Genesis loads unreasonably slow

gabriel.delacruzgabriel.delacruz Posts: 82
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi guys,

I purchased a Carrara license during the last software discount campaign assuming it is compatible with daz stuff... however genesis loads even slower than poser, it takes about 45 minutes to open a file. I do have a large amount of morphs but the waiting times are just too much. Is there a way to make carrara just load the files from their original location just without having to re-import the universe each time? Same about file sizes, a daz project file is a couple of kb, after loading genesis a Carrara file weights hundreds of megs... I guess this is just converting every morph one by one...

After the file is open, in runs well, but as soon as I start touching morph sliders it gets dumb and got another crazy waiting time.. I simply cannot use it.

Daz studio runs like a charm, poser glitches sometimes and get slow while morphing, but nothing compared with carrara's unresponsiveness... Other animation software handles the fbx exports with the full load of morphs very well.

This i7 does have sufficient resources for the work..

Any walk-arounds? Is importing stuff strictly necessary? why cant Carrara run Daz files natively?

Cheers

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI gabriel.delacruz

I think the problem may be because you're Importing Genesis

In Carrara 8.5,. you should have a "Smart content" area in the browser.
    This is where you'll find Genesis, and can double click to load directly into Carrara.

Genesis saves out as a much larger file from Carrara, because Carrara actually converts Genesis to something that;s more like a Native Carrara Model. and that allows you to do more with it,. like geo-grafting.

DS simply saves a list of the items used in a scene.

Carrara saves the Model.

Try using the "Smart Content" area of the browser to load Genesis.
    Try saving a Genesis figure, as a DS scene (DUF), and then load that into Carrara.

Genesis loading time for me (from the smart content) is under 1 minute,. that's on an AMD Athlon II (quad core)

Hope it helps :)

Gen_load_SC.jpg
    1663 x 977 - 407K
  • gabriel.delacruzgabriel.delacruz Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

Hi 3DAge,

I am starting to suspect that there might be something broken in my genesis morphs, since the generation 2 seems to load properly... but genesis figures just get seriously stacked.
    I will reinstall the model libraries and see what happens.

Opening a .duf file takes 3Dages ;-) it opens eventually but... time flows...

After seeing that v6 works I got some hope.

thanks!

• gabriel.delacruzgabriel.delacruz Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

It works better now... don't ask me why, I reinstalled many things, rebuilt the database... started fresh.
    I think I am settled down with this.

thanks
    :D

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,199
    edited December 1969

It works better now... don't ask me why, I reinstalled many things, rebuilt the database... started fresh.
    I think I am settled down with this.

thanks
    :D

Cool :)