New Interactive Lessons Available

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited December 1969 in The Commons

We've created two new Interactive Lessons for use in DAZ Studio 4.6.3.50 or higher.

They go over how to Auto-Fit your Genesis clothing to Genesis 2.

You can find them here:

http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/using-auto-fit-genesis-to-genesis-2-female
http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/using-auto-fit-genesis-to-genesis-2-male

Oh and the best part is, they're FREE!!

Enjoy

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Just 'bought' these, will have a look in the morning.

Bedtime here, thanks

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Thanks oodles!

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

This is so Epic, I've been fumbling with this Auto-fit thing in fear that products would not work at all.
    It really broadens the horizons of what is available to someone barely able to use Daz Studio for the first time. Thank you so much.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    edited December 1969

I saw this and got them today and installed using install manager but I don't know how to access them. Where are they located within the DAZ program?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,064
    edited June 2014

I saw this and got them today and installed using install manager but I don't know how to access them. Where are they located within the DAZ program?

Down in the lower right after you fire up Studio - "Select a Lesson" and then the top item in the sub-menu "Interactive Lessons".

lessons.jpg
    469 x 272 - 23K
    Post edited by namffuak on
  • DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

Down in the lower right after you fire up Studio - "Select a Lesson" and then the top item in the sub-menu "Interactive Lessons".

That's exactly right. Thanks namffuak.

Incidentally, these interactive lessons are just scripts that utilize the Interactive Lesson Manager which is a public part of the API. If anyone is interested in making an interactive lesson you can find documentation for that here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/education/interactive_lessons/start

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Interactive Lessons are probably - in my humble opinion - your best marketing idea since the giveaway of DS, Bryce and Hexagon (yes, I love them all!).Sincere congratulations on this, DAZ!

Just please tell me: can you list ALL Interactive Lessons so far please? The descriptions have different numbers, some repeat, the first seems to be missing.

I've tracked down:
    - INSIDE THE ASYLUM
    - SLAYING THE DRAGON
    - SF WARRIOR
    - DAY AT THE BEACH
    - FIERY GENESIS (is it the first IL in history of DS having appeared in DS4.5 at least?)
    - BAREFOOT DANCER (is it the second as it appears in DS4.6 alongside Gen2F Starter Essentials?)
    - USING AUTOFIT WITH GEN2F
    - USING AUTOFIT WITH GEN2M

It would be perfect if you listed them somehow more prominently. They're worth it!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

You realize of course that I just had to download and install the latest just to see these eh?! ;-)

• LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

I installed the Auto-Fit Interactive Lessons today and they are nowhere to be seen. There is nothing in the bottom right hand corner, nothing I can see in any of the menu's or anything in 'Customise ' - so can anyone throw any light on this.

edited December 1969

What version of DS are you currently using, Help > About DAZ Studio?

Have you tried clicking on Help > Home in the help menu, that should bring up a screen with Interactive Lessons as one of the options?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Interactive Lessons are probably - in my humble opinion - your best marketing idea since the giveaway of DS, Bryce and Hexagon (yes, I love them all!).Sincere congratulations on this, DAZ!

Just please tell me: can you list ALL Interactive Lessons so far please? The descriptions have different numbers, some repeat, the first seems to be missing.

I've tracked down:
    - INSIDE THE ASYLUM
    - SLAYING THE DRAGON
    - SF WARRIOR
    - DAY AT THE BEACH
    - FIERY GENESIS (is it the first IL in history of DS having appeared in DS4.5 at least?)
    - BAREFOOT DANCER (is it the second as it appears in DS4.6 alongside Gen2F Starter Essentials?)

It would be perfect if you listed them somehow more prominently. They're worth it!

Finding, Loading, and Manipulating Content (included with DS)
    Dagger Dancer (included in Dagger Dreams, which you can get for free after doing the Barefoot Dancer IL)

edited December 1969

I've tracked down:
    - INSIDE THE ASYLUM
    - SLAYING THE DRAGON
    - SF WARRIOR
    - DAY AT THE BEACH

Finding, Loading, and Manipulating Content (included with DS)
    Dagger Dancer (included in Dagger Dreams, which you can get for free after doing the Barefoot Dancer IL)

Is "Dagger Dancer" using Gen2M as a difference from "Barefoot Dancer"? Can somebody show me the final render? I'm curious.

edited December 1969

Is "Dagger Dancer" using Gen2M as a difference from "Barefoot Dancer"? Can somebody show me the final render? I'm curious.

Dagger Dancer uses Gen2F. The only thing that changes is her pose, the camera angle, and the fact that she is holding a dagger.

Dagger_Dancer.png
    350 x 455 - 284K
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Dagger Dancer uses Gen2F. The only thing that changes is her pose, the camera angle, and the fact that she is holding a dagger.

Okay, thank you :). I hope there will be more Interactive Lessons and more focus on the males! You could possibly even throw in the bundles such staple DAZ Originals as MFD, Hooded Cloak and Defiant since like 95% of us have already got them, so the sales wouldn't be cut at all, I suppose. As I said, ILs increase your customer base by attracting new people (I persuaded several colleagues of mine to take up DS after they saw the ILs - you know, that fuzzy "I can do that too" effect), thus expanding the customer base, which can be seen in the sales' summaries. Oh, even a competition could be held - choose a theme, a catchy title and plus-minus four products which aren't new releases or are at least three months old. Then the jury would consider making an IL out of it.

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

I installed the Auto-Fit Interactive Lessons today and they are nowhere to be seen. There is nothing in the bottom right hand corner, nothing I can see in any of the menu's or anything in 'Customise ' - so can anyone throw any light on this.

