Duplicating Car or exporting

oconnordavid16oconnordavid16 Posts: 160
edited February 2020 in New Users

This car has so many seperate parts that it took a while to colour/diffuse them all, the finished car is in the 3rd screenshot, is there any way I can duplicate it or export it like that so I can load a seond one and load them in other scenes, want to be able to load more but only need to change the colour and maybe a few othr small things without having to redo everything 

Untitled3.png
2560 x 1440 - 339K
Untitled4.png
2560 x 1440 - 300K
Untitled5.png
2560 x 1440 - 344K
Post edited by oconnordavid16 on

Comments

• Hello!
    If you go to File/Save As/Support Asset/Figure Prop Asset you can save the car out to your Daz Studio Library. Using File/Save As/Material Preset you can also save out each of your material options as full presets to apply to the car so you don't have to save out multiple versions of the car just the one base model and then the additional color options.

If you want a quick way to just load duplicates into your scene you can go to File/Edit/Duplicate and select Duplicate Node for a single figure/prop or Duplicate Node Hierarchies for the base figure and anything parented to it.

Hope this helps!
    Elli

• Thats great thanks laugh

• this car has an interior but I can't make the windows transparent, any reason why or ny way to make then transparent? 

Untitled8.png
    2560 x 1440 - 604K
    Untitled9.png
    2560 x 1440 - 382K
  • Activate the Surface Selection Tool (Tools menu) and click on the glass - that should enable you to select it, you can then apply a glass preset to it.