noob: strange fold on dress

mathias7212mathias7212 Posts: 55
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi there!

I'm trying to fit dresses on Genesis with some extreme morphs and am getting strange results.
Does anyone know why the folds on the pic appear and how I get rid of them?

Thanks!

fold.jpg
472 x 232 - 44K

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    edited December 1969

What dress are you using? Are you using ds4 or DS4.5?

• mathias7212mathias7212 Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Anime dress for Genesis and DS4 (not 4.5). And the fold shows up
    on several dresses.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Anime dress for Genesis and DS4 (not 4.5). And the fold shows up
    on several dresses.
    What morphs are you using on Genesis? Does it disappear when you remove the morphs?
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you using the Autofit tool? Or just morphs?

Did you load the dress and then morph Genesis?

Stupid questions I know but I've never seen this with a Genesis only Item.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Are you using the Autofit tool? Or just morphs?

Did you load the dress and then morph Genesis?

Stupid questions I know but I've never seen this with a Genesis only Item.
    Me either, given it is for genesis they shouldn't have needed to use autofit. Is it a Hitomi required item? I wouldn't have thought so....
    edited December 1969

Listed as for all Genesis figures. It should fit without any errors.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hey all... I think this may be caused by the extreme morphs that the OP said they were using. I've seen this sort of thing when the Auto-Follow of certain morphs that are transferred to clothes try to move the mesh.

If this is the case, one way to try and correct it is to apply smoothing. The other would be to find the offending morphs and turn off Auto-Follow for them and then use smoothing and collision to fit around those morphs.

What are the extreme morphs that you are using?

edited December 1969

Ah! I learn something everyday. Thanks for looking in niccipb. We don't know they dropped out around 8pm my time.

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hey all... I think this may be caused by the extreme morphs that the OP said they were using. I've seen this sort of thing when the Auto-Follow of certain morphs that are transferred to clothes try to move the mesh.

If this is the case, one way to try and correct it is to apply smoothing. The other would be to find the offending morphs and turn off Auto-Follow for them and then use smoothing and collision to fit around those morphs.

this makes sense...
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:

What are the extreme morphs that you are using?

Ah, sorry. I fell asleep there. And about the morphs, I use alot of them and the basic idea was to test if the clothing for Genesis are as good as I had hoped. Morphs on this particular figure are V5, Voluptuous, Fitness, Bodybuilder, Body Volume, All Muscle Volume and some Volume Morphs on specific bodyparts.

The point was to use standard Genesis stuff and see if it worked as flawlessly as it seemed from the outside.

I like your idea by the way, and I will try that. Sadly though, I'm also new to the UI and all new functionality so it will take some time before I know if it works. If you could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

And thanks to all who replied!

edited December 1969

I forgot, the same fold appears on Sexy Silky for Genesis and Scoopback Minidress for Genesis. So, my guess is that the problem has nothing to do with the clothing.

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

This is clearly a smoothing problem.

I dialed all the mentioned morphs to 1 and the first image shows the dress with smoothing turned off. The second image has smoothing on at the default of 20. Third image has smoothing set to 100!!! and the fourth image shows the parameters panel with the smoothing dial.

ADSmoothPanel-20120708094520.jpg
    498 x 432 - 68K
    ADSmooth100-20120708094452.jpg
    800 x 793 - 143K
    ADSmooth20-20120708094245.jpg
    800 x 789 - 142K
    ADBad-20120708094151.jpg
    800 x 789 - 157K
    edited December 1969

Great! That's a vast improvement. I'll definately try that. I wonder if there is a way to loose the fold completely though. Maybe fiddling around with that morph follower will yield something. And again: thanks for the smoothing tip! I'll try that now.