Product Suggestions!

MardookMardook Posts: 291
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I seem to recall seeing a thread awhile back on here where the talented content creators wanted to know what, "we" the customers would like to see for products. Since the forum is still not working well I figured I would start one up. Here are some suggestions for products I would like to see, I know that there are similar products out already but it does not hurt to see these again for the current generation of 3d products, Genesis, V5/M5, and so on. The reality is that the existing products have limited features and are not quite flexible for using on the newest figures. Applying clothing meant for M4 or V4 on Genesis or V5/M5 characters works but try and figure out how to adjust a sleeve or button to be opened its a pain in the neck.

*I currently use both Poser Pro 2012 and Daz Studio 4 Pro. 4.47 or something rather. I know its the one before 4.5 rc 1.

Bride's Outfit for Genesis/V5 - Traditional style, not modern.
Groom's Outfit for Genesis/M5 - Traditional style, not modern.
Bathrobe with many morphing options, or a dynamic option.
NASA Astronaut Suit for Genesis/V5/M5.
Cowboy Outfit for M5... not a converted model.
CHP Uniform Outfit for M5.
Andorian Antennae for Genesis, maybe more Star Trek options. I know there are some on CG Share... but the textures are a bit hit and miss.
Snowmobile for Genesis... has anyone ever seen one of those yet?
More variety of one storey houses, the recent Bungalow was nice but I want to see different room arrangements etc for one storey houses. There are plenty of houses on the market and most of them are a little over extravagant. Something a little realistic and affordable for middle class working 3d family would be nice. :)

How come there haven't been any movements regarding updating the millenium animal set... something akin to Genesis. The products in the old cataglogue are getting a little dated looking.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moving this thread to Product Suggestions Forum

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

mardook said:
    More variety of one storey houses, the recent Bungalow was nice but I want to see different room arrangements etc for one storey houses. There are plenty of houses on the market and most of them are a little over extravagant. Something a little realistic and affordable for middle class working 3d family would be nice.

Did you see my Suburban House?

http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails?item=13365

These are the first 2 in a series, so there will be other houses coming in future.

mac
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

If you need a nice interior for your modest home I recommend Macleans Room Creator 2 the tool bar does not work but the seperate icons do. I use it for my stuff.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

mardook said:

Which tradition?

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    mardook said:
    More variety of one storey houses, the recent Bungalow was nice but I want to see different room arrangements etc for one storey houses. There are plenty of houses on the market and most of them are a little over extravagant. Something a little realistic and affordable for middle class working 3d family would be nice.

Did you see my Suburban House?

http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails?item=13365

These are the first 2 in a series, so there will be other houses coming in future.

mac

Cool! I look forward to that. :D

edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    mardook said:

Which tradition?

A wedding tux then. Something kind of like this... http://www.finetuxedos.com/tuxedos-by-occasion/wedding-tuxedos/giorgio-fiorelli-tuxedo.html or something like this http://www.finetuxedos.com/tuxedos-by-occasion/wedding-tuxedos/super-100-tuxedo-package.html
    or even a variety of them but starting off from the basic idea of the wedding tuxedo. That would be the starting point. :)

• Staffa24Staffa24 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There are plenty of houses on the market and most of them are a little over extravagant. Something a little realistic and affordable for middle class working 3d family would be nice.

I'm always open to suggestions, if you could describe what would be your ideal house (look, lay-out) I might just build it ;-)

edited December 1969

Staffa24 said:
    There are plenty of houses on the market and most of them are a little over extravagant. Something a little realistic and affordable for middle class working 3d family would be nice.

I'm always open to suggestions, if you could describe what would be your ideal house (look, lay-out) I might just build it ;-)

Hey Staffa24,

have sent you a PM with a jpg file of the layout I had in my head. :)

edited December 1969

Hi mardook

Thank you for the plan, it's a great help to get started.
    I made two drafts with only slight variations; glass block walls in the bathroom to take advantage of the light from the window, a backdoor in the laundry room and walk-in cupboards/storage in the bedrooms.

As I said these are drafts and anything/everything can be changed, looking forward to your views and those of everyone else

Many thanks

fireplace.jpg
    400 x 245 - 11K
    bath.jpg
    600 x 367 - 27K
    alt1storey.jpg
    600 x 400 - 49K
    1storey.jpg
    600 x 362 - 37K
    edited December 1969

Whoa! Those look amazing already Staffa.I wish I had the patience to do that kind of work. :)

edited December 1969

Thank you mardook, patience is the one thing that I am not lacking ;-)

In principle, would this be what you are looking for ?
    Now's the time to let me know, any much further work and it becomes too difficult to make major changes.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Ooo, I guess I better go morph up and finish that bathrobe set I've got rigged and see if DAZ will have it.

