what's up? Where is my rubber band?

Hi everyone!

Help me please. In the last vídeo of my series, my rubber band is gone!!

Why?

How can i rescue?

Tks!!

Elastico_02.PNG
1010 x 719 - 334K
Elastico_01.PNG
1097 x 790 - 520K

Comments

• Is that a model you made yourself or one from a product? Have you moved or changed your content directories?

• Is that a model you made yourself or one from a product? Have you moved or changed your content directories?

Hi Richard

It's a model that was made in Maya (to control polycount). I imported into a Daz scene, rigging and saved as a Figure/Prop Asset.

I had been working on a lot of scenes before, but now it has appeared like this.

???

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822
    edited September 2019

Do you have smoothing turned on?

did you dial in a morph that affects it?

a cord like that would need to be weight painted to just the waist area or other movements could stretch it too

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Do you have smoothing turned on?

did you dial in a morph that affects it?

a cord like that would need to be weight painted to just the waist area or other movements could stretch it too

The elastic is a reference for the model to make measurements of the body.

I used dForce, dForce Magnets and Smoothing Modifier; all frozen so I can use the simulator on the tape measure.

I have been working on this project for four months and have already made several videos, but only now the error has occurred

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16gZWAE0Uv4OZTBO_9NsSFk0Ny7-6Nu4F/view?usp=sharing

• GOD!!!!!!

I found that my tape measure also has the same problem !!

MeasureTape.PNG
    1092 x 789 - 476K
  • both do not appear on the surface panel

Surface Panel.PNG
    1553 x 817 - 292K
  • Do you get an error n loading? It looks as if the .dsf files from /data are not being found, but that should pop up an alert.

• Do you get an error n loading? It looks as if the .dsf files from /data are not being found, but that should pop up an alert.

No. The content browse is OK. All my props are with the same issue.

Window.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 288K
  • Those are the user-facing files, when you saved the asset it also placed files in /data/author/product/, where author and product are the names you put in the options dialogue.

• Those are the user-facing files, when you saved the asset it also placed files in /data/author/product/, where author and product are the names you put in the options dialogue.

Yeah, i finded! And the files are all there

Data_01.PNG
    852 x 594 - 14K
    Data_02.PNG
    967 x 606 - 26K
  • Try loading the item again, wait a few moments, then go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log and scroll to the end, do you see any errors relating to the loading?

• Jesus Christ!! I get a headache seeing this!! surprise

Error_Log.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 218K
  • Most of that is rlated to materials, and seems harmless. The bit that matters is almost at the end, where it complains that the UV set has the wrong vertex count and then that it can't find the geometry for the material (possible because it couldn't build it due to the UV error). You might try moving the UV set file (I'm not going to transcribe the path from the image) to another location and see if the file will then load (though it won't take textures). Had you updated the geometry used for the elastic from its initial creation?

• Most of that is rlated to materials, and seems harmless. The bit that matters is almost at the end, where it complains that the UV set has the wrong vertex count and then that it can't find the geometry for the material (possible because it couldn't build it due to the UV error). You might try moving the UV set file (I'm not going to transcribe the path from the image) to another location and see if the file will then load (though it won't take textures). Had you updated the geometry used for the elastic from its initial creation?

I tried to remove the folder UV Set to the desktop e load the asset. See attached
    No. I'm not changed the geometri. I only changed the scale inside the scene. In reality, the measure tape and the elastic, are the same geometry. I made the scale change and surface, and saved as a new asset. I worked in various scenes with both tgether. Ever OK.

Error_Log.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 147K
  • Ah, chnaging the scale and saving as a new asset may have confused things - a simple character preset or Sceen subset would suffice for chnaging an item with adjusted parameters, assets are for things that are completely separate. Unfortunately if moving the dubious UV file didn't help I'm not sure what else you could try.