I've installed this and can't see it either. I've activated the lesson strip but the lesson is not listed. I'm using version 4.6.1.17 on windows 7.
    Can anyone help please?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Eva1 said:

I've installed this and can't see it either. I've activated the lesson strip but the lesson is not listed. I'm using version 4.6.1.17 on windows 7.
    Can anyone help please?

You need 4.6.3 for the interactive lessons.

edited June 2014

You need 4.6.3 for the interactive lessons.

Thanks very much!:) Off to update DS!...

EDIT - Just installed the latest version of DS, reinstalled the lessons, but they still aren't listed in the lessons...

Post edited by Eva1 on
    edited December 1969

They don't all appear in the Lesson Strip I'm afraid.

I have Barefoot Dancer, Dagger Dancer, Finding Loading and Manipulating Content, Autofit Genesis 2 Male and Autofit Genesis 2 Female.

The rest are in My DAZ 3D Library > DAZ Studio Tutorials, but they don't seem to have an interactive element to them like the ones listed have. I looked in DIM > Installed, select the item, right click and select Show Installed Files to see what was actually installed.

I meant to bring this up, but thanks to you, I have now. Perhaps they are not meant for the Lesson Strip or the interactive part has been missed in the download. I am sure that either Jared or Mike can tell us?

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

They do all appear in the Lesson Strip, but I have no idea why yours aren't showing up. Have you tried unistalling them and re-installing them to see if they appear.

edited December 1969

Thanks Wendy, it was all my fault, the way my Filters were set in DIM.

I had to enable Plugins in the Filter list, and then I got the proper downloads for the Lesson Strip folder.

Maybe that is what is wrong with yours too Eva?

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Wait, there's an issue auto-fitting genesis stuff to G2F? I've never had any issues at all, save for shoes. And shoes have always been a catastrophe.

edited December 1969

Most interactive lessons require DAZ Studio 4.6.2 or higher. However, with 4.6.3 came improvements to the Interactive Lesson Manager API. If the interactive lesson takes advantage of these new features it will require 4.6.3 or higher. The Auto-Fit lessons take advantage of a new feature that allows us to guide the user through modal dialogs (like the Auto-Fit dialog). Thus it requires 4.6.3+. This is clearly stated on the product page in the notes section.

Some interactive lessons will have two parts. The actual lesson which is a DAZ Script (.dsa, .dsb or .dse) and then associated content. When you pick up an interactive lesson you need to make sure you install both the content and the actual lesson. If you don't install the script (or you don't install it to the right place if you are using the manual install method or an installer instead of DIM) then it isn't going to show up in the lesson strip.

Since it is just a script you can still run the script from within Studio and the lesson will run. You just need to make sure you have the content the script requires installed.

At any rate I'd be interested to get more information from those who don't see the lessons show up in the lesson strip. What files are you installing? How are you installing them?

edited June 2014

DAZ_jared said:

At any rate I'd be interested to get more information from those who don't see the lessons show up in the lesson strip. What files are you installing? How are you installing them?

I downloaded the file for Windows from my product library ( Using Auto-Fit - Genesis to Genesis 2 Female) then ran the installer. It chose the location to install, which is the same location as DS is installed (for me it's C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4) - it doesn't give the option to choose. But there is nothing in the Lessons Strip folder after install, hence nothing showing up in the Lessons Strip in DS.

I'm wondering if it's because my DS is not installed in a default install location....?

Post edited by Eva1 on
    edited December 1969

Eva1 said:
    DAZ_jared said:

I downloaded the file for Windows from my product library ( Using Auto-Fit - Genesis to Genesis 2 Female) then ran the installer. It chose the location to install, which is the same location as DS is installed (for me it's C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4) - it doesn't give the option to choose. But there is nothing in the Lessons Strip folder after install, hence nothing showing up in the Lessons Strip in DS.

I'm wondering if it's because my DS is not installed in a default install location....?

That is entirely possible. I would recommend installing with DIM, but I know not everyone installs with DIM. I'll do some testing of the actual installer.

While I'm doing that could you browse to c:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 and send me a screen shot of what is located there?

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

While I'm doing that could you browse to c:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 and send me a screen shot of what is located there?

....attached as requested.

DS_screenshot.jpg
    604 x 1000 - 247K
    edited December 1969

Eva1 said:
    DAZ_jared said:

....attached as requested.

Run the Studio.exe from that folder and see if the Interactive Lesson shows up.

If not look under Resources/Lesson Strips/Interactive/Interactive Lesson/Using Auto-Fit Genesis to Genesis 2 [Fe]male

You should see a script called 0.dsa. That is the interactive lesson. You can run that.

edited December 1969

Hi jared - thanks for the suggestions. The problem however is that the files do not appear to be installing, even thought the installer actually runs through the process without problems (I get all the usual windows appearing through to finish). After I have run the installer I only see these lessons in the interactive folder, not the autofit one....

image.jpg
    616 x 676 - 90K
  • LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

What version of DS are you currently using, Help > About DAZ Studio?

Have you tried clicking on Help > Home in the help menu, that should bring up a screen with Interactive Lessons as one of the options?

Thank you JimmyC, the 'Help/Home) did the trick. I did install both the Gen 2 Male and Female Tutorials but only the Male shows for some reason but it's a start.

In actual fact I can use Auto-Fit but I was hoping to find something more than I have already researched on shoe fitting as they has been an issue from the start for many people. There are several somewhat convoluted 'get-arounds' non of which work that well

I'm using Version 4.3.6.50 (Latest Version)

Barbara

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,314
    edited December 1969

Wait, there's an issue auto-fitting genesis stuff to G2F? I've never had any issues at all, save for shoes. And shoes have always been a catastrophe.

This is my confusion over these, I keep meaning to download them and see what I'm doing wrong, but haven't gotten around to it yet.