Interactive Lessons for Daz Studio

2»

Comments

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I'm glad changing your resolution worked for you. I understand it's definitely not a permanent solution. In terms of updating the script it sounds like you said your monitor was 720p. Is that correct? I would have assumed that the box would be able to be drawn on a 720p monitor, but it's good to know that it isn't.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    I'm glad changing your resolution worked for you. I understand it's definitely not a permanent solution. In terms of updating the script it sounds like you said your monitor was 720p. Is that correct? I would have assumed that the box would be able to be drawn on a 720p monitor, but it's good to know that it isn't.

720p is just a default resolution that is for my screen size. There are several other screen sizes that also have that default resolution. Luckily mine can be bumped up to 1080p, but when I do that, I get the warning the performance will be affected on my laptop. I think that box would fit if it were further up the screen, but the progress bar at the top prevents it from going higher.

I do think that the image size being reduced, as you mentioned, would make the lesson more accessible. The render settings preset included will set the image to the size needed to complete the lesson, so really the intro image size is not a high priority for the lesson.

I'm looking forward to the updates for these lessons!

• jessejuicerjessejuicer Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I was also looking for a way to download all the available interactive lessons, but couldn't find them all in one place. Instead I just went to the daz3d.com shop and downloaded them individually. Here's a list of the packages I know about that include interactive lessons:
    - Using Auto-Fit - Victoria 4 to Genesis 2 Female
    - Using Auto-Fit - Michael 4 to Genesis 2 Male
    - Sci-Fi Warrior Bundle
    - Inside the Asylum Bundle
    - Day at the Beach Bundle
    - Slaying the Dragon Bundle
    It might help to type "lesson" into the search bar for the shop. For me this brought up all the above packages on one page.

edited December 1969

I was also looking for a way to download all the available interactive lessons, but couldn't find them all in one place. Instead I just went to the daz3d.com shop and downloaded them individually. Here's a list of the packages I know about that include interactive lessons:
    - Using Auto-Fit - Victoria 4 to Genesis 2 Female
    - Using Auto-Fit - Michael 4 to Genesis 2 Male
    - Sci-Fi Warrior Bundle
    - Inside the Asylum Bundle
    - Day at the Beach Bundle
    - Slaying the Dragon Bundle
    It might help to type "lesson" into the search bar for the shop. For me this brought up all the above packages on one page.

On the Store main Page Hover over the Store tab, move onto the dialogue box that appears, move to the extreme right in that box and click on Interactive Lessons. You will be taken to the page you just described. It also includes supporting products for one of the lessons; the Dagger Dreams collection for the Slaying the Dragon Bundle.

There is also:
    Using Auto-Fit- Genesis to Genesis 2 Female,
    Auto-Fit - Genesis to Genesis 2 Male.

All of the Auto-Fit lessons are essentially the same, though the fits may be included for each target figure in their respective packs.

• So, I know I've got Day at the Beach, Dragon Slayer, Fiery Genesis, Barefoot Dancer, Inside the Asylum, Sci-Fi Warrior, Slaying the Dragon, and Supersuit Thumbnails under the DAZ Studio Tutorials in my content. 

But in interactive lessons, I only see 
    I: Getting Started 

and II Sample Scenes with Barefoot Dancer and Elvish Fury (Dancer Daggers and Elvish Dagger tutorials don't show up there, for example). 

I know they all showed up at one time, and I have all the content - but the actual lessons aren't there. 

So... how would one go about fixing that? @Richard Hasletine any suggestions? 

• The lessons are generally separate installers, have you used those? How did you install?

• The lessons are generally separate installers, have you used those? How did you install?

I used the DIM to install those Interactive Lessons, and the relevant content. It is supposed to install all the files to the correct locations for the lessons to work, right?

• Yes, that should be working. I assuem other isntalled content is working normally?

• Yes, that should be working. I assuem other isntalled content is working normally?

All except a small few, such as dragon armor and tack not fitting correctly on the dragons they are made for, and certain Smart pose products not posing very well at all. But those are issues for another time, and possibly for a Help Request at the Help Desk. I won't bother people here with that. Most of my content is working well though.  

• Which dragon? As I recall the Poser-format Millennium Dragons load scaled, and so do their accessories - you need tore set the scale for the accessories to 100% (alt/opt-click the cale slider) and they should fit.

edited September 2018

Which dragon? As I recall the Poser-format Millennium Dragons load scaled, and so do their accessories - you need tore set the scale for the accessories to 100% (alt/opt-click the cale slider) and they should fit.

Millennium Dragon and Millennium Dragon 2, each having their own armor and tack. The foreleg armor loads to the opposite leg on both of these dragons and there are a couple of other issues as well. It has been so long since I quit trying to get them working, that I cannot recall the other issues completely, but this one is really the biggest of the issues on both dragons. Of course the righ Greive wont fit the left foreleg, and vice versa. So you see why I have given up on it. I think it may have something to do with my computer; but even on my newer one, the issues persisted. I'm at a loss for understanding what is happening. I've had their armor and tack sets for about 2 years, and never been able to use them.

By the way both dragons are the full versions, not the LE versions.

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
  • Which tack was that? If I have it I'll give it a try.

• Which tack was that? If I have it I'll give it a try.

I'll need to look it up, and get back to you. At the moment, I'm pretty busy with other tasks, but I'll get on it as soon as I have some free time. 

I appreciate your willingness to look into this.

On the problem with the interactive lessons, I'm planning to check and see if that situation has improved. I'll let you know either way.

Thank you.

• OK, looks like I found some free time sooner than I expected, so I went and found the two dragon armor packs that are giving me the trouble. Here they are:

'Drago' for Millennium Dragon
    https://www.daz3d.com/drago-for-millennium-dragon

Flying Fortress for Millennium Dragon 2
    https://www.daz3d.com/flying-fortress-for-millennium-dragon-2

I'm providing the links to the product pages just in case you'd like to go to them for whatever reason.

I was thinking that it might be a rigging problem, either in the armor pieces, or in the dragons. I find it hard to believe that it could be in both dragons, though; and really it seems hard to believe it would bt in the armor. I don't know how these things work 'under the hood' so to speak. But as ithey are doing the same thing on both of the computers they are installed on, I cannot say it is the computers. One is a Toshiba, and the other is a HP; two completely different brands. Both are running Windows 10, but I can't see that as the problem either. It might just be me, although how is beyond my un derstanding if that is the case. I'm not having that problem with other similar products in my content.

• I have both of those. As I thought, the scale on the armour piece does need to be set to 100% to avoid its doubling up with th dragon scale but once tnat is done the left-arm pieces seem to align correctly (though Drago is a bit loose all around), at least on the left arms

Dragon armour arms.JPG
    931 x 936 - 83K