Transferring objects from Bryce to Daz?

Halbarad-elaiaHalbarad-elaia Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello. I have been attempting to use 4 spheres with graphics from Bryce in a scene on Daz 3D. My issue is I cannot for the life of me find a way to transfer them into Daz to be manipulated as I need them to be. I have only succeeded in transferring it as a background which is not even remotely what I am attempting. Is it possible to transfer objects from bryce to Daz 3d for manipulation or am I attempting a futile goal? I appreciate the assistance :D

Comments

• alymacalymac Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

if there is any way you can do the opposite, you will be much better off. it is infinetly easier to go from daz to bryce.
    since they are only spheres have you tried exporting them as .obj and then importing them into daz?

Post edited by alymac on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

If you are using Bryce 7 simply do the following:

1. Create a new Bryce scene.

2. Create the spheres you want to transfer to Daz Studio.

3. What you need to do is to select the items you want to send over so that they appear red in the preview, and while those items are selected you will press the icon that starts DazStudio. So long as you are using DS4 you should see your items arriving in DS. Simple select an item, and press the Daz button and the items ahould be sent over. There are some exceptions however, metaballs and some other types of things.

Best of luck!

• Halbarad-elaiaHalbarad-elaia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the fast responses. Alymac, I tried doing it in reverse but received a fatal error in trying to send from daz to bryce :S

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

What platform and which versions of Bryce/D|S are you using? You can find your Bryce version by holding down the Command key (Mac) and the CTRL key (PC if I remember correctly) and selecting the "About Bryce..." form the OS "Help" menu item.
    On my Mac the bridge only works correctly with Bryce 7.1.0.109 and D|S 4.5.0.49.

edited December 1969

It's bryce 7.1.0.109 and Daz build 4.0.3.47. unfortunately selecting the objects so they were red and pressing the daz button didn't work. It sent only grey untextured spheres over. Trying to get them transferred with the textures imbued, perhaps I'm doing something wrong still?

edited December 1969

Ok, I succeeded in transferring an object, the textures are finicky, finally found one that could transfer. But it works for my purposes. Thanks for the assistance :)

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

What platform and which versions of Bryce/D|S are you using? You can find your Bryce version by holding down the Command key (Mac) and the CTRL key (PC if I remember correctly) and selecting the "About Bryce..." form the OS "Help" menu item.
    On my Mac the bridge only works correctly with Bryce 7.1.0.109 and D|S 4.5.0.49.

Yes, IIRC the bridge is fixed in 4.5 :)