Kudos to The Supersuit!!!!

nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I figure all the complaints Daz has been receiving over the past few days (including from me), it would be nice if I take some time to give a little praise.

I finally got the Supersuit Pro Suite, with all the styles plus the props and scenes, and all I can say is WOW! I've never seen such a versatile suit with so many presets, colors, designs and options. I can create my own Justice League of America....(of the Universe even) from all the different costumes and characters.

NICE JOB DAZ! It's a wonderful product that has already got my imagination fired up over all the story possibilities. :coolsmile:

Comments

• Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Leee said:
    I figure all the complaints Daz has been receiving over the past few days (including from me), it would be nice if I take some time to give a little praise.

I finally got the Supersuit Pro Suite, with all the styles plus the props and scenes, and all I can say is WOW! I've never seen such a versatile suit with so many presets, colors, designs and options. I can create my own Justice League of America....(of the Universe even) from all the different costumes and characters.

NICE JOB DAZ! It's a wonderful product that has already got my imagination fired up over all the story possibilities. :coolsmile:

I finally managed to get Supersuit pro bundle to stay in my cart and purchase it…

What a mistake! I paid $89.96 and all the darn thing does is crash DS as soon as i select ANY Supersuit folder in the content lib :(

No matter if i choose scenes or clothing route to Supersuit folder DS crashes!

:(

• nwleee_a52bfead84nwleee_a52bfead84 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

I know some of the presets take a long time to load, but so far I haven't had any crashes.
    I guess the first thing you should do is check the usual things: Latest update for your video card,Check for Updates on your OS.

Just out of curiosity what OS are you running (Windows 7?), What kind of graphics card and how much RAM do you have?

• Vos1327Vos1327 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I share your pain. I'm having trouble with Supersuit crashing DAZ as well. No other troubles with DAZ--it's all running fine. Everything in the computer is up to date. Lots of room, etc. Just the Supersuit. Hope there's a fix for this...soon...

edited December 1969

Leee said:
    I know some of the presets take a long time to load, but so far I haven't had any crashes.
    I guess the first thing you should do is check the usual things: Latest update for your video card,Check for Updates on your OS.

Just out of curiosity what OS are you running (Windows 7?), What kind of graphics card and how much RAM do you have?

I am using my laptop atm:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-VPCF12Z1E-i7-740QM-Processor-Windows/dp/tech-data/B003N195UO/ref=de_a_smtd

Cant install on my desktop until wife and kids wake up :(

(wife and baby in same room as pc and its only 5am) so could be a laptop issue, will test on desktop later BUT, as u see from the specs, its a pretty decent laptop. I have win 7 ultimate installed btw.

All apps, drivers etc are up to date.

Thanks for the reply :)

edited December 1969

Vos1327 said:
    I share your pain. I'm having trouble with Supersuit crashing DAZ as well. No other troubles with DAZ--it's all running fine. Everything in the computer is up to date. Lots of room, etc. Just the Supersuit. Hope there's a fix for this...soon...

Darn!

I will do a bug report later after i test on my desktop. Care to add your experiences to it? PM me ;)

edited December 1969

Orion_Uk said:
    Leee said:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-VPCF12Z1E-i7-740QM-Processor-Windows/dp/tech-data/B003N195UO/ref=de_a_smtd

(wife and baby in same room as pc and its only 5am) so could be a laptop issue, will test on desktop later BUT, as u see from the specs, its a pretty decent laptop. I have win 7 ultimate installed btw.

Yeah, your laptop looks like it should be up for the job. But this kind of reminds me of the troubles Sony is having with their Vegas 11 Pro. Half the users are having no problems with the latest version of the video editing software, and the other half (like me) experience constant crashes. And this has been going on for almost a year now. Sony has released some patches but nothing seems to work. In the user's forum at Sony, some of us came up with a work around - If we put Vegas in "Compatibility Mode" for Windows 7, it cuts down dramatically on the crashes (almost eliminates them entirely). So maybe just for laughs, why don't you try running Daz Studio in Compatibility Mode and also Run as Administrator. It's worth a shot.

edited December 1969

Leee said:
    Orion_Uk said:
    Leee said:

Yeah, your laptop looks like it should be up for the job. But this kind of reminds me of the troubles Sony is having with their Vegas 11 Pro. Half the users are having no problems with the latest version of the video editing software, and the other half (like me) experience constant crashes. And this has been going on for almost a year now. Sony has released some patches but nothing seems to work. In the user's forum at Sony, some of us came up with a work around - If we put Vegas in "Compatibility Mode" for Windows 7, it cuts down dramatically on the crashes (almost eliminates them entirely). So maybe just for laughs, why don't you try running Daz Studio in Compatibility Mode and also Run as Administrator. It's worth a shot.

I remember that, I upgraded to Build 322 and all was fine after that ;)

There was also a work around by using Hexed and changing some entrys to do with the 4 gb file size limit ;)..(google it) theres a few pages about that!

Did the run as admin thing but will try compat mode ;) All will prob be fine on my desktop (HP Elite, i7 with 16gb ram) will know later.

I can prob dig up the info on SV if you like?

:)

edited December 1969

Thanks Orion, if you find something about Vegas, I'm always happy to check out new and interesting ways in preventing it from crashing. Feel free to PM if you like.

edited December 1969

Leee said:
    Thanks Orion, if you find something about Vegas, I'm always happy to check out new and interesting ways in preventing it from crashing. Feel free to PM if you like.

Sent u a PM ;)

edited December 1969

Well its kinda good news :)

Supersuit runs great on my desktop pc (dont regret buying it now..lol), just cant work out why my laptop has problems!
    Going to file a bug report anyways.. you never know!

:)