Cararra Sound Clips

bdproductionsbdproductions Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am attempting to use a sound clip to act as a guide for animating a laugh sequence. I used basic math to get the animation close, but I need to determine the milliseconds to fine tune it.The sound plays choppy or loops the first few seconds (or milliseconds). The loop animation button is not selected and the file is only two seconds long. I've checked my Cararra 8 manual as well as other forums for an answer with no luck. If this feature has no real purpose, why include it as a feature at all!?!

Comments

• bdproductionsbdproductions Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I am attempting to use a sound clip to act as a guide for animating a laugh sequence. I used basic math to get the animation close, but I need to determine the milliseconds to fine tune it.The sound plays choppy or loops the first few seconds (or milliseconds). The loop animation button is not selected and the file is only two seconds long. I've checked my Cararra 8 manual as well as other forums for an answer with no luck. If this feature has no real purpose, why include it as a feature at all!?!

Never mind... I've found another way to deal with the problem.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,099
    edited December 1969

Never mind... I've found another way to deal with the problem.How did you get it to work?

edited December 1969

Never mind... I've found another way to deal with the problem.

How did you get it to work?

I didn't in Cararra... I used Sony Sound Forge. I created markers in Sound Forge to track and measure the timing of the laughs, wrote the markers down, then used the info in Cararra.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Part of the issue may be due to the quality of the sound clip. I don't use it that much, but I when I do, I use a lower bit rate as I put the real audio in when I edit the video. The imported audio in Carrara, as you were trying to do, is really meant as an animation guide for lipsync and such.

edited December 1969

Part of the issue may be due to the quality of the sound clip. I don't use it that much, but I when I do, I use a lower bit rate as I put the real audio in when I edit the video. The imported audio in Carrara, as you were trying to do, is really meant as an animation guide for lipsync and such.[/quote

The bitrate of the clip may very well be the issue. I have never used the sound clip feature in Cararra. I also add my sound in during post production. When saving MP3's, it is possible to lower the bitrate of the sound file (Cararra doesn't support MP3 format). The wav format only has three possible quality selections (in Sony Sound Forge and the rest of the packages I use) , and all of those bitrate samples are rather high in quality. At any rate, I've found a solution. Thanks anyway.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I tried once to import a 16 bits/48Khz (wav),Carrara did n't want it.
    I then imported a wav 16 bits/44,1Khz and it was OK.
    (It was for a test with Pycarrara)…

edited December 1969

Thanks DuDu, I'll give that a try. Being able to import the sound while working definitely saves time!

edited December 1969

DUDU_00001, your suggestion was correct. However, I had to create a mono track of the sound clip. I didn't even have to reduce the sound quality. So maybe the problem with importing sound is that clip, in my case, needs to be a mono wav file. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Glad to see some more posts from you. I'm also glad that you seem to be having success using Carrara.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I have a Home Studio to compose my music with Cubase and it is very easy to mix two stereo channels into only one mono.
    I am almost sure that “Audacity” (free) can do it too.