thursday 31st. So if you don't want to lose your coupons/PC+ deals, please make sure you plan accordingly.

Thanks to everyone who has participated, it's been appreciated and we've learnt a lot.

I spent my as soon as I got them. :coolsmirk:

I look forward to seeing what DAZ finally decides about PC+ going forward.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2014

same as miss B. used them almost immediately.

My how time flies, PC+ is almost over. I have yet to write my review. in a nutshell, this in combo with that was confusing as others had said. I am very pleased with the discount range rather then the fixed prices as well, the one thing I hope they (Daz3d) keep going somehow. I just wish I had more to spend, tho that would probably leave this beginner in complete how do I use this confusion.

Thanks and gratitude goes to all the Content Creators, and the staff at Daz3D.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

Is Allesandro Am's store the only one that's actually stacking discounts? So far today I've tried the various sales from Neftis and Mindvision as well as Alessandro's, and the "special PC" prices all seem to overide the PA+ discount. ie: Neftis items should be 40% + 30% for a total of 58% off while Mindvision should be 50% + 30% for a total of 65% off.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

Neftis has 50% off for PA+, instead of 40.
    Mindvisin isn't a PA+ shop...

edited July 2014

lee_lhs said:

My mistake on Mindvision.

However, the 50% off for Neftis is actually a smaller discount than there would have been if there hadn't been an additional discount for PC members. Add the 30% to the 40% and you get a 58% discount, so the "PC Special price" is really yet another non-deal for those in the PC +.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited July 2014

lee_lhs said:

My mistake on Mindvision.

However, the 50% off for Neftis is actually a smaller discount than there would have been if there hadn't been an additional discount for PC members. Add the 30% to the 40% and you get a 58% discount, so the "PC Special price" is really yet another non-deal for those in the PC +.

Well, they could have decided to give no extra discount, ne? ;-)
    The sparrow in the hand is better than the pidgeon on the rooftop.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

However, the 50% off for Neftis is actually a smaller discount than there would have been if there hadn’t been an additional discount for PC members. Add the 30% to the 40% and you get a 58% discount, so the “PC Special price” is really yet another non-deal for those in the PC +.

Where are you getting the added 30% discount for non members? I see Neftis products discounted 50% for PA owned and 72% for DAZ O's.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    However, the 50% off for Neftis is actually a smaller discount than there would have been if there hadn’t been an additional discount for PC members. Add the 30% to the 40% and you get a 58% discount, so the “PC Special price” is really yet another non-deal for those in the PC +.

Where are you getting the added 30% discount for non members? I see Neftis products discounted 50% for PA owned and 72% for DAZ O's.

What 30% for non-members? Neftis is currently listed as one of this week's PC+ PAs, so there's supposed to be a 30% off there for PC+ members. If that discount was stacked with the standard 40% off that regular non-PC customers are already getting, you'd have a 58% discount on non-new PA products, correct? Instead PC+ members are getting a flat 50% off as PC Members.
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

What 30% for non-members? Neftis is currently listed as one of this week’s PC+ PAs, so there’s supposed to be a 30% off there for PC+ members. If that discount was stacked with the standard 40% off that regular non-PC customers are already getting, you’d have a 58% discount on non-new PA products, correct? Instead PC+ members are getting a flat 50% off as PC Members.

Is someone that I am unaware of getting a bigger discount than 50% off? And just to be clear isn't 50 a higher discount than 30% percent on all the other PC+ PA's? People have been saying over and over they want flat discounts so they don't have to do math. That whole "don't make me do math" thing will mean no stacking.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    What 30% for non-members? Neftis is currently listed as one of this week’s PC+ PAs, so there’s supposed to be a 30% off there for PC+ members. If that discount was stacked with the standard 40% off that regular non-PC customers are already getting, you’d have a 58% discount on non-new PA products, correct? Instead PC+ members are getting a flat 50% off as PC Members.

Is someone that I am unaware of getting a bigger discount than 50% off? And just to be clear isn't 50 a higher discount than 30% percent on all the other PC+ PA's? People have been saying over and over they want flat discounts so they don't have to do math. That whole "don't make me do math" thing will mean no stacking.

Personally, I don't know why the discount stacking is such a problem. to me, it is a very easy thing to figure out and if on some days, like today, my poor brain doesn't want to figure out how to do math, I simply put the items in my cart and then proceed to checkout. As long as I don't proceed past the first screen and do not choose a method, I find it very easy to see how the prices are and how coupons may affect the order. I just do my bet to remember to un-process the coupon if necessary. But then, I like math and I like trying to figure out easier ways to see/do things. For example: I have spent hours figuring out how to how to adjust a price in RL so that the customer would end up paying the proper price after they take a discount that they aren't suppose to take, but do. It ended up being a very simple solution that, for some reason, I was making extremely complicated trying to figure out.

I think that the problem with stacking discounts is that people want the"easy" one size fits all, answer, but with varying discounts, it isn't an answer that is straight up, but that does require a bit of math - and a working calculator helps.

To put my final 2 cents into the pot of the discounts. I do prefer the stacking method instead of a straight (one size fits all) percentage because I believe that, in the long run, we will get better prices with the stacking than with the straight-up one percentage.

DAZ - thank you for letting us check out the PC+ beta.

• HyJinxHyJinx Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

With the trial nearly over, there's only one major drawback to PC+ for me, and that's the $1.99 items. I completely understand that inflation can't be avoided, and continuing to offer $1.99 items would certainly have a significant negative impact on the quality of items being offered at this price. If having all future PC releases be available for 70% off instead of $1.99, would allow for a more diverse array of PC offerings I'm all for it. However, the items that have already been released for $1.99 should remain that way, I can't imagine ever purchasing a product for $5.09+ that's value has already been set at $1.99. Possibly create a "PC Classics" category for these items, with all future releases being 70% off.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,127
    edited December 1969

bduncan86 said:
    With the trial nearly over, there's only one major drawback to PC+ for me, and that's the $1.99 items. I completely understand that inflation can't be avoided, and continuing to offer $1.99 items would certainly have a significant negative impact on the quality of items being offered at this price. If having all future PC releases be available for 70% off instead of $1.99, would allow for a more diverse array of PC offerings I'm all for it. However, the items that have already been released for $1.99 should remain that way, I can't imagine ever purchasing a product for $5.09+ that's value has already been set at $1.99. Possibly create a "PC Classics" category for these items, with all future releases being 70% off.

Yes, we agree.. like I said previously, we kept the pricing at 70% across the board for a few reasons, but longer term changes will address the back-cat issue :)

This discussion has been closed.