So many goodies, so little time...

edited December 1969

Hi Staffa... I really like both options but I'd like to have hallways in the house. I like the glassblock walls in the bathroom but the way it was setup before, Its stupid I know but oh well, I also like the idea of a backdoor through the laundry area so I'd go for that.. The closet space in the bedrooms is a nice Idea but I cannot see myself ever rendering those areas when I have models of dressers, and other bedroom furniture to use for that. I like the smoother entryway into the living room that you have included in the alternative. I think the smaller door into the kitchen does not work for me at least. I feel the kitchen area should have a large entryway that is open. To me, I would purchase both variations at some point were they made available because can't have too many models. :D

edited December 1969

Ooo, I guess I better go morph up and finish that bathrobe set I've got rigged and see if DAZ will have it.

I love the clothing that you have created. It looks great on the figures.

Question for ya. Is the bathrobe set the something that you have released before or something new?

Just wondering. :)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

mardook said:

I love the clothing that you have created. It looks great on the figures.

Question for ya. Is the bathrobe set the something that you have released before or something new?

Just wondering. :)

It's all new. So far I haven't offered any converted products to DAZ.

I never did tie-front robes or bathrobes for V4M4 because I felt I couldn't do them justice in a reasonable amount of time with .cr2 joint falloff rigging. Genesis and DS4, with the TriAx rigging and the smoothing/collision system, have made several projects possible that were too hard and time-consuming to do and still keep product turnover reasonable (I've done two full armors as well, for instance, which was just not practical for me before).

edited December 1969

Sounds good to me! I'll be keeping an eye out then.

edited December 1969

Another possibility is to get Room Creator and just build your own house.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/room-creator-version-2

mac

edited December 1969

mardook, your bungalow is finished. ;-)

I posted it in the Commercial section of this forum as Real Houses - The Bungalow [Commercial] so as not to double post, which is not allowed.

I hope you like it and look forward to your comments. Many thanks

edited December 1969

maclean said:
    Another possibility is to get Room Creator and just build your own house.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/room-creator-version-2

mac

Sorry Maclean,

I am not ignoring you and I do have some of your products and I got this new Bungalow to play with when I get home to my PC. I'm using an iPad to access the forums and so on. Will look into room creator at some point. Thanks!

edited December 1969

No problem. I just thought it might be an alternative solution.

mac

edited December 1969

BUMP! :D

Some awesome products have come down the pipe with more on the way.
    Here are the items I would still like to see for the current generation figures.

Bride’s Dress for Genesis/V5: Perhaps even a dynamic one especially since the Optitex guy has been spotted around here in the forums.
    A Morphing Bathrobe with many morphing options, or a dynamic option. Sickleyield mentioned something about working on one. Optitex dude can figure out the complicated dynamic bit... Yea? Nay?
    NASA Astronaut Suit for Genesis/V5/M5: I don't recall seeing a really good NASA Astronaut anywhere so please someone make one. Those figures are screaming for space adventures. :)
    Cowboy Outfit for M5: There is one for M4 that does work with the new generation especially with the most recent versions of DAZ Studio and the textures by Moyra are still good. I would still like to see one made especially for the newest figures.
    CHP Uniform Outfit for Genesis/M5: C'mon, everyone loves a man in uniform. :P
    Snowmobile: Something cool and wintery.
    Updated Regency/historical clothing for Genesis and V5/M5, unless I missed the memo about this happening already.
    Improved age morphs for Genesis/V5/M5.

• annasthesiausaannasthesiausa Posts: 1
    edited October 2012

Hi.....

Thanks

Post edited by annasthesiausa on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
    edited December 1969

I am also looking for a small bungalow type house from the early 20th century, mostly for the exterior. Something along these lines:

http://architecture.about.com/od/periodsstyles/ig/House-Styles/Bungalow-Styles.htm

The particular feature I like is the front elevation - porch, pillars on brick piles, etc. The description says one and a half stories, but I'm thinking only a single story, which the illustration seems to be (unless they mean an attic).

I have checked quite a bit and can find mostly only modern houses and/or Victorian. I even considered trying one of the Home Design applications (e.g. Chief Architect), but none of them seem to include this style (and generally only the expensive ones export anything usable, e.g. 3DS).

Any suggestions appreciated.